Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitworks 8 GPU 4U rack mount mining rig - 235Mh/s ETH  (Read 32624 times)
baddecisions

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:07:41 AM

What GPUs are in these?

RX 570s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vytorin

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

harkifier guy sounds like is Brian Raymond to me. I order over 50x servers from Brian in April, since now I have yet receive any of my server yet. I sent the payment to him already.

1) Once I sent him the payment, his response was dropped to ZERO for two weeks, he promised me to ship within ONE week after received the payment.
2) I tried to call him after two weeks, he said his family have issue and lost contacts for two weeks, he promised it will ship out 2 days later.( tried to call him 5-6 times a day until he pickup)
3) I tried to call him 4 days later, he said some one went back to China and bought 750 ASIC chip( pretty retarded to say ASIC chip, everyone know is MSI RX 470 4GB Samsung/Hynic memory with upgraded timing) He said it will ship out for another 7 days. I sent him an email to confirm it will ship out in 7 days
4) 7 days later called him again(You have to try at least 5-10 times a day, lucky enough he will answer your phone call!!) This time he said the motherboard have issue, he have to eat the cost of over 150x motherboard and get them replaced. It will ship out by early next week.
5) I was naive and believe again, later he sent out an email to me saying the shipment resumed. I tried to call him 3 days later after the shipment resume email. He promised me to ship out on Friday but now postponed to next week...

Everyone know right now is Ethereum gold rush, why you think he will ship out the shipment when you can't buy ANY GPU RX470, 480 570 580, EVGA G2 1300 power supply and motherboard? He will keep  your money and secure the GPUs for mining for his own and keep mining until you asked for a full refund... Once the GPU stock are free, maybe he will ship you a system. I don't think he will ship anything in the next 3-6 month. At lease the ethereum gold rush is over!!!

Here is his phone number below. don't waste your time hoping he will ship it out anytime soon.  Get your money back and hope to do something else.

Bitworks LLC
Phone: (757) 358-0505 (HIS CELL PHONE)
Phone: (757) 504-2947 (HIS GOOGLE VOICE)
Brian Raymond Brian Raymond
Chief Executive Officer

Bitworks LLC

Registered Agent/Registered Office
BRIAN RAYMOND
608 WEST RIVERVIEW ROAD
SUFFOLK VA 23434
SUFFOLK CITY 220
Effective Date: 8/28/2014
insaniak

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:08:20 AM

How hot do these get in the inside? Id imagine pretty hot it outside in the garage?
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:18:47 PM

harkifier guy sounds like is Brian Raymond to me. I order over 50x servers from Brian in April, since now I have yet receive any of my server yet. I sent the payment to him already.

1) Once I sent him the payment, his response was dropped to ZERO for two weeks, he promised me to ship within ONE week after received the payment.
2) I tried to call him after two weeks, he said his family have issue and lost contacts for two weeks, he promised it will ship out 2 days later.( tried to call him 5-6 times a day until he pickup)
3) I tried to call him 4 days later, he said some one went back to China and bought 750 ASIC chip( pretty retarded to say ASIC chip, everyone know is MSI RX 470 4GB Samsung/Hynic memory with upgraded timing) He said it will ship out for another 7 days. I sent him an email to confirm it will ship out in 7 days
4) 7 days later called him again(You have to try at least 5-10 times a day, lucky enough he will answer your phone call!!) This time he said the motherboard have issue, he have to eat the cost of over 150x motherboard and get them replaced. It will ship out by early next week.
5) I was naive and believe again, later he sent out an email to me saying the shipment resumed. I tried to call him 3 days later after the shipment resume email. He promised me to ship out on Friday but now postponed to next week...

Everyone know right now is Ethereum gold rush, why you think he will ship out the shipment when you can't buy ANY GPU RX470, 480 570 580, EVGA G2 1300 power supply and motherboard? He will keep  your money and secure the GPUs for mining for his own and keep mining until you asked for a full refund... Once the GPU stock are free, maybe he will ship you a system. I don't think he will ship anything in the next 3-6 month. At lease the ethereum gold rush is over!!!

Here is his phone number below. don't waste your time hoping he will ship it out anytime soon.  Get your money back and hope to do something else.

This is so unfortunate to hear.

Either this guy truly fell on some bad times / bad luck or something else is going on. Regardless of the reason, these stories are starting to become more prevalent and the lack of activity here from the business owner is very concerning.

Your point about the gold rush is valid, I'd hate to think this business is mining for extended periods with hardware paid for with other peoples money as part of "testing" similar to what we saw Bitmain do with the initial L3+ launch.

It looks like he registered the business to his home too, which makes this information being public all that much worse of a situation IMO.

Hope this business can get this resolved for everyone involved, I really hate to see this kind of thing happen.

Harkifier does have a point though. I've been waiting for a month now on an RMA GTX 1070 from Amazon.com, no one has them anywhere in USA except for an Ebay seller who is charging double for them right now. It's much worse for AMD Cards. I've called Amazon and they basically told me they can refund me or I can wait. I bought the card when it was on sale and because of demand the price has gone up near $100.

IMO this business needs to either refund those orders that can't be fulfilled inside of 4 weeks from order date and/or offer alternatives such as an nvidia based rig at a higher cost instead of AMD to those that have already placed orders.
padrino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:03:58 PM

It's been some time since I have been on the forum, been busy working things, it's the crypto space so I will never convince some people we are not sitting on systems, don't care to get into that fight as it's a lose-lose regardless..

I however have no outstanding orders for 50x systems that were paid for in April, we do have a handful of large pending orders from customers in May/June however I know who each one is and have talked with all of them this week... If you are one of the people that ordered and paid for a single system with the promise of buying more once it's delivered, then you are in the same boat as others, would however like to know the order number since you sound like Melvin from the writing, but those 2 systems were delivered last week...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:24:23 PM

Its because literally zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks. Even companies like newegg and amazon are not getting them. Best guess has it being another 2-4 weeks out before orders start arriving.

Please don't make excuses for this guy when you don't know what you're talking about.

I placed my order much earlier than 2 weeks ago. GPUs were still readily available then and I am *seriously* regretting trusting this vendor rather than just buying them myself.

Furthermore he's sent out two emails since regarding the shipping delay and blamed it on issues with system stability NOT on issues procuring the GPUs. Which is a load of horseshit of course. At this point I'd be happy if he would would just send me the damn GPUs.

It's blatantly obvious he's decided it makes more sense for him to hold the units people paid for and mine with them himself now that the GPU supply has dried up. Or that's sure how it seems from where I'm sitting. I would LOVE to be wrong. Has anyone received an order from bitworks in the past month and a half?

zero video cards have arrived in the USA in the last 2 weeks.

And this is false anyway, I know a local computer store that restocked last week.

Catching up on the forum posts.. Again there is no point on trying to convince people we are not mining for ourselves, there have been a number of customers receiving systems, some on the forums and some not,  I had a couple of customers let me know whats happening on the thread and suggested I take some time to get on the forum...

Sent an email update yesterday to all buyers with pending orders, so they have the details and options... I had a number of people ask for barebones systems so they are available immediately for anyone with a pending order that wants one or more, in lieu of waiting on GPUs, which is the critically important, missing piece... Outside of that a refund is always available...

It's a bad situation all around with very limited numbers of GPUs coming into the US, initially hoped we would be somewhat insulated from it since we order direct from manufacturers, but even they are being starved with millions of ASICs on back order from AMD between Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor, etc..

Cards are coming but they are trickling in, AMD forces some into the retail channels occasionally so it's not completely starved but it's an average of 100 at a time, and very scattered so GPUs will show in small numbers occasionally but if they do they disappear quick... We order in volume and although we will take less the large orders are being cancelled, held, or otherwise not fulfilled with a massive backlog of orders at this point... So we are still receiving GPUs at a slow pace and delivering some orders, but it is much slower than anyone wants.

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

Catching up on the forum posts.. Again there is no point on trying to convince people we are not mining for ourselves, there have been a number of customers receiving systems, some on the forums and some not,  I had a couple of customers let me know whats happening on the thread and suggested I take some time to get on the forum...

Sent an email update yesterday to all buyers with pending orders, so they have the details and options... I had a number of people ask for barebones systems so they are available immediately for anyone with a pending order that wants one or more, in lieu of waiting on GPUs, which is the critically important, missing piece... Outside of that a refund is always available...

It's a bad situation all around with very limited numbers of GPUs coming into the US, initially hoped we would be somewhat insulated from it since we order direct from manufacturers, but even they are being starved with millions of ASICs on back order from AMD between Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor, etc..

Cards are coming but they are trickling in, AMD forces some into the retail channels occasionally so it's not completely starved but it's an average of 100 at a time, and very scattered so GPUs will show in small numbers occasionally but if they do they disappear quick... We order in volume and although we will take less the large orders are being cancelled, held, or otherwise not fulfilled with a massive backlog of orders at this point... So we are still receiving GPUs at a slow pace and delivering some orders, but it is much slower than anyone wants.

That's good to hear you are offering barebone systems as alternative solutions -- is this a regular offering or something that you're doing because of this special case? I just built another rig myself and have parts coming for another behind it but it would be good to know if this is static offering for future rigs I build.

I know there is a lot of flak in this thread right now but it's good to hear that you're working towards the solution - thanks for the update.
wtfonly16

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:31:05 PM

i need barebone system link 500usd or be delt with.

u choose.

ye i aint bares
padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 06:38:33 PM

Catching up on the forum posts.. Again there is no point on trying to convince people we are not mining for ourselves, there have been a number of customers receiving systems, some on the forums and some not,  I had a couple of customers let me know whats happening on the thread and suggested I take some time to get on the forum...

That's good to hear you are offering barebone systems as alternative solutions -- is this a regular offering or something that you're doing because of this special case? I just built another rig myself and have parts coming for another behind it but it would be good to know if this is static offering for future rigs I build.

I know there is a lot of flak in this thread right now but it's good to hear that you're working towards the solution - thanks for the update.

It's something being done specific for any existing customer with a pending order, driven by the handful that asked... It's not something we intend to normally offer.. Put 100 in stock for the set of customers this impacts...

burjoes

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:06:28 AM

Just curious what you think about orders from retail places that say 15 day back order. I ordered 8 x RX580's from a place that shows a backorder list of hundreds with details about when they expect each batch in. I went ahead and ordered the rest of the gear, but perhaps should have waited until the back order was closer, since I might blow past my 30 day return policy before the cards get in.

Like everyone, I'm eager to start mining, and wondering if people ordering from places that are ordering themselves on demand are actually getting their cards.
wtfonly16

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:07:03 PM

mining is going to be dead soon, if u cant get a rig up by the beginning of next month dont bother.

ye i aint bares
padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

Just curious what you think about orders from retail places that say 15 day back order. I ordered 8 x RX580's from a place that shows a backorder list of hundreds with details about when they expect each batch in. I went ahead and ordered the rest of the gear, but perhaps should have waited until the back order was closer, since I might blow past my 30 day return policy before the cards get in.

Like everyone, I'm eager to start mining, and wondering if people ordering from places that are ordering themselves on demand are actually getting their cards.

Supply constraints aside, 2-3 weeks is the normal answer so I fear they just were providing that, I saw the same from someone I know last week who ordered from an online seller, when asked to confirm, it was changed to 30-60 days with no guarantees... With that said 580s are out as a side effect of 570s being out, not because they were the primary focus so it's possible they will surface a bit quicker..

pvanni

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:31:14 AM

I bought two "FUEL 4U Rack Mount 8 GPU Server" from BitWorks, and I paid it all with transfer wise on April 27th.

Brian Raymond the owner of BitWorks, has confirmed the receipt of the payment, but from April 27 (nearly a month ago) I have not received anything yet.

I'm sending two emails per week asking for information but many times he does not answer.

On May 17 he gave me a tracking code of DHL, but to date, the parcel has not yet been picked up.

I've spent $ 8,327 in this order: $ 6,800 for the two miners, and $ 1,527 for shipment (I did not ask for discounts).

For now I would not recommend Bitworks, it's been almost a month and I have not received anything yet.

If I will receive the miners, I'll write it here.

I am happy to say that I received the miners from BitWorks.

I got them a few days ago, but I waited to give a review to see if they are fully functional.

After a small initial error in which some internal cables were disconnected, now it's all fixed, and it works perfectly. (The miner is very stable).

I think Bitworks has a nice product, but can improve what is around it (customer service, speed ...)

Anyway, I am quite satisfied.

gpsdnet

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:32:09 AM

Wanting to get into Crypto Mining.

Saw this post, interesting ?

Have many queries ... not sure, if anyone would care answering or helping me out ?

- Which coins should one mine ?
- Should one build a rig / miner on his own, or get one custom made, or get one of the ready to use miners like Antminer ?
- Should one host the rig / miner at one's own place, or in a colocation facility ?
- If a colocation, should one look for a colocation around where one is, or any specific country ?

wtfonly16

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:35:10 AM

Wanting to get into Crypto Mining.

Saw this post, interesting ?

Have many queries ... not sure, if anyone would care answering or helping me out ?

- Which coins should one mine ?
- Should one build a rig / miner on his own, or get one custom made, or get one of the ready to use miners like Antminer ?
- Should one host the rig / miner at one's own place, or in a colocation facility ?
- If a colocation, should one look for a colocation around where one is, or any specific country ?

if your doing colo make sure it near you, most datacenter not accept custom machine like this without custom cabinet. you need be there in person to explain the machines innards to their technicians for their own safety. also only do colo if high density machine, 8+ gpu rigs to combat the hosting cost.

ye i aint bares
gpsdnet

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:43:44 AM

I found that one can also do Cloud Mining, which seems another great option, thoughts ?

Also, I see that some companies offer Hosted servers, where the provide the server, and we just pay a monthly fee. Seems great.

So, what is the best option ??
CptNut

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

I am happy to say that I received the miners from BitWorks.

I got them a few days ago, but I waited to give a review to see if they are fully functional.

After a small initial error in which some internal cables were disconnected, now it's all fixed, and it works perfectly. (The miner is very stable).

I think Bitworks has a nice product, but can improve what is around it (customer service, speed ...)

Anyway, I am quite satisfied.
Thanks for posting. I purchased a single miner on May 14 and I'm still waiting to receive a shipping notification. Thanks to your post I at least feel better that I didn't get scammed. 

The last email update I received was on June 14 stating that orders up to approximately May 15 would be would be fulfilled with their June batch of GPU's. Would be nice to get another email update. I've given up trying to send direct emails since they are probably getting flooded by other customers wanting an update. The two emails I sent back in May and June never received a response.

I'm curious if anyone else who placed an order in May has received their rig or even a shipping notice?
Joshflitlab

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:46:19 PM

I purchased a single rig back on May 18th.

I purchased the rig because the website said "in stock." After a few days of no activity, I contacted Bitworks and I was told orders would be 3 weeks out. Ouch. I decided to deal with the bad news and continue to wait. 3 weeks past and still nothing. Bitworks has sent out a couple of bulletins on pending orders and has also stated there is a communication problem. Obviously GPU shortage is one of the issues but Bitworks also had some alleged motherboard issues as well.

Since my order I moved from the original address and had to send numerous messages to get my address updated. When it was confirmed Bitworks would update it, I noticed it was still not updated in their system and has not been to date.

The communication has been extremely poor. This is a major downfall of Bitworks. Regardless of the circumstances, if a website says something is in stock, then I would expect some inventory ready to ship. I put a lot of money on the line to purchase the machine. Overall the customer service is terrible and there is not a product out there that can offset that.

In light of the terrible communication and lack of updates on progress. I opted for a refund. The refund amount shown was also incorrect (it did not include the $90 priority shipping I prepaid for). I have since escalated on PayPal, because again, no response.

I was lucky to purchase some cards the same time I purchased this miner and it forced me to learn to build my own. It's a shame for anyone else who might have been relying on this miner. I wanted to share my experience as a first time miner. Hope Bitworks can turn things around but I will not do business with them ever again.

CptNut

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:30:20 PM

In light of the terrible communication and lack of updates on progress. I opted for a refund. The refund amount shown was also incorrect (it did not include the $90 priority shipping I prepaid for). I have since escalated on PayPal, because again, no response.

Have you had any luck since escalating with PayPal?

I'm still waiting to receive any kind of communication concerning further delays or the status of outstanding orders.   Undecided
Joshflitlab

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:52:05 PM

Have you had any luck since escalating with PayPal?

I'm still waiting to receive any kind of communication concerning further delays or the status of outstanding orders.   Undecided

Hi, yes I have since received a full refund
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: