Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:19:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit your cryptocrastinating and get on board already!  (Read 1879 times)
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

Reading various forums etc. over the last few days to get up to speed, over and over again I keep finding comments like this one today. I won't link to the source to save his blushes, but if you've been around a while you've probably seen many like it.

Im not scared, Im waiting to buy the coming dip around 30-50$ since I believe in BitCoin for the long term.

They're generally from BTC believers who think it will take off, but are just waiting for that big dip just round the corner.

Some of these comments are from when BTC were a few cents each.

Don't be that guy.

mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:05:55 PM

xactly !

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

mai77

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

to all ye of small faith !!!!!  BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
Ls777

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:38:34 PM

Id like to get in, but I cant afford to invest anything at the moment
getting in ASAP tho, thats for sure
mai77

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:42:24 PM

fine with me dude  Lips sealed
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:16:24 PM

Not even 1 bitcoin?

There will always be more reasons to cryptocrastinate. Dive in now, even if it's only 1BTC to start with.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:23:48 AM

I'm no advisor, but, seems like the price stability points to people who have been holding coins more or less dormant are starting to sell. Might take a while for things to move up again.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
mai77

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:29:26 AM

just take the leap!

BE A CRYPTO-COINIST!  Grin

DON'T HESITATE !!  BECOME LIKE ME!!  Grin
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:32:45 AM

just take the leap!

BE A CRYPTO-COINIST!  Grin

DON'T HESITATE !!  BECOME LIKE ME!!  Grin

Indeed. Incidentally, how does it feel to be a bitcoin millionaire?  Grin

Ls777

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 03:18:23 AM

Not even 1 bitcoin?

There will always be more reasons to cryptocrastinate. Dive in now, even if it's only 1BTC to start with.

not even 1. Doing artwork for bitcoins in the services section however, hopefully that will land me a few Smiley
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

Not even 1 bitcoin?

not even 1. Doing artwork for bitcoins in the services section however, hopefully that will land me a few Smiley

So instead of begging for free bitcoins how about putting a link to your portfolio in your sig? I mean I would love to buy some art work with bitcoins and I would pay more than 1Ƀ if you match my needs.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Ls777

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:57:01 AM

So instead of begging for free bitcoins how about putting a link to your portfolio in your sig? I mean I would love to buy some art work with bitcoins and I would pay more than 1Ƀ if you match my needs.

D'oh.
Why didn't I think of that!
Here I am letting valuable sig space go to waste...
superdork

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:03:01 AM

Reading various forums etc. over the last few days to get up to speed, over and over again I keep finding comments like this one today. I won't link to the source to save his blushes, but if you've been around a while you've probably seen many like it.

Im not scared, Im waiting to buy the coming dip around 30-50$ since I believe in BitCoin for the long term.

They're generally from BTC believers who think it will take off, but are just waiting for that big dip just round the corner.

Some of these comments are from when BTC were a few cents each.

Don't be that guy.

I'm cost averaging my investments (and putting some into a mining rig).

If it goes up up up, then great! and if it goes down a bit then I'll buy some more because I am confident that it will grow as more people learn about it.

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
SuperZac

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:52:07 AM

I'm doing graphic design work on another site to get cash for a rig! I'm a third of the way there.

Its a bit harder when still in high school, but I'm confident.
NedKLee

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:16:29 PM

Read a book titled " the Richest man in Babylon ( by Richard Clayson), the same lessons still apply and then invest 10% of your earnings in Bitcoin, diligently.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:03:30 PM

I'm not setting up any mining rigs or anything but I certainly want to draw for Bitcoins and such, while I'm progressing there are two things that scare the shit out of me Tongue Billions of people having access to it which makes me turn into this paranoid creature that thinks it's all going to be a disaster and then the fact I'm entering a whole new economy which is also connected to far more people than I can imagine.

Give it time you impatient sods ;_; new things are scary lol by the time I finish my manga Bitcoins might be worth £200 so I'll have to calculate what to charge for it AGAIN! >_< I think this is what a lot of merchants are considering when it comes to this sort of thing.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

I think everybody in BTC "for the long run" is dreaming with that dip that will allow us to buy a lot of "cheap" bitcoins

But this is only daydreaming

I bought my first bitcoins at $10ish, and the feeling was exactly the same: wow, this is expensive, just a few months ago the price was $2

But I decided that a) I was in BTC for the long run and b) that I was going to invest fiat regularly, with every paycheck - beacuse I profoundly believe in BTC

Since then I have bought at $10, $14, $25, $33, $55, $70 and next week I will invest again a not-so-small amount, as soon as my funds get to Gox. The exchange rate may be $200 or higher, but I don't give a shit, even if I can't avoid thinking that just a couple of months ago I would have bought with $500 what now I will buy for $5.000

I bet you are thinking "wow, $10 were CHEAP coins"... But I can guarantee you that they felt as expensive as $200 coins. Just take a look to the posts in "speculations", and you will check that the feeling was the same.

But the truth is that we all know that the potential of BTC is way higher than $1.000 per coin. That's pure math.

My advices:

1) Invest only what you can afford to loose (this is crucial)
2) Get as many BTC as you can and forget about the exchange rate. BTC economy is now super-reactive: get those BTC and invest them wisely in BTC related ventures. The economy is in such growth that a lot of opportunities are awaiting around every corner.

Personally I just think about how to invest my BTC to make them produce more BTC. I'm starting a venture in which I will try to operate with BTC only, in the limits of possible (still majority of providers want fiat). But the truth is that I broke the loop, the exchange rate is not relevant for me anymore. Bitcoins give you freedom, and there's no price for freedom.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 05:15:28 PM

I think everybody in BTC "for the long run" is dreaming with that dip that will allow us to buy a lot of "cheap" bitcoins

But this is only daydreaming

I bought my first bitcoins at $10ish, and the feeling was exactly the same: wow, this is expensive, just a few months ago the price was $2

But I decided that a) I was in BTC for the long run and b) that I was going to invest fiat regularly, with every paycheck - beacuse I profoundly believe in BTC

Since then I have bought at $10, $14, $25, $33, $55, $70 and next week I will invest again a not-so-small amount, as soon as my funds get to Gox. The exchange rate may be $200 or higher, but I don't give a shit, even if I can't avoid thinking that just a couple of months ago I would have bought with $500 what now I will buy for $5.000

I bet you are thinking "wow, $10 were CHEAP coins"... But I can guarantee you that they felt as expensive as $200 coins. Just take a look to the posts in "speculations", and you will check that the feeling was the same.

But the truth is that we all know that the potential of BTC is way higher than $1.000 per coin. That's pure math.

My advices:

1) Invest only what you can afford to loose (this is crucial)
2) Get as many BTC as you can and forget about the exchange rate. BTC economy is now super-reactive: get those BTC and invest them wisely in BTC related ventures. The economy is in such growth that a lot of opportunities are awaiting around every corner.

Personally I just think about how to invest my BTC to make them produce more BTC. I'm starting a venture in which I will try to operate with BTC only, in the limits of possible (still majority of providers want fiat). But the truth is that I broke the loop, the exchange rate is not relevant for me anymore. Bitcoins give you freedom, and there's no price for freedom.

I'm a permabull, too but still for very short term you might want to look at the charts and indicators to safe yourself a lot of money when buying bitcoins (If weekly trade volume increase would fall behind the price increase dramatically, I would take that as an indicator to wait for the crash or even cash out a bit myself depending on the strength of the signal if I find no clear explanation why it was happening) but more importantly be careful with alt coins. litecoin being traded at $4 is just insane. Look at what bitcoin has gone through when bitcoin had reached that level. Sure, Bitcoin also paved the road for all other crypto currencies but you might want to mine such funny coins and sell them for bitcoin or sell stuff - not necessarily your own stuff - for bitcoin. Why not do the intermediary for a friend who sells online and generate some business for him via bitmit? Also why not be a market maker on localbitcoin and charge a fee instead of paying fees on your way through banks and MtGox? On localbitcoins you can be a market maker without anybody knowing your trade volume and without providing papers over papers and you provide peer to peer strength to the bitcoin economy for the day that MtGox goes down.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:19:22 PM

1) Invest only what you can afford to lose (this is crucial)

Should we have that on sticky?  Smiley

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:03:10 PM

i think all the fund manageres who are being dismissive are just pissed off that they didn't see it coming and their investors are pissed off that they are n't as bright as they claim to be. so of course they will be dismissive and say the price is too high.
of course if they were smart-er they would have invested and their investors would be happy and they would talk praise.
all it is is jealously and being dismissive due to having lack of foresight.
yes, i'll say it.. most the money managers aren't the brightest people. they just get lucky to play with other people's money.
i wouldn't hire any of those "analysts" who scream it's a bubble without any actual understanding.

ok
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: