Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 👽 [ANN] Age of Chains: Bitcoin NFT Trading Card Game since 2016 👽  (Read 43634 times)
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:05:53 PM

Since I'm an avid Hearthstone player I'm intrigued to hear that your developer is into the game as well. I guess you don't really have a GUI to show off yet? Not even a placeholder / concept art? I really love the way Blizzard designed the Hearthstone board and cards. I hope that you can take what they did right and create something that is still uniquely your own.

My opinion is that Hearthstone, unlike other digital TCGs, reached such a large success not just because of the existing Warcraft fanbase, but because Blizzard was able to create a "magical" atmosphere, together with great flow and feel to the game play aspects.

Other TCGs have tried, but I feel that games like Magic the gathering, the recently released Eternal, and the Elder Scrolls TCGs all fail to accomplish what Hearthstone did: they feel stiff and boring. Hearthstone is fun and fluid.

I hope you take my words into consideration when designing the game. As an avid TCG player (and investor in the developing decentralized gaming space) I really want to see your game succeed.

Best of luck. And if you have a slack channel I'd love to join. Otherwise I'll keep checking in here from time to time. And I'll buy some Wood cards. Smiley I like to collect things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 05:04:13 PM

What is going on with this project ? I didn't like the lowest price for a card is $10 to buy in. Now you see we have heard nothing from the Dev and where  the cards ? What is going on with this game and how does it even work ? Is there even a game at all ? I want to believe there is more then just some fancy graphics and promises.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
m4nki (OP)

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:11:41 PM

Have you any site?

No site yet - this will come soon in a minimal version as a blog with our first post.

We have to do hardcore task prioritization right now, as there are many things to work on that are more important right now.

Also thank you for your suggestion regarding IOU. Since we are launching our tokens on Counterparty, rather than creating our own blockchain, we do not need such platform. Anyone purchasing cards has immediate access to them.

Since I'm an avid Hearthstone player I'm intrigued to hear that your developer is into the game as well. I guess you don't really have a GUI to show off yet? Not even a placeholder / concept art? I really love the way Blizzard designed the Hearthstone board and cards. I hope that you can take what they did right and create something that is still uniquely your own.

My opinion is that Hearthstone, unlike other digital TCGs, reached such a large success not just because of the existing Warcraft fanbase, but because Blizzard was able to create a "magical" atmosphere, together with great flow and feel to the game play aspects.

Other TCGs have tried, but I feel that games like Magic the gathering, the recently released Eternal, and the Elder Scrolls TCGs all fail to accomplish what Hearthstone did: they feel stiff and boring. Hearthstone is fun and fluid.

I hope you take my words into consideration when designing the game. As an avid TCG player (and investor in the developing decentralized gaming space) I really want to see your game succeed.

Best of luck. And if you have a slack channel I'd love to join. Otherwise I'll keep checking in here from time to time. And I'll buy some Wood cards. Smiley I like to collect things.

Thank you for your kind words, kwest!

Great to see someone with a similar mindset as we have. Smiley Hearthstone certainly has done a great job in delivering a very smooth user experience and makes it easy even for players that are new to the TCG genre to get started and have fun. We are very dedicated towards creating a gaming experience that resembles at least a similar user-friendlyness.

We soon will have a blog post elaborating on the core board rules of the game so you will be able to better grasp that our game will be truly unique.

Creating a Slack channel also is a great idea which we definitely should do soon as the community continues to grow.

Thank you for your support!

What is going on with this project ? I didn't like the lowest price for a card is $10 to buy in. Now you see we have heard nothing from the Dev and where  the cards ? What is going on with this game and how does it even work ? Is there even a game at all ? I want to believe there is more then just some fancy graphics and promises.

Hi!

I am sorry but if you do not find $10 per card reasonable, then this is probably not the right project for you.

Also I do not understand what you are asking in your second question. Are you referring to the ~150 different cards we are planning to have ready for the main release? It takes time. This game is a huge project and we are in the very early development stage of it right now. If you expect a game delivered to your doorsteps tomorrow morning, please move on - then this project again is not for you.

Considering the game mechanics, we will be having a blog post up soon that will elaborate on this.

Stay tuned!

kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:58:23 PM

Proud owner of 7 Guardian cards.  Smiley
Looking forward to building a deck with at least one of them. Make them useful!  Grin
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 02:23:04 AM

Don't get so defensive. I don't expect everything to be done all at once. releasing it slowly is actually better for game balancing since that will have to be something that will need doing fairly often. Also you say that if I don't think $10 is reasonable then I must move on ? Ok well I think $10 per card can add up to alot. the cards go up to $100 even you said yourself MTG black lotus is $30 and you want up to $100.

So no as a TCG/CCG player I don't find $10 starting price reasonable especially since there still is no game. I don't know you all I have is your word. Maybe you are going to make a great game with a profitable and fun way to trade cards but I do not know that and all I was saying is that compared o most projects $10 is a high starting  off place. I wanted you to justify it not tell me to move on.

Why are the cards that price ? The game is played with only a handful of cards ? at $10 that could cost alot and it is $10-$100

All I am doing is weighing our risk to reward. It is not a personal attack on your project. I actually support it since I live TCG/CCG.

Oh and how much will a card pack cost ?

Another reason I say $10 is a lot is because I like to collect things and collecting 100 cards would cost me $1000 and that is a lot.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:28:27 AM

Proud owner of 7 Guardian cards.  Smiley
Looking forward to building a deck with at least one of them. Make them useful!  Grin

Thank you for your support, kwest!

We are definitely seeking to fulfill your desire! Smiley

Don't get so defensive. I don't expect everything to be done all at once. releasing it slowly is actually better for game balancing since that will have to be something that will need doing fairly often. Also you say that if I don't think $10 is reasonable then I must move on ? Ok well I think $10 per card can add up to alot. the cards go up to $100 even you said yourself MTG black lotus is $30 and you want up to $100.

You have got that wrong: A Black Lotus card in MTG is not $30, it is $30.000.

So no as a TCG/CCG player I don't find $10 starting price reasonable especially since there still is no game. I don't know you all I have is your word. Maybe you are going to make a great game with a profitable and fun way to trade cards but I do not know that and all I was saying is that compared o most projects $10 is a high starting  off place. I wanted you to justify it not tell me to move on.

Why are the cards that price ? The game is played with only a handful of cards ? at $10 that could cost alot and it is $10-$100

The reasons for the price are all mentioned in the OP of the thread:

Development Support, Scarcity, Usefulness.

All I am doing is weighing our risk to reward. It is not a personal attack on your project. I actually support it since I live TCG/CCG.

Oh and how much will a card pack cost ?

Another reason I say $10 is a lot is because I like to collect things and collecting 100 cards would cost me $1000 and that is a lot.

Pricing of card packs is a huge topic that requires lots of through-thinking. At this stage it is not possible to give exact numbers.

One way we think of it is offering 1.000.000.000 card packs at a converted rate of around a couple of U.S. Dollars, possibly containing five cards. Chances to obtain a Woodcoin's Guardian by purchasing a card pack then would be 0,00000245% - you see now how rare this card is?

If $10 per card is too expensive for you, simply wait for the card packs to be sold. You will be able to collect more cards for less money, but it will be way more difficult to obtain rare cards that we are handing out right now for direct purchase.

PS: all numbers are still not definite and only shall demonstrate the direction in which it will go.

Coinchange

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:38:15 PM

Are we in tier3 already ?? Or are there still cheap Guardians for 15$:D. Any news ??!

🚀
SHITCOINWHALE

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:47:22 PM

Are we in tier3 already ?? Or are there still cheap Guardians for 15$:D. Any news ??!
After deep inspection of swapbot, blockscan and bitcointalk i'm pretty sure that there are 10 cards left in tier2 for 15$ each.

Good luck on grabbing them as soon as swapbot is refilled.
I'm saturated already... Smiley

SHITCOINWHALE
m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:00:13 PM

After deep inspection of swapbot, blockscan and bitcointalk i'm pretty sure that there are 10 cards left in tier2 for 15$ each.

Good luck on grabbing them as soon as swapbot is refilled.
I'm saturated already... Smiley

SHITCOINWHALE

Great research, 100% correct! Smiley

Just some moments ago, someone requested 5 cards via pm. The other 5 cards are being transferred to the swapbot right now.

After that we will be in Tier 3.

m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:12:49 AM

Thank you all for your support!

We now reached Tier 3.

The swapbot got refilled: Get yourself a Woodcoin's Guardian card

Only 50 cards in this tier.

Only 90 cards left in total for direct purchase.

sulfurtank

Activity: 592

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:54:37 PM

I don't know what brought me here, but this doesn't seem to be a good pick. Gladly tell me in one sentence if it's a jumper without parachute. What do u think seems more apparent, death without a notice or desperate endeavor to regain trust from people like me?
sulfurtank

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:05:22 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 09:07:31 PM by sulfurtank

Thank you all for your support!

We now reached Tier 3.

The swapbot got refilled: Get yourself a Woodcoin's Guardian card

Only 50 cards in this tier.

Only 90 cards left in total for direct purchase.

Hello, tier 3 was merged into level 5. I will bankroll ur organization, but only if I win. I don't need money, I have stuffed my room up with enough money for myself, whereas u display a desperate need for money. Confirm if this is the case, and I will fund u. 0.1 USD would be a benevolent fund to help u pay utilities.
eshriek

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:50:27 PM

Artwork for GUARDIANCARD is excellent. Will you be relying on the same artist for most cards?
m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:55:08 PM

Artwork for GUARDIANCARD is excellent. Will you be relying on the same artist for most cards?

Thank you. Indeed we carefully selected our illustrator and are looking to cooperate with him for most of our artwork.

That said we are always open towards talented designers who think they would be a great fit for Age of Chains.

If you happen to be one, feel free to send me your portfolio.

--

@sulfurtank: Time is a scarce resource.

sulfurtank

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:30:35 PM

I'm aware of the time concern. My time is running out. Ive got no much time for myself to continue living the life I used to like. Everything has changed in my lifestyle since my first post on the message board, and what I'm now is nowhere near what I used to be. My life shows a tendency to worsen every new moon, and I'm confident u do experience the same balsamic age despair as I do. Except u took it to much higher level than me because uve got a cellulite on the inner thighs.
Coinchange

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

Whats up ? Any news ? tier 3 sold ?

🚀
m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:05:46 PM

Whats up ? Any news ? tier 3 sold ?

We entered Tier 3 for Woodcoin's Guardian just a couple of days ago. The card is still available for purchase at that price level via our swapbot.

Our landing page is ready (Thank you, Matthew!) and if you like to be among the first to read our blog post, make sure to follow us on Medium.

We currently are evaluating many applications for the position as a Unity Game Developer, as my friend Ruben (planned to be the CTO) currently due to being in the end-stage of his master's program can only commit little time to the project.

Also, on a good side note, we have been accepted within the FounderX program and decided to participate. The program is mainly remote, lasts three months and is aimed at refining our business model and pitch with the main goal of securing an initial funding round. The last three days of the program will take place in Silicon Valley, consisting of networking events, workshops and formal dinners. Our aim is to raise at least $500.000 in funds which will take us a long way, hopefully even until release. If you are an angel investor, looking for an investment opportunity, feel free to reach out.

Here is part of the FounderX acceptance email:

Hello,

I have very good news. You have been selected to receive the special Graduate assistance for the FounderX advisory program. Congratulations!

We reached out to over 500 of the up-and-coming Graduates, reviewed over 100, and then selected 50 of the best. You are one. There are two next steps before we start the mentoring in January.

So things look great. We are making huge progress on the mechanic side of the game with every day, are developing the lore, design and scale our team.

To give you a little bit of an insight into the lore:

Age of Chains plays in a distant future, at the time where our galaxy collides with the Andromeda galaxy. Throughout billions of years, contrarian evolutionary concepts have established themselves throughout each galaxy, now resulting in a clash of galactical cultures.

Now a little Christmas game:

Prize: 1x Woodcoin's Guardian

Guess which values have risen to the top in our galaxy Smiley How do you envision our galaxy in some billions of years? How do you envision the collision of the two galaxies?

Whoever comes closest to what we imagine for our lore will win one Woodcoin's Guardian card. The game lasts until the end of December this year, CET time.

We are looking forward to learn about your inspirative thoughts Smiley

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:16:36 PM

To give you a little bit of an insight into the lore:

Age of Chains plays in a distant future, at the time where our galaxy collides with the Andromeda galaxy. Throughout billions of years, contrarian evolutionary concepts have established themselves throughout each galaxy, now resulting in a clash of galactical cultures.

Now a little Christmas game:

Prize: 1x Woodcoin's Guardian

Guess which values have risen to the top in our galaxy Smiley How do you envision our galaxy in some billions of years? How do you envision the collision of the two galaxies?

Whoever comes closest to what we imagine for our lore will win one Woodcoin's Guardian card. The game lasts until the end of December this year, CET time.

We are looking forward to learn about your inspirative thoughts Smiley

Fun game. OK, here's my idea:

The evolutionary concept of our galaxy is individuation; the survival of the fittest. Genetic variants survive if they can find a niche in which they can make use of the resources of the ecosystem they are in more efficiently than competitors, then they seek to expand their territory. Dominant species, such as humanity, use economic competition to expand their individual lifespan, territory and power through technology. God-like individuals, living thousands of years, may dominate many worlds.

The evolutionary concept of the other galaxy is collectivism. Genetic variants are allowed to survive only if they are useful to the established ecosystem. Symbiosis, and its shadow parasitism, are the order of the day. Planet-wide intelligences draw together individual species in harmonious conflict free wholes, but individual freedom is non-existent. Rather than being based on the manipulation of inert matter, ‘technology’ is based on genetics and the use of highly specialised species breed especially for their task.

The clash is therefore between beings which consider a planet to be simply a resources for individuals to use, and those which consider individuals, and even whole species, to be simply a resource for planets to use.

Coinchange

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:10:32 PM

I buy 3 cards ... Now available - 0 ...

Thank you for your support, termion!

What name of token on COUNTERPARTY?

The asset name is "GUARDIANCARD": https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/GUARDIANCARD

When will be market " GUARDIANCARD/XCP" ... After sell all 777 cards or early?

The market is already open. You can start offering your card now on the Counterparty decentralized exchange.

How much is one GUARDIANCARD on DEX ?? Thx

🚀
m4nki (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:13:47 PM

I buy 3 cards ... Now available - 0 ...

Thank you for your support, termion!

What name of token on COUNTERPARTY?

The asset name is "GUARDIANCARD": https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/GUARDIANCARD

When will be market " GUARDIANCARD/XCP" ... After sell all 777 cards or early?

The market is already open. You can start offering your card now on the Counterparty decentralized exchange.

How much is one GUARDIANCARD on DEX ?? Thx

I think there is no sell order right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: