Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is being told to people in High Schools about Bitcoin  (Read 9673 times)
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:26:13 PM

bitcoin is currently developing a vast sector. it seems there is no specific way to tell bitcoin among schools. bitcoin growing and expanding rapidly on the internet. anyone who accesses the internet will recognize bitcoin quickly.

On my imagination there allready is no way to get arround getting that recognition, each and every techchannel touted the toppic one or more time. And there is politics, the complaints against Silk Road from officials (in a strange timing right before SR got busted ?)
So there comes another attac angle. Getting kids into technology and politics Cheesy ooh I know that sounds nasty. The bonmot "on a long enough timescale we are all deads" (Homer Simpson) tells about the inescapeability. Face live, tech, politics and bitcoin comes as a bundle.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:29:03 PM

in my country, Bitcoin is not known
Bitcoin is a strange definition, if I ask what Bitcoin is, they will only respond, "I do not know"
this pretty bad
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:30:21 PM

bitcoin is currently developing a vast sector. it seems there is no specific way to tell bitcoin among schools. bitcoin growing and expanding rapidly on the internet. anyone who accesses the internet will recognize bitcoin quickly.

There are no curriculum yet about bitcoins and cryptocurrencies as well as digital currencies. That is the reason why there are no formal studies and teaching about online currencies to students on High School and if there are it was just not a formal teaching but an opinion of the teacher. The teacher could make any opinion about bitcoins and its sad to say that if the teacher is negative towards bitcoin then the students who are the future users of bitcoin may be affected so as not use bitcoin due to the teachings of their teacher.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:50:31 PM

Bitcoin is a strange definition, if I ask what Bitcoin is, they will only respond, "I do not know"
this pretty bad

Even in other countries, if you ask some random stranger they would probably respond the same way. Keep in mind that not everyone's tech savvy. Maybe everyone has laptop and a high-end smartphone but that doesn't make them interested in every single technology or innovation out there. Even if they were, there's to much innovation out there to be busy of and bitcoin is just one of them.

But I don't think people would just say some plain I-dont-know because it's pretty obvious and self explanatory that bitcoin is about money and technology because of the words "bit" and "coin".

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

Sadly, in my country nobody gets taught about Bitcoin. Even if they are taught that it is illegal and such things, people curious about it would go online and look it up to see if it is true or not. But nobody here even heard abiut Bitcoin, so it is not really popular in my country ..
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:58:21 PM

There are no curriculum yet about bitcoins and cryptocurrencies as well as digital currencies. That is the reason why there are no formal studies and teaching about online currencies to students on High School and if there are it was just not a formal teaching but an opinion of the teacher. The teacher could make any opinion about bitcoins and its sad to say that if the teacher is negative towards bitcoin then the students who are the future users of bitcoin may be affected so as not use bitcoin due to the teachings of their teacher.
being teacher i can conformed that still in my college or at school level we have no such curriculum to teach to the student about bitcoin. i think it can only be possible when bitcoin will become a legal currency and when it will become more common to be use in local shops, then i think the governments can fee the need to teach to the students about bitcoin and may be they include bitcoin in curriculum also. .

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:13:37 PM

this pretty bad

in my country, only few people that know bitcoin and bitcoin is not teach on everywhere because there is no institution that teaching people about bitcoin and we should learn bitcoin by ourself. every people that i've meet and they know bitcoin, they tells that they know bitcoin by searching on internet and read many news about bitcoin.

and because of this, in high schools, the student is not learn anything about bitcoin but i hope in future, they will studied and learning about bitcoin because it is related with technology in future.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

That's true,I don't think there's a particular way of telling them about it because there are so many ways that's advertising Bitcoin by the day through all the various kinds of media so it's very obvious they are going to get yo hear about Bitcoin the same way we are.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

i didn't learn much at school worth remembering. none of my teachers gave a shit. i wouldn't have expected any of them to have a clue about something like bitcoin. i don't recall any mention of any economic theory. they didn't even teach us any grammar.

bitcoin is best discovered by yourself and for yourself.
boybugs18

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:48:21 PM

i didn't learn much at school worth remembering. none of my teachers gave a shit. i wouldn't have expected any of them to have a clue about something like bitcoin. i don't recall any mention of any economic theory. they didn't even teach us any grammar.

bitcoin is best discovered by yourself and for yourself.
I agree with you for that , school must teach high school students to be prepared outside of the school educate them to be a good person even if someone is always ahead of you. They must teach students about economics or basic business skills so that they have choices rather than having to work for others instead of themself.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:18:33 PM

The knowledge of bitcoins among the high school professors is not much I assume because they have been teaching about the traditional form of transactions throughout their career.To them
Bitcoin is an illegal form of currency and purchasing them Is a big risk.
They think that it is a form of gamble and it may be used to support the trade of drugs and other forms of substance abuse.
They think that it is risky....Infact anyone who uses bitcoin or hears about it for the 1st time think it to be risky.This might be due to the fact that the creator of bitcoins is some unknown\aynonamous person so they think it to be risky.
But this topic ie.bitcoins is not usually discussed in the classes if you go and ask the teachers personally the may tell you about it.Some might even know about it and might be hearing this term for the 1st time.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:28:25 PM

The knowledge of bitcoins among the high school professors is not much I assume because they have been teaching about the traditional form of transactions throughout their career.

let's not forget the 'contribution' of the two most famous professors associated with bitcoin. there's the professor who predicted $10 btc by 2014 or something and then there's jorge stolfi, a professor who literally devotes every minute of every day trolling bitcoin around every outlet around the globe.

that ain't much of a track record for the educated.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:30:02 PM

I don't know about other countries but I know that in my country children in high schools don't receive any kind of information about bitcoins. It's still some kind of tabu in education. And the knowledge of the professors is probably very poor so what to excpect. The only source of information is internet.

malaj
Seccerius

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:31:48 AM

I don't know about other countries but I know that in my country children in high schools don't receive any kind of information about bitcoins. It's still some kind of tabu in education. And the knowledge of the professors is probably very poor so what to excpect. The only source of information is internet.
The fact that more needs to be a public education program which should include mention of bitcoin. But the knowledge of the professors exactly very scarce in cryptocurrency.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:48:38 AM

Five days ago, a friend of mine studying Economics at High School had a discussion with its teacher, regarding Bitcoin, since I told her about that. Here's what the teacher said :

1. That's illegal : He did not bring many proves here, just saying that since it has not been regulated as a currency, we were in a grey area, and something in a grey area is rarely something that will become totally white from one day to another. He added that the sole purpose of that was to buy all kind of drugs over the Internet.

2. It will crash : He said that he had studied Bitcoin's price evolution throught the time (what I doubt) and said her that being so constantly rising was a sign that it was not a viable project. Its proof : manipulated prices of things like silver or wheat are very stable !

3. Anyone clear in its head wouldn't use it : First, he doesn't recognise any kind of manipulation of the money and the danger that there is for people keeping all their savings in fiat. I know that because I had him as a teacher too some times ago. So trying to explaining him about the fact that there is a clear war against cash and evident facts, like that that shows our money need to be converted into something viable to be protected from massive surveillance, is useless. Him not understanding that, since its the best argument I have, I couldn't have replied. When she told him about the speed of transactions, he replied "we have PayPal", so I said me that it wasn't worth to ever try explaining anything. As a final point, he said again that the sole real use that is making standing apart is that you can buy drugs on the Internet...

4. Bitcoin at a bigger scale would fail : I couldn't explain you much what he said because what she told me wasn't very clear so I personally did not understood, as her I presume how confuse her explaination was. To summarize, he said that it's still a little market and that it will fail to scale and will go back to close to nothing in value.

I'd like to get your feelings on that. Just call the arguments 1, 2, 3 and 4 and tell me what you would have replied back and what it does inspire you !
The teacher really don't know what bitcoin is, he gives his opinion about the bitcoin. He's busy to teach his student so mind his own business. Don't discourage the bitcoiners, this is the one reason why we earned money.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
00hash01

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:10:20 AM

All the knowledge of the student can only get on the Internet inadvertently bumping or on the advice of a knowledgeable user already. Otherwise, the love or the learning process does not even start.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:02:12 AM

Five days ago, a friend of mine studying Economics at High School had a discussion with its teacher, regarding Bitcoin, since I told her about that. Here's what the teacher said :

1. That's illegal : He did not bring many proves here, just saying that since it has not been regulated as a currency, we were in a grey area, and something in a grey area is rarely something that will become totally white from one day to another. He added that the sole purpose of that was to buy all kind of drugs over the Internet.

This is debatable. There is a lot good use for bitcoin not just drugs. You can buy a lot of good stuff as well.

2. It will crash : He said that he had studied Bitcoin's price evolution throught the time (what I doubt) and said her that being so constantly rising was a sign that it was not a viable project. Its proof : manipulated prices of things like silver or wheat are very stable !

I don't think bitcoin has crashed before. Correct me if I wrong here. There is a series of bull run in recent years but I never heard of it crashing in the market.

3. Anyone clear in its head wouldn't use it : First, he doesn't recognise any kind of manipulation of the money and the danger that there is for people keeping all their savings in fiat. I know that because I had him as a teacher too some times ago. So trying to explaining him about the fact that there is a clear war against cash and evident facts, like that that shows our money need to be converted into something viable to be protected from massive surveillance, is useless. Him not understanding that, since its the best argument I have, I couldn't have replied. When she told him about the speed of transactions, he replied "we have PayPal", so I said me that it wasn't worth to ever try explaining anything. As a final point, he said again that the sole real use that is making standing apart is that you can buy drugs on the Internet...

Again, there are any things we can buy outside of drugs. Yes there is paypal, but we are given another option here which is bitcoin

4. Bitcoin at a bigger scale would fail : I couldn't explain you much what he said because what she told me wasn't very clear so I personnally did not understood, as her I presume how confuse her explaination was. To summarize, he said that it's still a little market and that it will fail to scale and will go back to close to nothing in value.
Your teacher did not know about what bitcoin is. Sorry to tell. Yes it is still a small market but have potential to go big.

I'd like to get your feelings on that. Just call the arguments 1, 2, 3 and 4 and tell me what you would have replied back and what it does inspire you !
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:13:05 AM

How dare the teacher is to stste bitcoin as illegal. even government also havent mentioned it as illegal but the only said the bitcoin is neither legal nor illegal. it doesnt have any lawa and rules.and those eho use it for ciminial activities and illegal activities why take their example. we donate with bitcoin buy things with bitcoin with but why dont the teacher sabout these positive points. RIP those teachers.
Ronxawala

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:14:15 AM

How dare the teacher is to stste bitcoin as illegal. even government also havent mentioned it as illegal but the only said the bitcoin is neither legal nor illegal. it doesnt have any lawa and rules.and those eho use it for ciminial activities and illegal activities why take their example. we donate with bitcoin buy things with bitcoin with but why dont the teacher sabout these positive points. RIP those teachers.
Today's children in search of income for independence from parents has long been wool entire Internet for a suitable job. Some have long understood that bitcoin is very promising. Previously trained youth around the street, and now the Internet.
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:06:03 AM

The knowledge of bitcoins among the high school professors is not much I assume because they have been teaching about the traditional form of transactions throughout their career.

let's not forget the 'contribution' of the two most famous professors associated with bitcoin. there's the professor who predicted $10 btc by 2014 or something and then there's jorge stolfi, a professor who literally devotes every minute of every day trolling bitcoin around every outlet around the globe.

that ain't much of a track record for the educated.
Since no one says that there are people who understand much in cryptocurrency and all other high-tech. Just for every school in the world of these people do not have to teach young people.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀