Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IT (sysadmin, XMPP, SPIP webdev) + translation services (en/es -> fr)  (Read 1292 times)
davux (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 263

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2010, 07:47:16 PM

Hi!

I'm just discovering Bitcoin, and I'm very impressed. The usual stuff people say: that's exactly what I was looking for, a realistic way to get independant from the banks and govs, blah, blah.  Roll Eyes

So far I own 2.05 BTC  Cool (2 a friend gave me, plus .05 from the bitcoin faucet), so I'm looking for a way to earn some more, so that I can start paying with Bitcoins instead of euros.

So first I would like to propose translation services. I'm French, and I live in Mexico, so I speak fluent Spanish. I also speak average English. I'd like to translate only *to* my native language, though, which is the common practice in translation, unless you don't mind not-so-natural phrasing.

I'm also a SPIP web developper. By the way, I just started a SPIP Bitcoin plugin. For the moment, it just adds a "bitcoin address" field in SPIP authors' profile, so that the field is available when designing page templates. More features will appear as soon as I come up with more ideas (maybe a #MODELE for easier "I accept Bitcoin payments, here's my address" announcement?). Of course, if you like the idea, if you want to participate, give more ideas... or bitcoins, please do!

I can also do system administration, mostly with Debian, which is my everyday and only OS. Here is my résumé: http://da.weeno.net/cv/en/

Bye!

1DavuxH9tLqU4c7zvG387aTG4mA7BcRpp2
México (Oaxaca) – France - Leeds
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davux (OP)

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2010, 08:26:49 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2010, 02:07:42 AM by davux

Actually, I'm willing to translate the Bitcoin FAQ to French. Is anyone else working on it? If not, I'll do it and I'll let you guys give me whatever you want for it! I've just created a special address in case anyone wants to support this work: 15orYv2ixv6zKfjATrskFLdqiAcNqXHgW1

Is there any more appropriate place to announce that? Sorry, I'm new in the Bitcoin world...  Embarrassed

neofutur

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2010, 08:54:42 PM

A friend of mine, you can trust him !

The spip ( http://spip.net ) plugin will be a good thing to spread the bitcoin use in france and europe !
davux (OP)

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2010, 02:53:03 AM

Actually, I'm willing to translate the Bitcoin FAQ to French.

I noticed the "Website translation forum" later. So there it is.

victoriaw

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 01:09:29 PM

I Would like to do this too, i can offer some native Spanish and some beginner Slovenian..
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 05:48:12 PM

You might wish to register on the Wiki and add yourself as a freelancer.

http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Freelancers

Once you've registered simply edit your user profile and add:

[[Category:Freelancers]]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

davux (OP)

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2011, 04:25:05 AM

Thanks a lot for the pointer, I'll have a look at it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: