Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another ASIC company[Could be a scam?]  (Read 27333 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:46:02 PM

The emails, if anyone is interested, that we are receiving about our ASIC model line are all pretty much the same thing, when can you ship, when can I pay and the responses we give in email are the same that we give on this forum, we don't know a final shipping date but we can ship anywhere globally & at the moment we are not taking payments for the product lines. Of course, anyone that has sent a pre-payment, is welcome to confirm that fact on here and we will obviously refund them if requested, I can say though with 110% certainty that at the present time, we have not had a single paid order for any of our ASIC models and honestly, right now, that is what we would prefer until we are able to have the models in hand and ready to ship.

Sure you are. The fact that you're willing to refund some mysterious pre-payment is proof of that. Meanwhile your site stilll links to your bitpay account.

What about people that didn't read this thread?

The only option for your company to not look loke a scam at this point is to take the website offline or at least remove any payment options and just blatantly state on the site that you don not at the moment have a product.

If you don't then i think it's pretty obvious that you are doing all this on purpose and i can be pretty confident that you are a scam of sorts.
GPU Rigs

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 04:48:53 PM

Alex,

We've always had BitCoins as a payment option because the site is pretty much an exact duplicate of our GPU Rigs website so we had our developer include everything so that when we were ready to let everyone know about the site, it was 100% ready to go, ranked in Google and the other search engines so that we can grow our business quickly, efficiently and ship product out to customers quickly and efficiently.

That being said I believe that we're currently trying to get ahold of the developer of the site to get those buttons removed in the interim.

In respect of Paypal, we wont be using them, whilst they do offer some protection on the consumer side of things, as a merchant, they offer none, zero, zilch, zip.

We may as well just ask every known scammer in the world to order through Paypal using a stolen credit card or actual Paypal funds and tell them once they have the product 'in hand' to just cancel the transaction... In that instance, we're fucked as a merchant and we close shop due to mass fraud or 'friendly fraud' as the banks call it.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to answer everyone's questions, comments and concerns about our ASIC product line, I must head out now though as I have to head to Sheffield for a few hours.
mobodick

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:53:26 PM

mobo dick: "You make it look as if the fact that they promised some people to send the 5 units is worth peoples trust.
That's pretty LOL because the whole reason these units will need to be shipped is to start a trust relation in the first place."

BS, no I haven't, again you haven't read my post, these were the last two lines:

"As a casual observer I certainly wouldn't be parting with funds, especially Bitpay, unless they have fulfilled these above promises of my delivery in person and via respected third party held escrow that they have agreed to."

Yeah, that is what you said later.
But what i was refering to was:

Similarly previously in this thread (still mentioned on this page), in another post it appears you also haven't read is mentioned that a respected member of this forum (John K.) is willing to monitor and potentially refrain from releasing the funds in escrow of 5 members of this forum until such point as they are satisfied they are in possession of a working product at no risk to themselves. Admittedly they will only be able to report on the product and not the company/employees/facility or anything else I shall observe and document, but it's additionaly verifiable independant sources that add legitimacy to ASICrigs intentions to sell working products.

Here you claim that the promise to send these 5 units out adds to their legitimacy.
As i said above, the whole point of sending out these units is to establisch wether they deserve any legitimacy. The promise to send them is meaningless untill they are delivered.

I'm confused at no point have I said the 'promise' adds to the legitimacy.

This was an argument you used against my critique of the company.
The basis of your argument was that i shouldn't be so critical because the guy promised to sent out 5 units.

Your confusion is your own problem but let me clear it up for you.
Untill the usints are actually shipped and received the company deserves no respect or legitimacy for them.
As i said earlier, i promise you you will get the 500TH/s machine, once i've sourced the components.
Does it make me any more legitimate just because i've made this promise?
So these 5 machines carry no meaning in this discussion of legitimacy because they are simply not yet delivered. It's bad that you have mentioned them because they only confuse matters.
mobodick

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:01:23 PM

Alex,

We've always had BitCoins as a payment option because the site is pretty much an exact duplicate of our GPU Rigs website so we had our developer include everything so that when we were ready to let everyone know about the site, it was 100% ready to go, ranked in Google and the other search engines so that we can grow our business quickly, efficiently and ship product out to customers quickly and efficiently.

Wait, you need to source components and still need to do the board design and production but you've got your website running online with payment options activated?
How vicious...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:22:15 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 10:57:19 PM by Bitcoinorama

This thread may potentially be of great use to ASICrigs if their main hurdle is sourcing ASIC chips and they are comfortable with PCB and case design. Would mean increased power consumption in comparison to BFL (approx +30%), but that's not as important as bringing a working competing product to market fast, neither is the case size. It can be significantly larger, like Avalon's case;

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1860-we-just-got-fucked-avalon-selling-tons-asics-chips-~25$-per-gigahash-~6w-ghs.html

Note: you will need to copy and paste the link, for some reason the post is not hyperlinking the full address.

Avalon's chip sale page: http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-chips-10000

Also: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161715.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.0

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mobodick

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:04:40 AM

That being said I believe that we're currently trying to get ahold of the developer of the site to get those buttons removed in the interim.

So when will your co-workers of your business-run-from-a-house be able to give you confirmation that the developer of the site is indeed being gotten hold of?

Needless to say your website is still accepting payments for your non-existen products.
GPU Rigs

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 01:08:55 PM

Okay, so I have just got out of a meeting with the company owner and after bringing up several of the suggestions, comments and concerns in this thread, this is what has been decided.

No, we will not be changing anything on our website, unless we absolutely have to.

We were not the ones that brought it to the public eye so we are not going to make any changes until we are ready to do so as a company, you don't like that, don't do business with us, plain and simple.

Once we have further information about our ASIC line we will let everyone know, when we are ready to, not before hand, ask away as much as you want on here and any other message forum, you'll be given the same answer... None.

When we are ready to let you know about the technicalities and finer points of our product line, we will.

Bottom line is this, no matter how many times we answer people's questions, no matter how many times we have gone out of our way to try and assure people we are a legitimate business, we are still getting slammed.

Well, slam away, we're going to be focusing on running our business and getting all of our products ready for market, not speculation, rumor and opinion posted on a message board by anonymous persons on a witch hunt.

We have been more than willing to discuss the issues as they have arisen but people obviously do not want to listen to, or believe the answers we are posting whilst those same answers get twisted out of their meaning by individuals looking to make them fit their agenda.

Right now, we do not care if you want to pre-order any of our ASIC models (that are currently not available to ship) or wait until we have honored our agreement to send the first 5 to members of this board by escrow facilitated by John K, but the bottom line is this...

Think we are scammers? Out to screw you over? Don't do any business with us, it's that simple. It's your choice.

We tried the 'this is where we are at route' and its obviously not what you folks want to hear so fuck it, when we are ready to let you know more about our ASIC product line, we will, until then we will only be posting publicly about our GPU Rigs product line.

Deuces...
mobodick

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:54:30 PM

No, we will not be changing anything on our website, unless we absolutely have to.

We were not the ones that brought it to the public eye so we are not going to make any changes until we are ready to do so as a company, you don't like that, don't do business with us, plain and simple.

Ok, so now instead of removing 3 links for the payment of your phantom product you come up with this bullshit.
Putting a website online and pointing a DNS entry to it is (at least in my country) considered publication.
By publishing you have brought it to the publics eye.

I won't do business with you but that doesn't stop me from informing others about the way you're trying to scam people.

The fact that you're unwilling to make a minor change to your webpage tells us that you are actively fishing for payment without actually having a product.

Your opration is very probably a:
SCAM!

Stop taking money for your non-existent product!

Anyway, if you won't remove the links on your page i will open a thread in the Scam Accusations section of this forum to warn people against your operation.
If you won't remove it by monday i think it will be time to have a little talk with HM R&C.
mobodick

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:55:54 PM

We have been more than willing to discuss the issues

But you seem to be fully unwilling to stop taking peoples money.
I wonder why...
 Roll Eyes
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:02:58 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 02:31:48 PM by Bitcoinorama

ASICrigs I'm happy to detail evidence to the contrary to this board via a visit in person as discussed and agreed upon before, however that last reply did you no favours.

You promised not to accept payment unless you had further confirmation on sourcing chips and further developed your design, so as not to be in a similar position to BFL Josh over promising and under delivering, yet although you may not be heavily promoting your sites through traditional marketing means, paid Adwords etc. your site is live for accepting funds which is the opposite to what you previously suggested, further more although there is some wordage explaining devices are not ready currently onsite, it's not entirely overt.

If we consider a competing European company who like you claim to have a known chip manufacturer in co-development, KNCminer there are several goalposts they have achieved with supporting evidence, these are;

A known chip manufacture who have themselves written a press release detailing their intention to partner.

Two products in place with draft designs completed as well as an idea of power consumption.

The owners have publicly revealed who they personally are and thus put their necks on the line.

They have at least one electronic engineer plus the support of an acknowledged chip manufacturer.

They have expressed willingness for a personal pick-up as well.

Yet they are still not live for payment as they themselves admit they want to move forward more and create a working prototype prior.

You also promised me some idea of your founders backgrounds, stating some tech involvement and that you had an Internet marketing background. I have worked in both advertising and venture capital as well as having a background in engineering and with all due respect have to say that KNCminers actions, whether sincere or not follow a logical path required to generate investment. People need to know who they are dealing with, their experience, their plans, how they intend to determine and reach goals realistically and provide supporting evidence.

My gut feeling is you lucked on a cracking domain name, have over promised somewhat and under anticipated the demand. It would be an utter waste to use the domain; asicrigs.com on a scam as it's resale value alone could net you more than the scam if ASICs become the future of mining, that domain resale would drastically decrease if having been affiliated with a scam as no future party would want ties with the negative historical connotation a scam site would have had.

Your recent response is not that of a veteran internet marketer. I wish you all the luck in the world if you are genuine and my offer still holds if you are. I would pick up and pay in person and document that publicly to put everyone's minds at rest on this board and beyond, but if you are genuine you have to stand by your originally stated intention not to accept payment until further positive and proven developmental progress has been made, buddy you have to remove the Bitpay option.

Regards, A.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:01:10 AM

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address these concerns and, if  you have any other questions, comments or concerns I would be happy to discuss them publicly on this community forum or, privately by email if you wish to contact us directly.

Here's my question. This is the image you used on your facebook page:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/news/pr/fsa_20121031.html

Start explaining.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:11:16 AM

Oh lawdy... where have I heard this sort of logic used before ? Oh thats right, with prior busted scammers right here on these forums !

Christ these scams are just getting pathetically obvious now.
Rippyzippers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:07:48 AM

Sad part is, If one uninformed person buys into one of these scams the person is set.

So pathetic.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:39:12 PM

100 GH/s Bitcoin Miner
In Stock And Ready To Ship

Really? Shouldn't they get a scammer tag? How can they prove that they have 100GH/s miners IN STOCK and ready to ship?

Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:56:47 PM

So..

You're based in the UK
You have these in stock
You want 30 BTC per unit

I'll have 5, are you ok with me picking them up and paying you the 150 BTC there and then? Happy to wait around for confirmations.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:09:59 PM

They are, but just for the first 5 that responded when they offered it (I'm one of those). Just read back in the thread.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:11:09 PM

Oh, so they're turning away custom if you're not in the first 5? Bizarre  Undecided

Would have thought a sale was a sale.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
dmcdad

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Here's my question. This is the image you used on your facebook page:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/news/pr/fsa_20121031.html

Start explaining.
Great find mokahless.

So here is the image from their Facebook page:

Here is the image Fujitsu ARM chip, which has nothing to do with ASIC:

I'll let the reader draw their own conclusion as to if they are being misleading...  Grin
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:44:37 AM

I'm putting you on Red status GPURigs/Asics.

It is obvious you either-

1. Don't have your shit together as a business or
2. Are in fact some kind of scammer posting fake images and accepting Bitcoin on your site as payment outside of escrow. This is fraudulent

I'm also 100% convinced GXMining.com is also yours, by look and feel alone you cannot tell me this is not related to GPURIgs/ASICRigs. I have asked you before about that one and so far I have not seen any answer from you either way about this site to confirm or deny. It has nearly the exact same "mockups" on it.

And BTW a mockup is a representation of an idea for an original design, not taking a picture of another vendor's gear and erasing the details in Photoshop.

Fish as hell, don't send these clowns anything.

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:26:33 AM

ya they every where be careful .. don't give your hard earn bitcoin away for some vapor ware
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: