Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imposing tax on bitcoin  (Read 4378 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:26:38 PM

10k dollars in what time frame? if within a year, i think many poor people are there, so they are not forced to declare, otherwise everyone must declare, i would personally do a transaction with anyone but not reveal my identity, so i'm safe in case i'm dealing with an officer
I think he meant in one purchase. Purchases of currency or anything over 10K will trigger all sorts of investigation. If your caught you will wish you had paid. Failure to do so is way more expensive.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 06:47:28 PM

It is totally impossible that they impose a tax on bitcoin as they do not accept bitcoin as a currency for their country and they do not have any control on any wallet or maybe some wallets. They can do if they start accepting it for their country and will start their wallets.
Maybe in some place, but that is not true in the U.S. Diamonds are not currency either. However if you find a diamond you owe taxes on it. Any wealth you gain is taxable in the U.S.

i like to think about bitcoin, like i think about cash that i found on the street, sure they should be declared, but do the IRS will ever know about it? i don't think so, so it's up to me if i'll declare them or not and the trouble that i might get by deciding to not declare them, still if i not use them nothing bad will happen, no one will ever know how many bitcoin you have

It is quite likely that they will eventually find out

I'm not a US citizen so take my words with a grain of salt, but you should be very cautious in respect to whom you transact in cash with (on the other hand, it is readily applicable to anyone anyway). If I'm not mistaken, any deals involving cash in the amounts exceeding 10,000 dollars should be declared to the IRS, regardless of whether you are an individual or a company. You may not know this, so when you buy something, say, a car from somebody with cash for so much, your seller may declare their income, and the IRS might go after you at the end of the day (to inquire about taxes and where you got this money from)

10k dollars in what time frame? if within a year, i think many poor people are there, so they are not forced to declare, otherwise everyone must declare, i would personally do a transaction with anyone but not reveal my identity, so i'm safe in case i'm dealing with an officer

As I got it, there is no time frame altogether (but I can be mistaken), i.e. every deal or transaction in cash equal to or exceeding 10,000 dollars should be declared separately. About a year ago, this question had been discussed in great detail here, and I posted a pdf file from the IRS site with a form which should be filled in such cases and concise explanation how and when exactly it should be filled...

If you are interested, you can easily find this pdf in Google

I think he meant in one purchase. Purchases of currency or anything over 10K will trigger all sorts of investigation. If your caught you will wish you had paid. Failure to do so is way more expensive.

Don't mess with the IRS

Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:58:13 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 07:32:23 PM by Shady

The IRS currently has a capital gains tax on monies made over Bitcoin services. Despite popular belief they make you pay it in USD. The amount of currency value will boost higher without contradiction exactly as any fiat would in most developed countries...

Currencies seem to connect better into circulation plus hold their worth when doing so.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: