Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins backed Chaumian currencies - are there any?  (Read 1442 times)
passerby (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:27:46 PM

Are there any services online that combine Bitcoin with David Chaum's blind signing protocol?

I do know of one  http://blindbitcoin.com/  

The thing is, me and a group of friends intend to start one, based upon Open Transactions, and  are quite willing to cooperate with anyone who already works on marrying OT and bitcoins Smiley

P.S.:

I've made a similar topic while being in the newbie containment and asked a mod to throw it in general, but apparently general discussion did not pay much interest to the subject, so I humbly submit the question to the attention of the D & TD subforum.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:47:55 PM

I've made a similar topic while being in the newbie containment and asked a mod to throw it in general, but apparently general discussion did not pay much interest to the subject, so I humbly submit the question to the attention of the D & TD subforum.

FellowTraveler, developer of Open Transactions, has engaged in many conversations here in the Bitcoin forums:
  http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=846;sa=showPosts

There are many who are interested in Open Transactions and the type of offering you are describing.  I don't think there has been any other implementation other than BlindBitcoin.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

passerby (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 09:30:37 AM

OK, looks like we will be the first to try OT+BTC then, given that Blindcoin seems to use its own, independent implementation of Chaumian shenanigans.

Scary  Grin

The good news, however, is that we have procured some (a little bit) seed capital for this, and in 2-3 weeks we will have a dedicated coder for this project. Will need some more monies for a dedicated security analyst and a round of good penetration testing, which is something we would like to do before exposing the late alpha to the general public...

Will probably announce further when we decide on the name and bring up the website and register a bitstarter profile.
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:50:52 AM

+1
codemojo

Activity: 35
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:47:45 AM

I played with the idea of using OT + Bitcoin to create a currency for Reddit.com users:

http://redditcoin.appspot.com/calc

Very interesting stuff indeed, I guess if systems like this are feasible, the limited supply of Bitcoins is no longer a problem.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: