Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "ObamaPhone Lady" now thinks Obama was a Scam  (Read 1593 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:42:12 AM

I was gonna post a really long, thoughtful response, but then I realized I'm in the wrong convo; I'm not here to debate, I'm here to fold my arms and huff. 

I didn't say I love Mormons, but I can see how having a reasonable opinion of them based on some limited positive interaction would offend you enough to say dumb things like

Great; you love Mormons, therefor Mitt Romney looks like Jesus.  Anything else?

I just don't see the point in calling them a "cult" or holding the better (*cough* less worse *cough*) of two presidential candidates' choice of religion against them, to the exclusion of far more pertinent issues.

That's the kind of bigoted fundamentalist crap which made me dislike religious people intensely when I was younger.

Then I grew up.  You, OTOH, still go around saying asinine, inflammatory nonsense like "Mormons are a cult" and Romney's religion is a "red flag."

What's your excuse?  Did your Baptist preacher man tell you Mormons worship Lucifer or something?   Cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism_of_small_differences

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:50:45 AM

Indeed. I've yet to see any evidence that the Mormons - or almost any religion - have done so, however.
Well, Maybe the Wiccans. They're pretty cool. And no mass-murders in their - albeit short - history, either. Their religious tenets are actually quite similar to my political ones.

It's hardly grasping at tenuous straws to point out a mass murder that was a) perpetrated by a group of people professing a certain belief system, and b) incited by that same belief system.
PS Mormons are great preppers.  They open their food canning centers to the rest of the public too.  How nice of them!
They are. Have you asked one why, though? The answer should be enlightening.

Have you looked for any such evidence, or do your jaundiced eyes only see 150+ year old ancient history, to the exclusion of less sensational, but far more relevant and positive, recent data?

The old pagans practiced human sacrifice.  I can see why Christianity, with its forgiveness this and golden rule that, looked like a pleasant alternative to those bloody rituals.

You can't compare old time Mormons, hounded to the ends of the earth by intolerance strongly resembling your own, to comfortable modern Mormons.

They don't (officially) practice polygamy, for a start.

As I said, the only contact I've had with LDS was in the course of my grandpa's funeral.  Why they are great preppers didn't come up.

But the fact that you need to dissect their motivations for a behavior with which you agree amply demonstrates your propensity for Purity Policing and letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

IMO.  Have a good one mrykul!   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 04:11:17 AM

Indeed. I've yet to see any evidence that the Mormons - or almost any religion - have done so, however.
Well, Maybe the Wiccans. They're pretty cool. And no mass-murders in their - albeit short - history, either. Their religious tenets are actually quite similar to my political ones.

It's hardly grasping at tenuous straws to point out a mass murder that was a) perpetrated by a group of people professing a certain belief system, and b) incited by that same belief system.
PS Mormons are great preppers.  They open their food canning centers to the rest of the public too.  How nice of them!

Have you looked for any such evidence, or do your jaundiced eyes only see 150+ year old ancient history, to the exclusion of less sensational, but far more relevant and positive, recent data?

The old pagans practiced human sacrifice.  I can see why Christianity, with its forgiveness this and golden rule that, looked like a pleasant alternative to those bloody rituals.

You can't compare old time Mormons, hounded to the ends of the earth by intolerance strongly resembling your own, to comfortable modern Mormons.
On the contrary, I am quite tolerant of all religions. So long as they keep on their patch, and don't try to drag me into their business - a practice Mormons are unfortunately quite fond of, and which Wiccans, who have no ties to the old pagan religions, thankfully abstain from. If I had to choose between having a Wiccan as a neighbor and having a Mormon, I'd pick the Wiccan, hands down. I know members of both religions personally. As I said before, the Wiccans are pretty cool.

But the fact that you need to dissect their motivations for a behavior with which you agree amply demonstrates your propensity for Purity Policing and letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Ahh, but the reasons are the most important thing about what someone does. Motivation is key. As I said, I'm quite tolerant of Mormons, but, unfortunately they are not very tolerant of me. This naturally colors my perception of the religion as a whole, and placing supreme executive power in the hands of one of it's adherents in particular.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:21:52 AM

Yea the whole region thing is interesting. Personally I assume anyone who tells me they know what happens after a person dies is trying to scam me somehow. But it offsests the power of the state as long as the two do not get intermingled.

I also like how they seem to be the only ones wanting to teach questioning of scientific dogma in schools. Most likely it is motivated by wanting to replace it with some different dogma but as long as both agendas are balanced it actually would be better. Of course the best thing would be to refrain from indoctrinating children at all and instead teach them critical thinking, but apparently that is too much to ask.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:53:20 AM

Yea the whole region thing is interesting. Personally I assume anyone who tells me they know what happens after a person dies is trying to scam me somehow. But it offsests the power of the state as long as the two do not get intermingled.

I also like how they seem to be the only ones wanting to teach questioning of scientific dogma in schools. Most likely it is motivated by wanting to replace it with some different dogma but as long as both agendas are balanced it actually would be better. Of course the best thing would be to refrain from indoctrinating children at all and instead teach them critical thinking, but apparently that is too much to ask.

My sentiments exactly.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  So all arguments loop back into statism, it seems; would a lack of state lead to better schools and thus end religion, replacing it with cold science?  I wonder.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:14:02 AM

Alex Jones
Alex Jones
Alex Jones

Nuff said.

bb113 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:36:50 AM

Alex Jones
Alex Jones
Alex Jones

Nuff said.

Has anyone else interviewed her?
antibanker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:38:50 AM

she sounds very intellectual
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:41:12 AM

she sounds very intellectual

Yea the problem is that isn't a good way to judge people. Money can get you trained to sound smart and be aware that certain issues exist. There are plenty of false positives and negatives using that to judge someones intelligence though.
antibanker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:43:55 AM

she should have been PM of Britain instead of the bitch Maggie Thatcher
christop

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:16:36 AM

Oh. My. Goodness. A religion teaching self-reliance and preparedness‽ It boggles the mind!

What's next—Boy Scouts of America teaching self-reliance and preparedness? OH NO! THEY ALREADY DO! What is this world coming to‽‽

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:19:24 AM

Oh. My. Goodness. A religion teaching self-reliance and preparedness‽ It boggles the mind!

What's next—Boy Scouts of America teaching self-reliance and preparedness? OH NO! THEY ALREADY DO! What is this world coming to‽‽
Actually, they tend to be a little paranoid. They kinda figure we might turn on 'em again at any moment. Siege mentality. I'm fine with the prepping, just not the paranoia that inspires it.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: