Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:32:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTE] The Bytecoin Information Thread  (Read 79621 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:00:09 AM

True but you have to have a large bank roll. They're greedy, once they finish you out, they're gone. They have no loyalty.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:06:20 AM

sold all my bte and bought nxt with it but i still keep coming back here cuz it kind of feels like bte is my illegitimate offspring or something.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:22:40 AM

sold all my bte and bought nxt with it but i still keep coming back here cuz it kind of feels like bte is my illegitimate offspring or something.

Haha yeah. It's the doppelganger.

Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:37:00 AM

It does seem to be one of those coins that won't go away.. hopefully for good reason Wink

I've sold some of my bytes here and there, but I'm still sitting on a reasonable stash. I've been experimenting with pool software yet again, and I'm considering opening a public pool for BTE again but I'm not at all sure if I would attract any users. Does anyone know if there are any BTE pools still out there running these days? Would anyone be interested in pool mining this coin again or are most of the miners here happy to do solo?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:42:00 AM

It does seem to be one of those coins that won't go away.. hopefully for good reason Wink

I've sold some of my bytes here and there, but I'm still sitting on most of what I mined at this point. I've been experimenting with pool software yet again, and I'm considering opening a public pool for BTE again but I'm not at all sure if I would attract any users. Does anyone know if there are any BTE pools still out there running these days? Would anyone be interested in pool mining this coin again or are most of the miners here happy to do solo?

CoinEX is both a pool and an exchange.  They support stratum mining.  stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9022
http://bte.crypto-expert.com/ is ahmed_bodi's pool.  I believe he is moving it, perhaps he will post some details.
I have a private copy of eloipool running in a virtual machine, I am sure someone could bring another pool up running it.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:42:58 AM

The only copycoin that is not in denial.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Digigami

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:48:36 AM

CoinEX is both a pool and an exchange.  They support stratum mining.  stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9022
http://bte.crypto-expert.com/ is ahmed_bodi's pool.  I believe he is moving it, perhaps he will post some details.
I have a private copy of eloipool running in a virtual machine, I am sure someone could bring another pool up running it.

Ahh thank you for the info ProfMac.

I used to use eloipool as well for my private pools, but have now switched over to an MPOS setup as it allows for easier remote monitoring, and is easily opened up to the public should I choose. Since there are a few pools in operation likely there would be little demand for another option at this point, but should the interest and hash rate on BTE start coming back up I likely will get another going. My next goal is to create a general front end for MPOS which will support single user accounts but access to multiple pools for different chains. I'm not a strong developer by any means so this will likely take me some time. Mostly doing it for the fun and learning experience at this point.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:58:21 AM

Ahh thank you for the info ProfMac.

I used to use eloipool as well for my private pools, but have now switched over to an MPOS setup as it allows for easier remote monitoring, and is easily opened up to the public should I choose. Since there are a few pools in operation likely there would be little demand for another option at this point, but should the interest and hash rate on BTE start coming back up I likely will get another going. My next goal is to create a general front end for MPOS which will support single user accounts but access to multiple pools for different chains. I'm not a strong developer by any means so this will likely take me some time. Mostly doing it for the fun and learning experience at this point.

Does MPOS allow the payout to individual pool member addresses, in the way that eligius pays out?

Do you have a script that will git the eloipool code, do any apt install <stuff>, and generally bring eloipool up in a Ubuntu virtual machine?  I have a copy that someone else had patched, and I have never finished an installation from the git source.

Digigami

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:10:58 AM

Does MPOS allow the payout to individual pool member addresses, in the way that eligius pays out?

Do you have a script that will git the eloipool code, do any apt install <stuff>, and generally bring eloipool up in a Ubuntu virtual machine?  I have a copy that someone else had patched, and I have never finished an installation from the git source.

I'm not entirely sure with how eligius manages the payouts, but I believe the answer would be yes.. MPOS is essentially a web front end, which interfaces with a stratum mining server and requires a database installed which both MPOS and stratum use to track users accounts and shares. Payouts are automated and on a per-user basis.

I currently have two instances running, one privately for my farm and I recently opened one up for a newer alt coin to verify my installation was good enough for public use. You can check that out here if you would like: http://198.53.169.220:4000

MPOS git is here: https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos
MPOS documentation is here: https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide
you will also need to manually edit a file for proper stratum operation, detailed here: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/stratum-mining/issues/90

Otherwise, installation was fairly straight forward once I figured it out once..

I did not ever make a script to install eloipool, I too had some issues getting eloipool up and running and wound up doing manual installations each time I attempted. Do you recall where you were getting hung up? It's been a while since I used eloipool but I do still have it installed in several VM's and could take a look at my configs if you would like.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:28:02 AM

I have a very preliminary idea to deal with the ASIC burst-mine then abandon problem.

Essentially, I would fork the client so that it looks back 2016 blocks, and determines the average difficulty to mine that many blocks in that much time.  It would make a block template with that difficulty, so that when ASICs come online, the difficulty starts going up immediately.  This would reduce the incentive to burst-mine, and reduce the number of blocks in that epoch, so that the official difficulty numbers do not jump as high.

The actual difficulty specification in the mined blocks would not change.  It would appear on later analysis that a series of particularly high difficulty blocks had been mined by happenstance.

When the ASICs abandon the mining, the difficulty begins to drop back to the usual difficulty for that epoch of 2016, even if no other blocks are mined.

The difficulty would be bounded below by the difficulty that would otherwise be assigned for that block.

When only some miners are running this code, the block-chain would fork.  I assume that pirate ASIC miners would run the old blockchain.  However, the new miners would mine to their own fork and outflank the attack.

Old style wallets that are offline for a long time would use the new style chain as the longest chain and use the repaired block-chain without change.

MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:41:26 PM

The only copycoin that is not in denial.

Haha! This cracked me up. A Bitcoin clone that fully admits it's just a clone.

I like to think of Bytecoin as Bitcoin's evil twin.  Smiley
MintageMasterMind

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:58:13 PM

You can now exchange Bytecoin for REAL Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Silver @ www.MintageMasterMind.com Check it out!
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:27:57 PM

Difficulty adjustment, now 270863.64

Power miners harvesting at low difficulty.

You may wish to sell at a loss on Cryptsy, to make the profitability lower for the power miners.

Marty19

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

*** 0% Fee *** Stratum *** Vardiff ***

iSpace Mining Pools welcomes ByteCoin into its range of SHA256D mining pools - http://ispace.co.uk

Smiley

rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:40:30 PM

what happens with sha256 coins?? I'm worry

open your mind!!
Cryptocurrency_forum

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:17:26 PM

Is this coin coming back to life? It's up 200%.
tommy69778

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

Quite a few coins are showing signs of life now bitcoin is rising.
ysbysb2000

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:22:18 AM

got  it
casacup

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

Interesting. Got 4-5 € in BTC around, invested in bytecoin. Now I'll wait a couple of year and see what will happen Cheesy

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
m0gliE

Activity: 129
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:31:53 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:04:01 PM by m0gliE

ByteCoin Bootstrap.dat

bootstrap.dat

bootstrap.dat allows a new Bytecoin client (not synced) to rapidly import the initial blocks from a
local file instead of slowly downloading blocks from random peers. This significantly reduces the
time it takes to get a client synced with the current blockchain.

Simply having bootstrap.dat in Bytecoin's expected data directory will make your initial block sync
much faster. The import process can be even faster if you use the -dbcache=1000 command line
parameter which uses an additional 1GB of RAM for the database index cache.

Extracting the bootstrap.dat.xz

Regardless of your operating system, use the following steps to make use of the bootstrap.dat file:

1. Download bootstrap.dat.xz from mirrors or torrent.
2. Decompress the bootstrap.dat.
3. Put it into the Bytecoin datadir. "%appdata%/bytecoin" / "~/.bytecoin"
(This is the same folder that contains wallet.dat and the blocks folder.)
4. Delete bootstrap.dat.old if you want to recover some storage space.

Bytecoin Data Folder

Linux
Code: (auto:0)
xz -d bootstrap.dat.xz 
Bytecoin's data directory is located in ~/.bytecoin/ by default. You can run ls -a to see
directories that start with a period. You can also search for the directory with the following
command:
find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null 
Mac
You can obtain xz from MacPorts or http://macpkg.sourceforge.net/.
Bytecoin's data directory should be located in ~/Library/Application Support/bytecoin/.

Windows
7Zip is a free utility that can decompress .xz files, so does the latest version of WinRAR.

Click on Start then Run (or press WinKey+R) and type.

explorer %APPDATA%\bytecoin 
Bytecoin's data directory will open. "AppData" and "Application Data" are hidden by default in
Windows.

Copy bootstrap.dat to data directory

Copy the bootstrap.dat to your data directory. Load the Bytecoin client and wait for it to load the
blocks. After loading is complete, the bootstrap.dat will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old at which
point you can choose to delete it.

Bytecoin - 4/9/2014 - 16,942 KB

GoogleD - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3NalaCIrQrb3JSLTZVZkhadTQ
Torrent - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3NalaCIrQrbFg2Qk9XeEdPUzg

E-nautia Mirror - https://e-nautia.com/jon.marshall/disk/bootstrap/bytecoin/bootstrap.dat.xz
E-nautia Direct - https://e-nautia.com/disk/download.php?id=5450715

Bytecoin Donation Address: 8LCXmsSFuCQ7ofmjudoD2FyAUv1qPeWxty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: