Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitworks 8 GPU 4U rack mount mining rig - 235Mh/s ETH  (Read 32624 times)
padrino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

How does this work?
$3500 miner... calculator tell's me $1800 profit in a year if everything stays even... Who would possibly buy this? Sad

Obviously it depends on the situation, your power being a big play above and beyond cost.. with that said most buyers buy at least a handful at once, bringing the cost per unit down a few hundred.. Largest buyers have 100+ units each and keep adding to their holdings, obviously volume pricing much better...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Yorkshire Pudd

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

Hi all, 

I just stumbed upon this product and I think it looks very interesting boasting some impressive hash rates. 

If we compare to another mining rig that has 4 x rx480s
http://r.ebay.com/cIARri
Pretend we bought 2 of those rigs (so 8 gpus total) doing just under 100 mh/s a rig each on eth then this Bitworks machine still out performs those 2 rigs by 15% with 230 mh/s on eth. 

I am new in the gpu market and wonder if this is achieved with a different gpu or if over clocking?  If overclocked what effect does that have on the power usage especially as the psu has 8 cards to power...
Do the fans on the cards have to be turned down to ensure everything runs smoothly?   
My main concern is the longevity of the machine if power is being taken away from cooling especially looking at how close those cards are compared to other rigs.  Also due to heat rising would it be wiser to put these units horizontal rather than vertical?

I am not trying to slate the product, in fact I hope the questions get answers to show me this isn't a "too good to be true" product because I am a buyer in the market looking to invest and I just don't want to get my hands burned on a product that may die after 6-12 months due to poor cooling / overheating cards. 
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:52:49 PM

Hi all, 

I just stumbed upon this product and I think it looks very interesting boasting some impressive hash rates. 

Pretend we bought 2 of those rigs (so 8 gpus total) doing just under 100 mh/s a rig each on eth then this Bitworks machine still out performs those 2 rigs by 15% with 230 mh/s on eth. 

I am new in the gpu market and wonder if this is achieved with a different gpu or if over clocking?  If overclocked what effect does that have on the power usage especially as the psu has 8 cards to power...
Do the fans on the cards have to be turned down to ensure everything runs smoothly?   
My main concern is the longevity of the machine if power is being taken away from cooling especially looking at how close those cards are compared to other rigs.  Also due to heat rising would it be wiser to put these units horizontal rather than vertical?

I am not trying to slate the product, in fact I hope the questions get answers to show me this isn't a "too good to be true" product because I am a buyer in the market looking to invest and I just don't want to get my hands burned on a product that may die after 6-12 months due to poor cooling / overheating cards. 

I own over 100 of these units, and can attest that heat is no issue whatsoever. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
drrobert

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:21:33 AM

About gpu temperatures? 8 gpus in same case so close, i would like to know if they can be so freesh compared with 7 gpu case.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:51:46 PM

Hi all, 

Under-volt, overclock, custom BIOS and components. You can't compare a stock rig from eBay with something purpose built and tweaked by someone who knows what they are doing and uses the same components for 100s of rigs.

singlemode

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:26:07 AM

Hello board members,

Does anyone have any problem contacting bitworks owner after payment was sent to bitworks?

maxieboy97

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:18:34 PM

When did you order your units?
pvanni

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:10:55 PM

Hello board members,

Does anyone have any problem contacting bitworks owner after payment was sent to bitworks?

I bought two "FUEL 4U Rack Mount 8 GPU Server" from BitWorks, and I paid it all with transfer wise on April 27th.

Brian Raymond the owner of BitWorks, has confirmed the receipt of the payment, but from April 27 (nearly a month ago) I have not received anything yet.

I'm sending two emails per week asking for information but many times he does not answer.

On May 17 he gave me a tracking code of DHL, but to date, the parcel has not yet been picked up.

I've spent $ 8,327 in this order: $ 6,800 for the two miners, and $ 1,527 for shipment (I did not ask for discounts).

For now I would not recommend Bitworks, it's been almost a month and I have not received anything yet.

If I will receive the miners, I'll write it here.
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:48:28 PM

Hello board members,

I bought two "FUEL 4U Rack Mount 8 GPU Server" from BitWorks, and I paid it all with transfer wise on April 27th.

Brian Raymond the owner of BitWorks, has confirmed the receipt of the payment, but from April 27 (nearly a month ago) I have not received anything yet.

I'm sending two emails per week asking for information but many times he does not answer.

On May 17 he gave me a tracking code of DHL, but to date, the parcel has not yet been picked up.

I've spent $ 8,327 in this order: $ 6,800 for the two miners, and $ 1,527 for shipment (I did not ask for discounts).

For now I would not recommend Bitworks, it's been almost a month and I have not received anything yet.

Please keep us updated on this situation
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:51:37 PM

Hello board members,

Curious.

OP says to reach out to confirm lead time because of large pending orders. Was this done and did he provide a lead time prior to or after your order was placed? Was the deadline, if any, exceeded?

TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:16:51 AM

I have the same motherboard, MSI Z97 Gaming 5.

Mind if I ask how you got 8 GPUs to work on a 7 PCI slot motherboard?

Thanks!

I would think with something like this from the original manufacturer:

http://www.miningrigs.net/?product=pci-e-port-multiplier

I've tried that multiplier, doesn't work. I plugged 6 GPUs and 1 multiplier.
The multiplier wouldn't recognize more that 1 GPU.

If I plug in 5 GPUs, the multiplier will recognize 2 GPUs.

No matter what I tried, total GPUs is still 7.

Maybe the OP has some special software.

Or he is just using an M2 to pcie adapter.

maybe? lol
maybe the OP can state , instead of speculation?

Away with family for Thanksgiving so I am not watching the forums as close as usual.. It's a combination of hardware, firmware, and software mods to make it all work... Took quite a bit of time to figure it all out and code up what was needed, that is part of the value proposition for the systems.

Most likely using a M.2 to PCI-e adapter.
I checked, the MSI Gaming 5 motherboard's M.2 slot shares bandwidth between the SATA 5 & 6 slots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182NRGYO/

Bought one off amazon, I'll let ya'll know if it works.

Did your M.2 adapter do the trick?
pvanni

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:03:49 AM

Sure, as soon as the miners is delivered to me, I'll write it here.

Hello board members,

Curious.

OP says to reach out to confirm lead time because of large pending orders. Was this done and did he provide a lead time prior to or after your order was placed? Was the deadline, if any, exceeded?

Well, I do not think (and I hope) that BitWorks is a scam, but I do not think they have great customer service.

On May 1st sent me an email saying it will start working on miners in the coming days.

To date it has not yet been shipped, I would have preferred to know in advance that it would take so long to receive the miners.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 12:57:08 PM

Any update from users who are using this? how is it?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:37:35 PM

I have done business with Brian for years.  He makes a great product, but can be slow to respond at times. 

Speaking from experience, he is most definitely not a scammer.  My hunch is that he has MUCH more demand than he can handle at the moment, and therefor communications suffers. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:30:53 PM

Sure, as soon as the miners is delivered to me, I'll write it here.

Hello board members,

Curious.

Well, I do not think (and I hope) that BitWorks is a scam, but I do not think they have great customer service.

On May 1st sent me an email saying it will start working on miners in the coming days.

To date it has not yet been shipped, I would have preferred to know in advance that it would take so long to receive the miners.

Where you given a timeframe when you purchased the miners?  Or was there a purchase agreement of any kind, terms and conditions?
pvanni

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:42:48 PM

I have done business with Brian for years.  He makes a great product, but can be slow to respond at times. 

Speaking from experience, he is most definitely not a scammer.  My hunch is that he has MUCH more demand than he can handle at the moment, and therefor communications suffers. 

Yes yochdog, I think the same, I have not tried them yet, but seems that Brian sells great miners. Especially since they are plug and play.

The only problem is the time it takes to get miners.

Where you given a timeframe when you purchased the miners?  Or was there a purchase agreement of any kind, terms and conditions?

Well, when I made the payment I asked how long it took for shipping, and just did not answer me.

Maybe it was my mistake not exactly set the terms of shipment.
But it is not a question of nuclear engineering, it is a simple gpu miner (And I only bought two units).

Anyway, if I have news, and when I get the miners I'll write it here.

EvilC0P

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:06:29 PM

just want to mention, that if he uses rx570/580, then there may be delay because companies can't supply enough of those cards yet.

i'm from canada and i have 2 rx570 BO from exactly a month now, and i would love to order 12 more right away but no one has in stock.
they all say; place your orders and we will ship asap. but why would i do that and start paying interest on my CC...
anyway, just a minor detail i think that could be causing the delay.
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:43:30 PM

I have done business with Brian for years.  He makes a great product, but can be slow to respond at times.  

Speaking from experience, he is most definitely not a scammer.  My hunch is that he has MUCH more demand than he can handle at the moment, and therefor communications suffers.  

Yes yochdog, I think the same, I have not tried them yet, but seems that Brian sells great miners. Especially since they are plug and play.

Where you given a timeframe when you purchased the miners?  Or was there a purchase agreement of any kind, terms and conditions?

Well, when I made the payment I asked how long it took for shipping, and just did not answer me.

But it is not a question of nuclear engineering, it is a simple gpu miner (And I only bought two units).

Personally I don't think companies should be selling pre-order miners at all; it is easy to only sell items you have in hand already.  

So long as people are willing to continue to pre-order miners; this will probably continue.  

Thanks for making members aware of the pre-order situation here pvanni.  

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:00:39 PM

I have done business with Brian for years.  He makes a great product, but can be slow to respond at times.  

Speaking from experience, he is most definitely not a scammer.  My hunch is that he has MUCH more demand than he can handle at the moment, and therefor communications suffers.  

Where you given a timeframe when you purchased the miners?  Or was there a purchase agreement of any kind, terms and conditions?

Personally I don't think companies should be selling pre-order miners at all; it is easy to only sell items you have in hand already.  

So long as people are willing to continue to pre-order miners; this will probably continue.  

So far the only situation I see here is an opportunity for better communication. Based upon OP it sounds like he's just running behind on fulfilling orders.

In regards to pre-ordering, it happens every day when you order a pizza, a car, or anything else that requires custom assembly. You pay in advance and wait for it to be assembled/delivered based upon an expected "reasonable" timeframe. When that timeframe isn't met and no communication is made, there is clearly a communication opportunity but it doesn't immediately indicate a situation of a scam or otherwise.

Many small businesses can't create/build, inventory, and store every product they make waiting around for someone out there to buy it.

As a small business owner myself, I can tell you its a struggle dealing with every little detail. I spend more time dealing with the "crap to run the business" than I do actually "doing business" which sometimes leads to my response times not being as optimal as I would intend or like them to be.
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:36:54 PM

So far the only situation I see here is an opportunity for better communication. Based upon OP it sounds like he's just running behind on fulfilling orders.

In regards to pre-ordering, it happens every day when you order a pizza, a car, or anything else that requires custom assembly. You pay in advance and wait for it to be assembled/delivered based upon an expected "reasonable" timeframe. When that timeframe isn't met and no communication is made, there is clearly a communication opportunity but it doesn't immediately indicate a situation of a scam or otherwise.

Many small businesses can't create/build, inventory, and store every product they make waiting around for someone out there to buy it.

As a small business owner myself, I can tell you its a struggle dealing with every little detail. I spend more time dealing with the "crap to run the business" than I do actually "doing business" which sometimes leads to my response times not being as optimal as I would intend or like them to be.

I never said this was a scam; clearly if pvanni was never given a time frame, purchase agreement of any kind, or terms and conditions: the miners cannot ever be considered late on delivery.  

Not providing clearly defined expectations for customers is one problem.  Communication as you have said; is also lacking here.

In regards to justifying pre-orders for miners; We aren't talking about a pizza that will: go bad.  These are miners; if anything they would only benefit the company: to have (mining) while waiting to be sold.  Only a fool would want a miner that hasn't been burned in anyway.  

It would be one thing if the company was receiving more orders than it could fulfill, and told customers they have a backlog and cannot guarantee a delivery time; that is not what happened here.  

At a minimum, a company should be telling customers when they do not have items in hand.  To propose otherwise is absurd.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: