Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76696 times)
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:05:26 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

Out of 7 billion people there are only 100 million people and counting ( based on 2016 survey ) are using bitcoin as a investment, payment, gambling, and other things that you can do in bitcoin. There is still small amount of percentage of  people who knows and learned about the virtual currency world. I also think that this is the reason why bitcoin is still not used as a mainstream payment in stores, it would be convenient if it happens but the only problem is that the rate of change on bitcoin, it is not constant and it varies over time so its really hard to use it as a payment option. unlike real money if you have $1 its value is $1 than if you have 1 BTC it changes the rate over time but also the good thing is that if the rate is high it is better for you so its really and 50/50 percentage. Hope it helps Smiley
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kizaki

Activity: 413

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:09:48 PM

I think and i consider this popular issue or maybe bug on blockchain now as a big disadvantage for bitcoins,the double spents transactions which is being used to scam other users.I have read many complains about this.So i consider it as a disadvantage cause it makes negative results

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:15:22 PM

The confirmation time will never be solved and it is the biggest  disadvantage of Bitcoin. Moreover, Bitcoin only has 21 millions coin and I believe it can not adapt the people demand.
DrPepperJC

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:43:01 PM

The confirmation time will never be solved and it is the biggest  disadvantage of Bitcoin. Moreover, Bitcoin only has 21 millions coin and I believe it can not adapt the people demand.
The fact is that Bitcoin will not be implemented for general use because its demand will not be able to cover the offer. Bitcoin will remain the currency for a certain Circle of users, And it can not be a disadvantage, Well, here's the confirmation time that's certainly a big minus.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:58:21 AM

The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is the fact that no one is controlling it and the delay of transaction confirmations. It really takes too long but hopefully it'll be fixed in the near future.
xapwxrm5742

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:10:49 AM

the disadvantage of the coin is spreed slow,it can't as a pay tool
ipungadhi

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:01:46 AM

I am not satisfied with the too long speed of operations. It's still bad that you can not use your coins without the Internet.
True, I also feel the same irritation when doing a transaction with a small fee. Eg fee 0.0001 btc with blockchain wallet. I'm sure you'll get confirmation the next day Lol

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:48:39 AM

I am not satisfied with the too long speed of operations. It's still bad that you can not use your coins without the Internet.
True, I also feel the same irritation when doing a transaction with a small fee. Eg fee 0.0001 btc with blockchain wallet. I'm sure you'll get confirmation the next day Lol

Yeah the fees or confirming transactions is one of the most irritating moments when we are doing transaction. I think this kind of problem is need to fix as soon as possible because if not then it will be the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin and that can bitcoin to drop its price and people will just leave bitcoin because of that.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 05:03:09 AM

Yeah the fees or confirming transactions is one of the most irritating moments when we are doing transaction. I think this kind of problem is need to fix as soon as possible because if not then it will be the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin and that can bitcoin to drop its price and people will just leave bitcoin because of that.
That's true but knowing what to pay for when in need and what to do with it is what matters. I don't think a lot of people now would leave bitcoin just because the price dips and goes lower because bitcoin has already experienced that and some people regretted it by selling their bitcoins at a lower price. I suggest just stick with it because it will continue to rise.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
secdark

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:23:39 AM

Agree the fees now a days is one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin unlike in the past that isnt the problem but now it is and the delay of sending or receiving bitcoin it really takes time. Though i think it will be resolve sooner or later and i hope so because the price of bitcoin is really incredebly high so it is very good to sell now Cheesy

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:30:50 AM

In addition to the speed of transactions that begin to slow down, the fee will also be greater. I do not know why the fees get bigger. Currently with a fee of 10k satoshi. You will receive a confirmation maybe a few days
genos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:43:32 AM

In addition to the speed of transactions that begin to slow down, the fee will also be greater. I do not know why the fees get bigger. Currently with a fee of 10k satoshi. You will receive a confirmation maybe a few days

Probably the traffic is become higher because of the increasing of bitcoin user. My transaction usually confirmed in 10 - 30 minute. I never see the transaction that need a few days to confirmed. I hope there are enginer or developer that can solve this problem.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Viviyang

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:28:07 AM

Probably the traffic is become higher because of the increasing of bitcoin user. My transaction usually confirmed in 10 - 30 minute. I never see the transaction that need a few days to confirmed. I hope there are enginer or developer that can solve this problem.
We surely have to pay much higher fees now to get the transaction accepted in the next few blocks otherwise it will take much more time to get confirmed.
In the past year, if I just paid 20k sat/KB the transaction then it would get added at max in the next 3 blocks and now we have to pay 120k sat/KB for the same.

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 04:43:08 AM

We surely have to pay much higher fees now to get the transaction accepted in the next few blocks otherwise it will take much more time to get confirmed.
In the past year, if I just paid 20k sat/KB the transaction then it would get added at max in the next 3 blocks and now we have to pay 120k sat/KB for the same.
This is true since the blockchain receives a daily transaction of 300k, that's a lot compared to before which is what you mentioned again. I think there are times that you really need more improvement with it. I just hope that you have patience when regarding with the time of the confirmations because it's really slow now, the difficulty is rising.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 05:17:03 AM

Not everyone is capable of accepting as a means of payments because they reckon that this BTC is a money laundering stuff and such alike nevertheless for me the most significant factor of BTC is it is not publicly known you could only know it if you have internet connection and are curious to know it, however the majority of living is through communicating and spending offline if you know what I mean. 
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Agree the fees now a days is one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin unlike in the past that isnt the problem but now it is and the delay of sending or receiving bitcoin it really takes time. Though i think it will be resolve sooner or later and i hope so because the price of bitcoin is really incredebly high so it is very good to sell now Cheesy
If you bought your bitcoin at a lower price than the past few weeks then you can sell now but if i were you, i will not sell my bitcoins because i still believe that there is more to wait for this year and i will just decide if i will sell or not after the year ends. The price of bitcoin is just for attraction for other people to invest but it will pump more for this coming months because there is something big coming.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:53:31 AM

Not everyone is capable of accepting as a means of payments because they reckon that this BTC is a money laundering stuff and such alike nevertheless for me the most significant factor of BTC is it is not publicly known you could only know it if you have internet connection and are curious to know it, however the majority of living is through communicating and spending offline if you know what I mean. 

Everyone is capable of accepting bitcoin as payment but others doesn't really to rely on it because we are still considered as not legal by the government. And that's the biggest advantage of bitcoin for me right now but it is just a temporary case because one day I know that the government will have time to accept it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:52:34 AM

Bitcoin is not completely implemented in every country and due to very low transaction fee many people are using for illegal activities, The price of bitcoin is also not stable.

Yes, not everybody in this world know about it. And some join in illegal activities like gamblings just to earn bitcoin. Price of bitcoin is really not stable because it depends on your ranked and the no. of bitcoin users. Nowadays its getting higher and that is good for every users.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MFahad

Activity: 2464

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 10:16:27 AM

I don't think that bitcoin has any biggest disadvantage.
For me, bitcoin is complete. But i see in my country only 1% people know about bitcoin. Than i think bitcoin creator do something for bitcoin publicity like T.v adds than people quickly know about it. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:39:33 PM

However, bitcoins is a hot virtual currency,
But the government and banks have not accepted it as mainstream currency.
So, the bitcoins can not be traded in banks and through routine measure of currency.
We should try to pursue govt and banks to accept it as any other currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: