Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:49:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat?  (Read 39272 times)
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:50:20 PM

In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

They can surely do that, but on the other hand, I don't think they will do that to replace fiat. I think they will do that because of the fact that they want to also take advantage of the good things, and most importantly, the profit that they can get from the market, having to see how the cryptocurrency market has brought a lot of money to many people, I think that it will surely be a convincing factor for a government to also try their hand in it, since the global popularity of the cryptocurrency market has been increasing in the past several years.
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

The agreed protocols that govern Bitcoin are effectively its monetary policy. In exchange for expending computing power to verify the legitimacy of transactions and record them, Bitcoin “miners” get paid in Bitcoin. These rewards increase the supply of Bitcoin, but the growth of the Bitcoin money supply is constrained by the increasing difficulty of verifying transactions. More and more computing power is needed to verify each transaction and create new Bitcoin. While Fiat money has its own protocols that give rise to a different monetary policy: appoint a bunch of clever people and tell them to stabilise inflation using interest rates and bond-buying.
 In order for cryptocurrencies to be more widely accepted, there are a number of hurdles it need to overcome. One of the major factors that puts many off entering the digital currency market is that cryptocurrencies are not easy to use.
while Handling fiat currencies comes almost as second nature to most people. Whether in paper or in their online banking system. They understand its value, how to trade it for products and services, and how it stacks up against a few other foreign currencies relevant to their lives on the global exchange. Central banks could simply step in and offer their own digital currency, to pre-empt a Bitcoin takeover. There is such a thing already, of course. It’s what happens whenever central banks buy assets by creating bank reserves. It’s all just digital entries on a spreadsheet. Creating central bank “digital currency” simply means offering existing digital account services to a wider group of entities. Just that this will make a lot of people loss their job
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?
The governments are thinking about that strategy and they will start to create when they see the whole world involving in it. It is sure that if the governments will create their own coins then the fiat will be replaced as the governments will prefer their coins for the trade and for the businesses than their fiat which will create a condition which will be in the favor of their cryptocoin.
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:26:10 PM

100 year is such a long period of time. I think government will never replace their fiat currency. Because the fiat currency of a country represent their history. Every currency in the world is very valuable to their people.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

Even it was already taking too long for that 100 years to come and happen from our current time right now, I think the government will not still create their own cryptocurrency because in fact, they are terribly disagree with it because it makes regular fiat or currency comes into a senseless matter and also physical jobs on the other hand because people nowadays are just focusing into this type of currency that is why the total manpower needed by the state or country to become productive in all aspects are lessen that is why there are already countries where cryptocurrency was banned or never come to be legalized.
AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:24:02 AM

They most certainly can but it is equally highly unlikely to happen. Every government had already their own established fiat currency that they fully controls. They will never ever create a thing that will not serve a purpose to them.
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:45:30 AM

They most certainly can but it is equally highly unlikely to happen. Every government had already their own established fiat currency that they fully controls. They will never ever create a thing that will not serve a purpose to them.

Very unlikely to happen indeed. Why would they jeopardize the well beloved fiat that they continue to print year-to-year? Plus for fiat, they have total control of it and even can de monetized it just like in the case of the Indian government.

Not just serve no purpose but creating their own problems and competitor. However, they can do their own crypto backup, but the thing is, are people going to support it? I doubt that we will because we don't like centralization which is the main point of crypto. Other scenario I'm thinking is that maybe advance government can do cashless society but it doesn't mean as well they are going to eliminate fiat. As much as we hate fiat, there's no way that we can exist without them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:19:07 AM

I yhink they will because that is a requirement in the future because I know that in thr future the world will be all digitally occuring and it is more convenient than fiat because it needs some raw materials that are naturally occurring. While in digital money all you need is technology and electricity and we all know that in the future that is easy have. And when all the people want to use the digital thing of course the government will not allow some decentralized brand to be rge one of course they will make their own that is stable and will represent each country
rejekitiban

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:28:00 AM

I am not sure. The governments will create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat, they can accept the future technology and improve their fiat.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:08:54 AM

I don't know about that. But I'm pretty sure once fiat money is out and crypto currency is reigns all over the world. Governments will make their own coins yoctake advantage of the market. They can back it up with resources, gold and others like money then they have to keep it up so it would still be strong like other coins. That is my opinion though.

Elkafi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:37:40 AM

It is possible, The crypto is the future currency. The governments should accept or they create a new crypto. because No one can refuse technology, we will see.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:39:49 AM

I think that there is a huge chance for government to create their own cryptocurrency since most of the countries has the same problem today and that's the growth of bitcoins in the market which they cannot control.

tdtduy

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:30:58 PM

I do not think so. The government is likely to create digital money based on the Blockchain platform for transaction and circulation in the e-commerce market to keep pace with the technology-related trade trend. But it is unreasonable to replace digital money with traditional money. Cash still has its historical value and its own usage value. So, the government will use these two currencies in parallel.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:41:25 AM

I think that maybe will happen only when all block of btc has been mined, but if government is going to create another cryptocurrency, I don't think that it will be succesful

lastnumber

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

Are not. I do not think so. In the future, it is possible for the government to build its own e-commerce system based on blockchain to modernize its trading system. And the country's electronic money can play a key role in trading activities. Electronic money will partially replace the role of fiat. But the digital money replacement completely fiat is an almost impossible thing. I believe so.
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:59:45 AM

I don't think the government can create their own cryptocurrency to replace fiat because it's a long process to make it happen and people are already familiar using fiat or paper money.

Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

I think maybe that government could create their own cryptocurrency because they have the power to do that. But i think they will never create their own cryptocurrency because governments had already their own established fiat currency that they had fully control. They should accept bitcoin rather than creating their own cryptocurrency.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:26:33 AM

If you will look at the options that currently being considered by the government you'll see that their version of token can't be mined

yafatahu

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:07:22 PM

I am not sure, because many  people donnt know about bitcoin. I think, the goverment will not replace fiat. It is my opinion.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:58:54 AM

Are not. I do not think so. In the future, it is possible for the government to build its own e-commerce system based on blockchain to modernize its trading system. And the country's electronic money can play a key role in trading activities. Electronic money will partially replace the role of fiat. But the digital money replacement completely fiat is an almost impossible thing. I believe so.

The government can easily create their cryptocurrency. But here, in any case, it will not replace fiat. People, especially the older ones, use the traditional money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: