Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitworks 8 GPU 4U rack mount mining rig - 235Mh/s ETH  (Read 32623 times)
padrino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 01:43:49 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 03:50:49 AM by padrino

Updated with current specs, always pushing the limits like most of us... I've been manufacturing an 8 GPU rig for a few months now, as a follow-on to 4 and 6 GPU open frame rigs I've been making for a few years... Initially this unit used Radeon 380s and now Radeon 470/480s. Some may have seen it listed on ebay, I sell some there but it's primarily for the exposure, most units are sold direct to large farm operators who are running 50+ units at a time.

I do sell to individual miners as well and have been doing that for some time, posting this to share some details on the system and make it available via the forums.

The units run a fully custom Linux load, or a customized version of ethOS depending on the end users coin, they can mine most anything as with any GPU rig, given how many GPUs are in the system I sometimes need to customize the miner or it's launcher so it runs properly. Web based configuration provided, no need to SSH into the system to change wallet/pool, or other common settings. Most miners are shipped pre-configured at the request of the customer so they are plug and play.

Prices start at $3600 USD + shipping for single systems and go down under $3,000 as the quantity goes up. Payment via cashiers check, wire transfer, BTC, ETH, Credit Card via Paypal (verified billing/shipping address) all supported.

Systems are manufactured and shipped from the east coast of the US, worldwide shipping available. Turn around time before shipping averages 5 business days, however, a number of large orders have been recently placed so please reach out to confirm lead time.

ETH: 235Mh/s ~1160W, ~1260W when dual mining
ZEC: 2100H/s ~1160W
XMR: 6400H/s ~950W

These shots are from my 380 unit, 470 unit almost identical minus change in cards, use of EVGA G2 1300, and some strengthening of the chassis in my latest model revision to better handle shipping...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:06:13 AM

Hi, You say you made this case?

it looks oddly familiar.  How long did it take to paint?  or are you simply reselling them?

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 05:30:57 AM

it looks oddly familiar.  How long did it take to paint?  or are you simply reselling them?

thanks!

Fitting 8 GPU using commodity components in a 4U chassis, of course there are similarities but if you want to get down to it there is a long list of differences.. I am quite aware of Gray Matter,
and they are quite aware of me as well, no ill will on either side, but thanks for asking..

buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:33:19 AM

thanks!

Fitting 8 GPU using commodity components in a 4U chassis, of course there are similarities but if you want to get down to it there is a long list of differences.. I am quite aware of Gray Matter,
and they are quite aware of me as well, no ill will on either side, but thanks for asking..
ok , yea they have an 8 card model as well, just making sure that you note that.

what are your differences if i might ask?

thanks!

boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:33:45 AM

seems new concept, case cloning instead of coin cloning if bucky is right

@padrino
can you reply to buckrogers, are you reselling this case and do you manufacture it by word meaning you have warehouse/storehouse full of them? Can you post a pic and location? You reffer to large farm operators, which, this cant be a secret.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:00:28 AM

Aren't these the Gray Matter cases?
http://www.miningrigs.net/?product=graymatter-gpu-server-case-v2-1

What changes have been made on yours to allow 8 GPUs to fit? You can do that with the Gray Matter cases as well with one shift of the rail.

Just wondering what's different.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:13:20 AM

Can you sell the case itself?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
D8V1D

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:52:51 AM

I have the same motherboard, MSI Z97 Gaming 5.

Mind if I ask how you got 8 GPUs to work on a 7 PCI slot motherboard?

Thanks!
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Thanks!

I would think with something like this from the original manufacturer:

http://www.miningrigs.net/?product=pci-e-port-multiplier

thanks!

D8V1D

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

Thanks!

thanks!

I've tried that multiplier, doesn't work. I plugged 6 GPUs and 1 multiplier.
The multiplier wouldn't recognize more that 1 GPU.

If I plug in 5 GPUs, the multiplier will recognize 2 GPUs.

No matter what I tried, total GPUs is still 7.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:03:16 PM

Thanks!

thanks!

Maybe the OP has some special software.

thanks!

fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:11:54 PM

Thanks!

thanks!

thanks!

Or he is just using an M2 to pcie adapter.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:54:55 PM

Thanks!

thanks!

thanks!

maybe? lol
maybe the OP can state , instead of speculation?

Thanks!

padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 09:22:57 PM

Thanks!

thanks!

thanks!

maybe? lol

Thanks!

Away with family for Thanksgiving so I am not watching the forums as close as usual.. It's a combination of hardware, firmware, and software mods to make it all work... Took quite a bit of time to figure it all out and code up what was needed, that is part of the value proposition for the systems.

padrino (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 09:28:46 PM

thanks!

ok , yea they have an 8 card model as well, just making sure that you note that.

thanks!

Not looking to get into a pissing match over how close or different they are, obviously dumping the same components on the table, and fitting them in a 4U case in the least cost model results in a similar layout, no way around that. This case has a different face plate (laser cut aluminum) to negate the use of fan grills with integrated rack ears, from the pictures different orientation of GPUs, one vs. two PSUs, different overall dimensions, this one is made specific to my hardware configuration and doesn't handle reference GPUs and other longer ones, no bottom plates used.

With respect to the request for pictures, I'm asking a couple of the hosts that handle a bunch to make posts so it's not all coming from me.

OregonMines.com

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

OregonMines Official Account

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 09:55:04 PM

thanks!

thanks!

Not looking to get into a pissing match over how close or different they are, obviously dumping the same components on the table, and fitting them in a 4U case in the least cost model results in a similar layout, no way around that. This case has a different face plate (laser cut aluminum) to negate the use of fan grills with integrated rack ears, from the pictures different orientation of GPUs, one vs. two PSUs, different overall dimensions, this one is made specific to my hardware configuration and doesn't handle reference GPUs and other longer ones, no bottom plates used.

With respect to the request for pictures, I'm asking a couple of the hosts that handle a bunch to make posts so it's not all coming from me.

Oregon Mines hosts loads of the BitFuel 8 GPU machines. If you aren't sure what the difference is between this and the Grey 6 GPU rig , PM us.

We know who makes both machines, we also make machines. We're aware that many people might know how to assemble the 8 GPU parts, but very few have the chops to keep them running. It's not your standard six, and yes, it's far harder than 8, especially while maintaining the integrated HDMI.

We've hosted these since 160 , now they are 230 , and even today we are opening new ones. If you reference this thread for hosting, I'll knock 10% off the list price per unit hosted.

- Happy Holidays from OregonMines

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
D8V1D

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:15:09 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 12:56:30 AM by D8V1D

Thanks!

maybe? lol

Away with family for Thanksgiving so I am not watching the forums as close as usual.. It's a combination of hardware, firmware, and software mods to make it all work... Took quite a bit of time to figure it all out and code up what was needed, that is part of the value proposition for the systems.

Most likely using a M.2 to PCI-e adapter.
I checked, the MSI Gaming 5 motherboard's M.2 slot shares bandwidth between the SATA 5 & 6 slots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182NRGYO/

Bought one off amazon, I'll let ya'll know if it works.
D8V1D

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:48:38 AM

Look what I found. 8 GPU secret revealed! Smiley
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 08:39:17 AM

Wow, a lot of unnecessary heat on this thread.  Padrino is a stand up guy and I have done business with him multiple times without issue.  He sells quality goods.  If you want to talk about something worthwild I would suggest something useful and not Padrinos integrity.

I build a ton of rigs and 8 GPU rigs are not the easiest to assemble.  On a side note, I do not use 8 GPU rigs because of PSU limitations and choose 7 GPU rigs instead.  There are a number of advantages to doing 7 GPU rigs that are not available on 8 GPU rigs.

For starters there is the need for extra hardware like adapters on most 8 GPU rigs.  Secondly and more important to me is the power usage of the system.  I am doing 1600h/s mining Zcash at 900 watts and can bump that up to an easy 1750h/s using around 1050 watts.  Now switching to Dual Eth bumps up the wattage considerably and the PSU requirements.  This can be seen in BuckRodgers picture above where he is using god knows how much power to power 6 GPU's.  On my rigs I can easily manage Dual Mining with room to spare using a 1500 watt PSU and it is future proof.  Now if I add in an 8th GPU I am still WAY under the 1500 limit even Dual Mining and could approach 2000+ h/s mining zcash and Dual mining but it takes away my ability to possibly mine other coins that require large amounts of power.  I prefer to play it safe and stay with 1500 watt units and 7 GPU's and leave a 20% buffer on my PSU's.

The kicker is I write all my ROMS and unless you are good at writing ROM's then 8 large GPU's is not saving any cash because most people would need 2 PSU's unless they have custom ROM's.  I do not doubt that Padrino has that capability as it is obvious from using a small PSU on 8 380's that would not normally be using  1500 watts on stock settings.

Lastly-- the number of GPU's per rig is not as important as the $/hash or the hash/watt.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:15:44 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 04:11:25 PM by fullzero

Lastly-- the number of GPU's per rig is not as important as the $/hash or the hash/watt.

I agree.  Ultimately it comes down to $/hash.  hash/watt is really only a subset of $/hash used to determine the electric cost of the rig.  

However, one of the best threads in this forum is the 'Pictures of your mining rigs!' thread.  Part of GPU mining has always been; making cool looking rigs.

IMO these Bitworks rigs are the nicest looking 4U style miners.  The hash wall at OregonMines is awesome.  Grin

The first time I saw a picture of one of these, I thought:  Battlecruiser Operational
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: