Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:36:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets for more exotic Cryptos  (Read 1138 times)
Hawk72 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 07:26:15 PM by Hawk72

Hi,
I've ended up accumulating various cryptos (DVC, IXC, LTC, NMC, NVC, PPC, SC, TRC).  

I'm running QT wallets on virtual ubuntu machines for BTC, LTC, and PPC (my largest holdings).  For security / paranoia purposes, I have one virtual machine per currency.  Very simple to scale virtual machines, I like it this way.

Everything else, I've got held on exchanges.  I'd like to secure these others (DVC, IXC, NMC, NVC, SC, TRC) onto wallets.  I began downloading clients for these, but generally speaking each of these is causing me grief.  I'm not terribly technical, I can navigate unix from an admin perspective, but lack ability to compile stuff unless explicit directions are involved.

Can anyone give guidance on what the best way to store these are?  If there are cold storage options for these, I'd be open to that, however I'd like the ability to transfer in/out of these from time to time, I am certainly not wedded to maintaining positions in all of these.

In particular, with Vircurex stopping support for IXC and SC, I need to get these transferred somewhere.

To give some color on my issues to date with attempting wallet installs:
1) DVC - requires compiling, and when I run the make command, I get an error "make: g++: Command not found"
2) IXC - downloaded the linux tar.gz file, but trying to execute ixcoin gives me an error about libjpeg.so.62
3) NMC - the download only had the namecoind, no GUI / QT
4) NVC - cant find a client anywhere
5) SC - The download link on the solidcoin.info website fails
6) TRC - only supported on Windows???

ps, I am running ubuntu 12.04.

What are others doing?
Hawk72 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Bumping this to see people's opinions on other Crypto wallets.
Hawk72 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:50:18 PM

Anyone able to help here?

What ubuntu wallets are people using for DVC, IXC, NMC, NVC, SC, TRC?
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:32:15 AM

I've been looking for multiple online and offline DVC wallets, does anyone know of any?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 03:27:15 AM

1) DVC - requires compiling, and when I run the make command, I get an error "make: g++: Command not found"

This problem is likely resolved by installing the appropriate gcc/g++ package(s) for your Linux platform.

6) TRC - only supported on Windows???

Several people have compiled for Linux; you might try the terracointalk.org forum; I think some people have posted their experiences there.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 06:41:30 AM

I had no trouble compiling Terracoin on Fedora 17.

I only had to make the same usual changes from makefile.unix to create a makefile.fedora17, those changes being to put in -I and -L pointing to my dependencies directory where I keep my "openssl with elliptic curves included" (because Fedora does not include elliptic curve stuff in its system-wide openssl) and to define the boost libraries suffix of -mt

Only Fedora, as far as I know, needs the fixes for including elliptic curves, most distros do have elliptic curves in their system-wide openssl.

So really only the -mt suffix for boost on some systems seems likely as something some other distros might need to do.

(Assuming you have the dependencies such as the right BDB libs, that is. The old version four BDB maybe isn't intuitively named in the packages system so has sometimes taken a bit of "yum search" to figure out which BDB package a particular coin needs that I don't have on some particular machine.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

is there somewhere a GUI for  IXC?
(ixcoin-Qt)
TIA
gigawatt

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:12:47 PM

Anyone able to help here?

What ubuntu wallets are people using for DVC, IXC, NMC, NVC, SC, TRC?

If they have a git account, it should be pretty easy.  Almost all of the *coins come with a makefile.unix.  It's just about having the right dependencies installed.
Take a look at the Primecoin guide in my signature.  It has most of the common requirements in the apt-get install line.

For installing from git, you'd use something like:

Code:
git clone http://url_to_github/user/project.git
cd ~/project/src
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: