Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Nobel prize for Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 4237 times)
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:17:19 AM

That's all... Claim Economic Nobel prize for Satoshi Nakamoto

This is impossible.Satoshi will never disclose himself and they will never

give him a nobel prize.He doesn`t need a nobel prize actually. Grin

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:47:48 AM

I can surely say that it’s going to be one of the controversial issues if Satoshi receives Nobel Prize in economics. We will also face some incidents in bitcoin as well as crypto world and there is no need to say that at least 10+ people will come up with the claim of being satoshi nakamoto. No one knows, satoshi exists or not and thus it’s going to be a difficult decision for Nobel committee to take such risk.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:53:11 AM

This could be very tricky. I.mean no one realy knows if Satoshi Nakamoto realy exists and if this is a real name. How could they identify him? And I don't think so that at this moment it's possible that someone gets Nobel for cryptocurrencies because this price is stil very conservative.

malaj
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:05:22 AM

We have to know who Satoshi is first before we can give him an award Grin
Before he received his awards, FBI might caught him.

there is a couple of things that come to mind
- if they are going to give novel prize the wouldn't do it for "bitcoin" they would give it for "blockchain" because that is the revolutionary technology which is being used more not bitcoin and the questions rises that was it Satoshi who came up with blockchain idea or was it some other coin before it (i am a bit unsure about the history before bitcoin)
- also shouldn't there be someone who receives the prize! we don't know who satoshi is or if he is alive!
Interesting, like you said the blockchain should receive the awards, but i really curious about who invented blockchain ?? i mean the concept for the first time, i google it and i found that something similar to blockchain was in a research paper by Haber and Stornetta in 1991, it means Haber and Stornetta should receive the awards, isn't it??? correct me if i am wrong though i completly agree with you that they would give the award for those who inventing blockhain.

well i am not saying that whoever came up with the idea deserves the prize but instead i believe it depends on the success of their idea. for example i know that there were crypto currencies before bitcoin but they were all small and experimental ideas. and bitcoin is the first thing that became this big and popular so that has to count for something right.

Why don't we share the nobel prize with people/person/team involved in creating blockchain as well as bitcoin? Correct me if I am wrong, Bitcoin is the longest and successful experiment by far that has shown the world what blockchain can do.

zahra4577

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:26:34 AM

No doubt Satoshi has done greatest job by inventing this beautiful first cryptocurruncy but what good has it brought to world economy is a debatable issue.So instead of Nobel for economy, he should be given Nobel in the field of science

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 10:33:33 AM

if anyone deserves a Nobel prize Satoshi Nakamoto is the one for it. but they usually give these things away to people who had a great influence on their field and although bitcoin and blockchain technology is good and everyone is interested in it from investors to buy bitcoin and bankers to adapt it for their altcoins; but it is not yet that big to deserve a Nobel prize in my opinion.

--looking for signature--
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:44:40 AM

This is a good idea (I think I have seen a similar thread in the past) but who will get this since Satoshi Nakamoto "doesn't" exists and I don't think he/they will go in public in the future.

And since we don't know who is Satoshi to take the prize I doubt they will award bitcoin, but if they do it would be awesome for the cryptocurrency world.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

This is impossible.Satoshi will never disclose himself and they will never

give him a nobel prize.He doesn`t need a nobel prize actually. Grin

Yep. Who needs a new paperweight when you have 1,000,000 BTC? Cheesy

Vires in numeris
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:00:42 PM

It would have been a good idea assuming Satoshi would actually show up to receive his prize Roll Eyes

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:38:55 PM

Satoshi have been already praised by community for what he have done for common people that is giving complete financial freedom. All this Nobel prize or Hero of the year will not be enough to award him for what he have done. Very big bitcoin community loves him and all is thankful to him of not disclosing himself to take credit of being inventor of bitcoin.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 02:28:38 PM

It is a BIG YES for me. He is genius, creating opportunity from nothing and now it become a billion dollar cryptocurrency. He made a unique financial ecosystem where freedom is not an issue. He deserved the award.

Open for Campaigns
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 02:31:45 PM

Nobel prize is tainted by war criminals winning the Peace prize, etc.

Invoke the Satoshi prize for innovation IMO

Given the rate at which HFT bots steal investors hard earned money I would say it fits Bitcoin perfectly.

But yeah innovation.....

Roll Eyes
energycr

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 02:40:34 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 12:12:33 PM by energycr

It is funny because do you think he will pull a Bob Dillon and not accept it then he has five years to claim it. Cheesy
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:30:55 PM

Even if Nobel prize committee decide to give Economic Nobel prize to satoshi nakamoto (founder of bitcoin), i highly doubt he will be there to take that prize as he wants to remain anonymous and which is also good for bitcoin holders because when he will be exposed, there may be lot more panic in bitcoin market which can dump its price really fast.  
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:29:18 AM

Even if Nobel prize committee decide to give Economic Nobel prize to satoshi nakamoto (founder of bitcoin), i highly doubt he will be there to take that prize as he wants to remain anonymous and which is also good for bitcoin holders because when he will be exposed, there may be lot more panic in bitcoin market which can dump its price really fast.  

And if we can identify Satoshi Nakamoto, perhaps we should give the prize to the Bitcoin Foundation in the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. That would not create any panic in the bitcoin world i guess.
babyjesusftw1

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:55:05 AM

He probably deserves the award. Decentralized currencies are the wave of the future! Good old supply and demand determine price rather than government activities and corruption.

━━━  ▌ ━━━ FansUniteSports Betting on the Blockchain ━━━  ▌ ━━━
︽︾︽︾︽︾︽      WHITEPAPER     │    ANN    │    BOUNTY      ︽︾︽︾︽︾︽
▌ ━━━  JOIN OUR SLACK NOW  ━━━ ▌
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:01:24 AM

Yes he will remain as a remarkable person for inventing such an awesome technology.
Ge definitely deserves a novel price but it might not be Economic Novel price but i would rather support to give him Nobel price for innovative technology.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:06:14 AM

It is a BIG YES for me. He is genius, creating opportunity from nothing and now it become a billion dollar cryptocurrency. He made a unique financial ecosystem where freedom is not an issue. He deserved the award.
He is indeed deserving of such award. His innovation has changed thousands of life. Provided more home based employment that pays bitcoin. The only problem is that he is anonymous and if someone claims to be him it is hard to determine. And so the only thing we can awards him is our thanks.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:07:03 AM

Instead of this why not bitcoin foundation consider to start a global award system based on Satoshi's 1 million hoarding if possible. I mean to say Satoshi's initial mining rewards could be used for philanthropy purposes. (I am sorry if it was already discussed under other topics)

Just imagine a new global philanthropy system which will reward similar to Nobel prices but in bitcoins. Every year bitcoin will gain reasonable media coverage.

I too will vote for Satoshi for a Nobel prize for him. I second this idea as he must deserve that indeed.
Catlonid

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:02:24 AM

I think if this is the case then bitcoin will be known throughout the world and make a lot of people joined forces to search for and collect bitcoin. I hope whatever happen, the price of the bitcoin still stable dan not go down.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: