Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:21:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 day Auction - 10 shares in Avalon group buy  (Read 941 times)
bowen151 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:35:57 PM

Ive been on the fence with this for a while now but after seeing the price some of these shares are going for then I thought Id see what offers are out there. I am auctioning off my shares from a group buy for an avalon batch #3 miner.

Here is the original thread where the group came together and also it lists out percentages of ownership and inital investment information etc.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155293.0

The group is mainly spanish but as they welcomed me into their group I am sure they will also extend the same courtesy to any prospective buyers, please note that I dont speak fluent spanish and was using a combination of translation programs and my head to get communications across, however I was informed from the organiser of this group buy, a user named "Rampion" here in the forums that I could receive critical updates relating to the group in english If I desired.

NOTE: I reserve the right to withdraw this auction at any time should I not meet my "reserve price" or if I notice a major flaw in my system, if this happens an announcement will be made in this thread by me rendering any and all bids VOID.

Bidding starts at 2.0x

Auction will close at 6PM (UTC) on the 9th of April 2013 (tomorrow) and payment must be made immediately after the auction if deemed a winner.

Escrow welcomed of course!

Cheers for looking.

Bowen151

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

Hi, Can you specify what exactly is your share in the project? It looks like 45btc from Rampion for 50% and 68btc from everyone else for the other 50%. That would make your share 14.7% of 50% ownership for a grand total of 7.35% ownership. Is my math correct? So, minimum bid is 20btc for 7.35% ownership in 65mghz Avalon in Spain. Or, is this for 14.7% for 20btc which sounds like a much more reasonable deal. If so, will everyone have to chip in for the power supply that was not included at the 68btc price?

Thanks,
bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:49:44 PM

Sorry but im not sure where you got some of those numbers from? Heres an excerpt from the other thread, very first post

Rampion - 16Fk9YKT93h3bEA6pBh3cSiVGfECQdW6t7 - 22btc
Voktar - 193nUq5YpneyAyvqFuwfbZGEHwBLBbTDq5 - 13btc
Godzilla - 13ccVsC6qjNmyiYEn7SHhPs1NGJ4ECEice - 9btc
Desertxp - 1MHASVGPRRriB5XirUDeJ8k3mzp7edFmfv - 3btc
Bowen151 - 1H5mCkE7ix3Ect5nBnGgZiSqMnchB4CyNU - 10btc
Pelufre - 1vE64V5PYoKsHjNYowerKVd69kZ92cAkn - 20btc

Those are the original investors, amount invested and dividend address.

The total adds up to 77BTC which was enough for one 3 module miner with the required ATX PSU, as far as I am aware this is what was ordered by rampion.

I beleive the total share that I own works out to just around 12.99%

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:02:55 PM

Thanks for clarifying that. I must have misunderstood the original post when I was trying to read it in google translate.

Could you clarify the terms of escrow? Do you mean until the group accepts the transfer of ownership or do you mean until the actual unit arrives in May? Also, any idea what the host cost will be for electricity (KWH) in Spain?

Thanks,
bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:32:53 AM

I meant when the group confirm the transfer of shares.

To be honest there has not really been enough interest for me to continue this auction. I was only willing to sell at a reserve price (as mentioned in the OP) that I had in mind, this was to help me cover my next coin project and if I have to wait to accumulate my coins to do this then I can wait. I shall most likely keep these shares unless I receive a decent offer by tomorrows deadline, Im happy to keep the shares and see how these avalons perform.

But in regards to your question I believe the rate they shall pay for power is approx. € 0.22 KWh, TBC still though so im sure they will go for the best deal their local provider can offer, as most miners do no doubt.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:44:24 AM

I'll start it off at 20.
bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:58:12 PM

Auction closed.

Pistachios bid has not met my reserve price unfortunately.

No shares have been sold. I shall keep my holdings and see what they return.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this thread.

Good luck to all in your new mining ventures  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: