Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:54:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BetKing.io ICO - Bitcoin Gambling website - 581.4 BTC raised so far  (Read 29684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 01:53:49 PM

I actually did a quick 5 year DCF on this...assumed (5%) growth and 30% WACC. People might be surprised at the valuation

Well, I won't be.

Yeah, most of it cleared.

What happens to profit from other games? You keep it Huh

No. As mentioned in OP. Profit from all other games/products works the same way. Examples have just been given in dice so far since that's what currently exists on the site.

Thank you for clarifying. Added the last part so I won't have to wait 2 days for reply. Grin
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:05:03 PM

Shares:
BetKing will create 100,000,000 tokens (100 million) to represent 100% shares of BetKing.
No new tokens will be created.

30,000,000 (30%) of these tokens will be distributed to investors at the end of the ICO.

The remaining 70,000,000 (70%) will remain in the ownership of BetKing.
We may offer some of these shares in future to potential new staff or contractors as bonuses.

It appears, as per OP, Dean doesn't have any stake. Grin

Investors own 30% of BetKing. BetKing owns remaining 70% of BetKing... Do the math!
BetKing.io (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 02:10:36 PM

Shares:
BetKing will create 100,000,000 tokens (100 million) to represent 100% shares of BetKing.

30,000,000 (30%) of these tokens will be distributed to investors at the end of the ICO.

The remaining 70,000,000 (70%) will remain in the ownership of BetKing.
We may offer some of these shares in future to potential new staff or contractors as bonuses.

It appears, as per OP, Dean doesn't have any stake. Grin

I own BetKing Wink the 70% is mine if I sell 30% of shares.

As stated I'll update OP today. I assumed a lot of this was obvious stuff and didn't think you would need everything so specific.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:16:32 PM

As stated I'll update OP today. I assumed a lot of this was obvious stuff and didn't think you would need everything so specific.

ICOs are tricky. More if there is no getting out. It is better to have clear terms.
BetKing.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 02:18:01 PM

ICOs are tricky. More if there is no getting out. It is better to have clear terms.

Agreed. I guess I was just too expecting of the previous "bankroll investors" to jump on board Smiley

Also with the fact that I knew my lawyer would probably have to draft something up at end anyway.
retrocoingames

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:06:06 PM

Agreed. I guess I was just too expecting of the previous "bankroll investors" to jump on board Smiley

Also with the fact that I knew my lawyer would probably have to draft something up at end anyway.

You are only have way through Dean!

Give it time!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:18:14 PM

So, let me make sure I have this straight - it would operate like this:

[...]

290 BTC to distribute
30% x 290 = 87 BTC to shareholders
90% x 290 = 203 BTC to Dean

Is this correct?

That 90% should be 70%. Other than that it looks right to me.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:20:31 PM

Why you shouldn't trust screenshots 100% of the time:

[...]

I'm not saying I know for certain that RichGang did this, I'm just saying it's possible. He does seem to have an agenda, you know. For all I know, it's possible that Dean really did say this - in that case, consider this a PSA. Take "evidence" like this with a grain of salt.

I was sent different screenshots of the same chat by a few different people. I have no doubt that they are legit.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:29:33 PM

Base on past betking history, betking has huge volumes so there will be great up and down. An example is 1st period: +500btc, 2nd period: -200btc, 3rd period: +600btc, 4th period:-200 etc. Within a year, the bankroll will drop to 1.6k etc. So this system does not grow the bankroll but it will only keep depleting until?Huh??

I think you are confused. Let's take your example:

* start at 2000
* +500 -> 2500; pay out 500 in dividends
* -200 -> 1800; no dividend
* +600 -> 2400; pay out 400 in dividends
* -200 -> 1800; no dividend

As you see the bankroll didn't drop to 1.6k at any point, and it doesn't keep depleting.

I think the error you made was in thinking the 3rd period's 600 BTC profit would be paid out as a 600 BTC dividend, whereas only 400 would be paid out as the other 200 is used to make up for previous losses.

Selling and loaning 30% of the company is different from what i understand. If you are selling 30% of the company to rise the bankroll of 2k btc.

Let say you sell the empty company(without bankroll) for 3k btc and there is still bankroll of 1.5k btc, the investors will get only 30% of 4.5k btc(3k+1.5k) because that is the total asset of the company.

DN owns 100% of BK shares right now. BK owns no BTC. DN sells 30% of BK shares for 2000 BTC. Now DN has 2000 BTC and 70% of the shares. DN lends 2000 BTC to BK for use as its bankroll. Now DN is owed 2000 BTC by BK, BK has 2000 BTC in its bankroll and owes 2000 BTC to DN.

The bankroll is not an asset of the company at any point. 2000 BTC of it is owed to DN, and anything over 2000 BTC is owed to the shareholders as dividends.

I don't know where you get the idea that the investors get 30% of the bankroll at any time.

Also, what would it mean to "sell the empty company"? The company is owned by its shareholders. That's what shares are for. DN is offering to "sell (30% of) the empty company" right now. That's what this ICO is for.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:33:02 PM

I don't think I've seen you refer to the 2k in BTC's bankroll as a loan from DN to BK, but I don't see what else it could be. It doesn't belong to BK. It belongs to DN, who sold 30% of the company in exchange for 2k BTC. Is it a loan? Is it interest-free?

IMO It belongs to BK, doesn't belong to DN. It is a loan from investors to BK, with a right on profits.

People do appear to be confused, which is why I was asking these questions to try to clarify the situation.

I think Dean was having a hard time understanding why people were confused. He thought everything was spelled out in the OP already.

I think now it's pretty clear that investors aren't lending anything to BK. They are buying BK shares from its current owner, DN. When you buy something from DN, DN ends up owning the money that you used to buy that something...

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BetKing.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 04:55:58 PM

I've updated the original post to hopefully clear up some of the questions asked in this thread.

The main changes are under the headers: Shares, Distribution, Dividends and Exit Strategy, posted below too.
I hope things are more clear now. Thanks to everyone who helped get the words out better Smiley and all the investors so far.

Feel free to ask anything else you still think is missing.

Shares:
BetKing will create 100,000,000 tokens (100 million) to to represent 100% shares of BetKing, currently owned fully by me.

30,000,000 (30%) of these tokens will be be sold to investors during the ICO period and distributed at the end of the fund raising period.

The remaining 70,000,000 (70%) will remain in the ownership of me as my 70% equity in BetKing.

The funds raised by selling these shares will be loaned by me interest free back to the company to use for expenses and bankroll.

Distribution:
ICO starts at December 1st 2016 at 0:00 UTC and ends at January 1st 2017 at 0:00 UTC.
After the ICO has ended, 30,000,000 shares will be distributed proportionately if the target of 2000 Bitcoin or more is raised.
E.g. if we collect 2000 BTC and your investment is 200 BTC, you'll receive 3,000,000 shares.

These shares will be added to your BetKing account where you will be able to trade with other members on the BetKing website.

Dividends:
We will pay dividends as a share of the total profit (revenue-expenses) generated by BetKing in Bitcoin directly to your BetKing account every 3 months if the total capital is greater than the 2000 Bitcoin loan.
You can withdraw your Bitcoin dividend payment instantly to your own wallet.
This may change to be more frequent, e.g. a month, after the first dividend payment.

For example:
Assume revenue from players losses were 300 Bitcoin in the first three months.
Imagine we paid 5 Bitcoin for fixed cost expenses, 10 Bitcoin on banner ads and 10 Bitcoin on developer contract.
After the 3 months we have 2000 (the initial loan) +300-5-10-10=2275.
275 profit.

So the investors from the ICO would get a dividend share of 82.5 (30% of 275) paid into their BetKing account.
I would be paid 192.5 (70%)

The business would have 2000 Bitcoin left in it from the intial loan.

Another example:
In 3 months players win 100 Bitcoin playing dice.
We paid 5 Bitcoin as fixed expenses (server, cloudflare etc).
We spent 10 Bitcoin on some banner ads.
We spent 10 Bitcoin on a contract developer.

After the 3 months we have 2000-100-5-10-10=1875.
-125 profit.

So there are no dividends to be paid as there was no profit in this time.

The business would have 1875 Bitcoin left in it and no dividends would be paid until this amount was over 2000 again.

Exit Strategy:
If BetKing were to be closed for any reason or lost market share to where it stopped generating profit then the initial loan would be paid back to me and then any extra funds left in the business not paid out as dividends yet would be split 30% to investors and 70% to me.
Any assets including the software could be sold and 30% of the sale price distributed to investors.

HOWEVER if BetKing was forced to close suddenly within 3 months of the ICO then all existing funds in the business at that point would be used to pay investors back as close to their full initial investment as possible before I took any share.

There’s also the possibility in future for BetKing to be acquired by a bigger company in which investors will share 30% of the total sale price after the initial loan is paid back to me.

fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:47:40 PM

I've updated the original post to hopefully clear up some of the questions asked in this thread.

The main changes are under the headers: Shares, Distribution, Dividends and Exit Strategy, posted below too.
I hope things are more clear now. Thanks to everyone who helped get the words out better Smiley and all the investors so far.

Feel free to ask anything else you still think is missing.

Shares:
BetKing will create 100,000,000 tokens (100 million) to to represent 100% shares of BetKing, currently owned fully by me.

30,000,000 (30%) of these tokens will be be sold to investors during the ICO period and distributed at the end of the fund raising period.

The remaining 70,000,000 (70%) will remain in the ownership of me as my 70% equity in BetKing.

The funds raised by selling these shares will be loaned by me interest free back to the company to use for expenses and bankroll.

Distribution:
ICO starts at December 1st 2016 at 0:00 UTC and ends at January 1st 2017 at 0:00 UTC.
After the ICO has ended, 30,000,000 shares will be distributed proportionately if the target of 2000 Bitcoin or more is raised.
E.g. if we collect 2000 BTC and your investment is 200 BTC, you'll receive 3,000,000 shares.

These shares will be added to your BetKing account where you will be able to trade with other members on the BetKing website.

Dividends:
We will pay dividends as a share of the total profit (revenue-expenses) generated by BetKing in Bitcoin directly to your BetKing account every 3 months if the total capital is greater than the 2000 Bitcoin loan.
You can withdraw your Bitcoin dividend payment instantly to your own wallet.
This may change to be more frequent, e.g. a month, after the first dividend payment.

For example:
Assume revenue from players losses were 300 Bitcoin in the first three months.
Imagine we paid 5 Bitcoin for fixed cost expenses, 10 Bitcoin on banner ads and 10 Bitcoin on developer contract.
After the 3 months we have 2000 (the initial loan) +300-5-10-10=2275.
275 profit.

So the investors from the ICO would get a dividend share of 82.5 (30% of 275) paid into their BetKing account.
I would be paid 192.5 (70%)

The business would have 2000 Bitcoin left in it from the intial loan.

Another example:
In 3 months players win 100 Bitcoin playing dice.
We paid 5 Bitcoin as fixed expenses (server, cloudflare etc).
We spent 10 Bitcoin on some banner ads.
We spent 10 Bitcoin on a contract developer.

After the 3 months we have 2000-100-5-10-10=1875.
-125 profit.

So there are no dividends to be paid as there was no profit in this time.

The business would have 1875 Bitcoin left in it and no dividends would be paid until this amount was over 2000 again.

Exit Strategy:
If BetKing were to be closed for any reason or lost market share to where it stopped generating profit then the initial loan would be paid back to me and then any extra funds left in the business not paid out as dividends yet would be split 30% to investors and 70% to me.
Any assets including the software could be sold and 30% of the sale price distributed to investors.

HOWEVER if BetKing was forced to close suddenly within 3 months of the ICO then all existing funds in the business at that point would be used to pay investors back as close to their full initial investment as possible before I took any share.

There’s also the possibility in future for BetKing to be acquired by a bigger company in which investors will share 30% of the total sale price after the initial loan is paid back to me.

Have you decided if you're actually going to make a tradeable coin yet? That would be really awesome, the first real stock I think
BetKing.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 08:28:31 PM

3.5 hours left to get your 5% share bonus.
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

seems to be great ico!
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:34:47 PM

Are you still planning to refund ICO investors if you don't reach 2000 BTC raised?
igigme77

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:31:49 AM

I must admit. I dont like this bonus that some people get and others dont. It's not fair to everyone and that's anyi crypto.
Just my 2 cents.

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
MrJelliesBelly

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:35:00 AM

I must admit. I dont like this bonus that some people get and others dont. It's not fair to everyone and that's anyi crypto.
Just my 2 cents.

That's a good point. I agree. Can you go back and erase all the bonuses to make it moe fair for us.
psy112

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

psygambler

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 11:53:21 AM

Just my 2 cents.

That's a good point. I agree. Can you go back and erase all the bonuses to make it moe fair for us.

Why? I invested when it was 10% bonus, that one of the reason i didn't wait to invest! So why erase the bonuses? Early investors should have some benefits

RedGolpe

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:53:54 PM

Why? I invested when it was 10% bonus, that one of the reason i didn't wait to invest! So why erase the bonuses? Early investors should have some benefits
I'm almost certain you didn't get the irony.
igigme77

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:11:53 AM

Just my 2 cents.

No every investor should get the same benefits. Tha's how its done fairly. You may have been on the forum on the first day or week but maybe I only came on weeks later, I still want to invest but now I get less because I found the thread later then you? Huh

Thats not fair. Im not saying I wont invest but I like icos where there is no bonus for anyone including myself.

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: