Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAC]Machinecoin | Core 0.17 | Masternodes | TimeTravel Algo  (Read 257528 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ripcurl99983

Activity: 414
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:46:19 PM

Hello,

sometime ago the user rossen compiled machinecoin version 0.13.1.1 for ubuntu 16.04. The results are still available at:
https://cointech.net/machinecoin-compiled-daemon-and-tools-for-ubuntu-16-04/

I appreciate the effort, but is there a chance to get a manual for compiling machinecoin for ubuntu or raspberry pi? I tried it by myself, but I always get stuck at some point. I followed the directions in:
https://github.com/machinecoin-project/machinecoin-core/blob/0.14.2/doc/build-unix.md
but no success.

teppichasche

I just used the Fedora notes on that page to install it on CentOS and it worked great... I will try to build it on Ubuntu later on this evening.

│⌬

│⌬

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

WEBSITE
BITCOINTALK  
EXPLORER  
│⌬ 

│⌬ 

████████          ████████             
                       ██████████        ██████████            
                      ████████████      ████████████           
          ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀███████▀▀█████▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄██████▀        ████████       ██████████▄     
              ▄█████████▄        ██████▄        ███████████▄   
            ▄█████████████▄    ▄█████████▄    ▄██████████████▄
Machinecoin 

CRYPTOPIA
COINEXCHANGE
NOVAEXCHANGE  

│⌬

│⌬

██             ██
    ██ █████████████████ ██
   █████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
 ████████▀  ▀█████▀  ▀████████
▐███████▌    ▐███▌    ▐███████▌
█████████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄█████████
██ ▀███████████████████████▀ ██
 ██▄▄ ▀▀███████████████▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀███▄▄▄           ▄▄▄███▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████     
         █████████     
         █████▀        
         █████         
     ████████████▓     
     ████████████▌     
     ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀      
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████

cockroachbreads

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:57:31 AM

Where can I buy tokens?
dimonbiz

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:10:39 PM

Where can I buy tokens?
You can buy on cryptopia
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:35:14 AM

Is there an ETA for MAC masternodes? Also, the final amount is 10K as I heard last time?
Thank you.
SkycityVictorians (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 07:44:55 PM

Is there an ETA for MAC masternodes? Also, the final amount is 10K as I heard last time?
Thank you.

Hey yo,

so..currently there is no official ETA when masternodes are ready..however, they're in progress and they'll got finished within the next months (1-3 months).

I know "some months" sounds really long, but I got some more very important personal stuff to do first.

The masternodes amount we've decided is 25k MAC / node.

Friendly Regards
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:02:13 AM

There is new pool:

http://hashpool.eu

Kuga_ZA

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

Where are all the decent pools at ?
Ripcurl99983

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:58:04 PM

Where are all the decent pools at ?

Looks like the list needs to be updated. Some are gone.

│⌬

│⌬

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

WEBSITE
BITCOINTALK  
EXPLORER  
│⌬ 

│⌬ 

Machinecoin 

CRYPTOPIA
COINEXCHANGE
NOVAEXCHANGE  

│⌬

│⌬

██             ██
    ██ █████████████████ ██
      ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████     
         █████████     
         █████▀        
         █████         
     ████████████▓     
     ████████████▌     
     ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀      
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████

j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:32:42 AM

Greetings, friends at Machinecoin! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import <any address> and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777B: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade Machinecoin via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay
rossen

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

In gold I trust - Aurumcoin www.cointech.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:51:57 PM

Hello,

sometime ago the user rossen compiled machinecoin version 0.13.1.1 for ubuntu 16.04. The results are still available at:
https://cointech.net/machinecoin-compiled-daemon-and-tools-for-ubuntu-16-04/

I appreciate the effort, but is there a chance to get a manual for compiling machinecoin for ubuntu or raspberry pi? I tried it by myself, but I always get stuck at some point. I followed the directions in:
https://github.com/machinecoin-project/machinecoin-core/blob/0.14.2/doc/build-unix.md
but no success.

teppichasche

I just used the Fedora notes on that page to install it on CentOS and it worked great... I will try to build it on Ubuntu later on this evening.

Fedora/RedHat/CentOS has stripped SSL library and it is not good to use/compile. So I will take a look if I can build a static binary files.
I am surprised about the new version now, but feel free to join my FB page and post news : https://www.facebook.com/cointech.net

Best Regards,
Rossen Karpuzov
fb: /rkarpuzov (the guy with the parrot Cheesy)

If you want a mining pool, addnode or blockexplorer - PM me https://cointech.net/block-explorers. Free BTC every 10 minutes https://satoshinow.com/?ref=163215
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23aurumcoin&uio=d4
v1nc

Merit: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:28:25 AM

Greetings, friends at Machinecoin! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import <any address> and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777B: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet:

"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade Machinecoin via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay

Hi Jay, sorry for later answer, we are not here every day - anyway SkycityVictorians will investigate it and let you and all know soon.
btw first look at your message seems scary, but i don't think that its Machinecoin's case, 100% answer will be provided by Skycity
SkycityVictorians (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:02:58 AM

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet:

QUESTIONS:

Stay safe,
Jay

Hey Jay,

thanks for letting us know about this.

I can confirm, that this "bug" is appearing at the latest Machinecoin Core 0.14.2 and may be confusing for most users and a risk for losing coins (see https://gyazo.com/25fdb2e3be7aa41ee900e4c6ecadf6ec).
I'll work on a solution to clarify the difference between "normal" and "watchonly" addresses within the GUI, which will get pushed with the next core version (most approx. 0.15.x).

Friendly Regards
- SkycityVictorians
teppichtasche

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:02:37 PM

Hello,

here is a link to a compiled machinecoin-qt v0.14.2.0–3c52e42 (64-bit) for ubuntu 16.04.03 desktop-amd64. It was compiled by v1nc:

https://mega.nz/#F!kSxTVDyY!9Qih_peC_SXfLRGhtEW6Wg

I did the following to get it running. It was a bit of trial and error, so not everything may be necessary.

1  sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
2  sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev
3  sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
4  sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev
5  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
6  sudo apt-get update
7  sudo apt-get install -y libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev   
8  sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils

teppichtasche

rossen

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

In gold I trust - Aurumcoin www.cointech.net

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

Static linked versions are done:

https://cointech.net/machinecoin-0-14-2-0-for-linux-static-binary-files/

Currently are Linux x86_64 and ARM aarch64 (testing required)

Best Regards,
Rossen

If you want a mining pool, addnode or blockexplorer - PM me https://cointech.net/block-explorers. Free BTC every 10 minutes https://satoshinow.com/?ref=163215
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23aurumcoin&uio=d4
teppichtasche

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:46:39 PM

Hello Rossen,

Thank you very much! It runs perfect on Ubuntu 16.04. Just made it executable and it runs.

teppichtasche
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:07:15 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 06:49:48 PM by cryptonit

is chainz on a fork?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mac/

why network so unstable with blockproduction and blocktimes?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Ripcurl99983

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:52:17 PM

is chainz on a fork?

You can thank profit switching algo pools for that.

│⌬

│⌬

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

WEBSITE
BITCOINTALK  
EXPLORER  
│⌬ 

│⌬ 

Machinecoin 

CRYPTOPIA
COINEXCHANGE
NOVAEXCHANGE  

│⌬

│⌬

██             ██
    ██ █████████████████ ██
      ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████     
         █████████     
         █████▀        
         █████         
     ████████████▓     
     ████████████▌     
     ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀      
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████         
         █████

dimonbiz

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

What are you going to do with it ? In the future it(multipool) will be bad for users mac
v1nc

Merit: 7

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:51:37 PM

What are you going to do with it ? In the future it(multipool) will be bad for users mac

I am not best person to provide 100% of info about it, but there are two possible solutions in discuss. Both are changes on MAC side.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:19:29 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 09:46:58 PM by cryptonit

is chainz on a fork?

You can thank profit switching algo pools for that.

easy solution change mining algo a bit
so they cant switch

or even better switch to POS/MN instead of POW/MN

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: