Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:37:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stateless People - no nationality = 100% freedom  (Read 3766 times)
mai77 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 08:31:07 PM by mai77

Stateless folks ("Staatenlose" etc.) might consider bitcoin a reserve currency.

More and more people give up their nationality to no longer be subjected to state terrorism, esp. in the west.
Eva Braun

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:56:54 AM

I dont believe there is anyone in the world who is "stateless" every inch of the planet is claimed by somebody
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:17:24 AM

Eh no. There are quite a few people that are considered stateless. Just one example from my part of the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranded_Pakistanis
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:18:26 AM

I don't think they choose to be stateless, but rather forced to be stateless.   It is different situation altogether in the West.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:06:53 AM

I wish everyone in the world could be stateless.. A beutiful world it would be.
revisionistic

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:23:04 PM

Does a life of statelessness involve more harm than good?
I cant understand why not wanting to pick a plantation to govern over me and my family restrict me from rights as a human being.... am I suddenly less human?  I dont become less of a consumer or anything like that, I just dont want to be affiliated with a country... I want my freedom papers!!!!   Grin
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:07:54 AM

Being stateless isnt a good thing, no healthcare, insurance etc.

Although I do like the idea of not paying taxes :/

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:26:52 AM

Stateless =

no passports, so no travel
no identity, so not recognised
not recognised, so no healthcare, no jobs, no social welfare, nothing

100% freedom ... yup  Roll Eyes

worldinacoin

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:06:44 AM

No passports,  no medical insurance, you are as good as dead.
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:08:54 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_citizen

Cheesy
biaka

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:57:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTrL6WfblKk
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 12:00:27 AM

Today I learned there are stateless people. Crazy!

No taxes = good
No council to take care of roads, no healthcare & no passports = bad

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:22:19 PM

I dont believe there is anyone in the world who is "stateless" every inch of the planet is claimed by somebody

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gogulski

Signature space available for rent.
killcat

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:44:59 PM

No nationality = 0% freedom
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

we only can pray for them

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:18:04 PM

Here are some stateless children enjoying their freedom. The freedom to make bricks.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:27:50 PM

Here are some stateless children enjoying their freedom. The freedom to make bricks.

Do you know where the picture are take from?

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:35:01 PM

Stateless =

no passports, so no travel
no identity, so not recognised
not recognised, so no healthcare, no jobs, no social welfare, nothing

100% freedom ... yup  Roll Eyes

you dont need a passport to travel. you can travel to many places with a sail boat and no passport i suspect.

identity doesn't come from the state.... your parents give you that and later you can chose to change it to something else if you wish, your identity is just what you chose to call yourself everyone has one of those.

certainly there is no reason to expect that you couldn't get health care. there are doubtless many hospitals all over the world that would look the other way for cash up front.

not everyone needs social welfare....

Also before you say that i said something that i didn't say, refuting your arguments against it is no proof that it would work well only that you haven't proven that it wouldn't.

and lastly you would clearly need to be atleast middle class. while it may or may not be the case that wealthy people would experience greater levels of freedom as soverieigns, its clear that poor people would experience less.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:36:15 PM

Stateless does not mean that you have no healthcare and insurance. In Europe at least. You can declare yourself stateless and still have those, simply because those are contracts you make, not government benefits...
Also, you can travel. There are special papers called Travel Documents for Stateless Persons.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staatenlose   google translate it if you want.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:38:49 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gogulski

it says on the wiki the he is a bitcoin talk member. ne idea what his handle is?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: