Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:55:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Robert De Niro memorabilia.  (Read 1684 times)
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:28:00 PM

Grin
Im looking and talking to all of you. You got some stuff for me to buy?

I know user bithalo deals in signed items/photos... maybe send him a PM. Smiley

Thanks man. I sent him a message. Let's see if he reply's.

Yes,  I do have a few photos signed.  I sent them by mail roughly 20 yrs ago.  I can't tell for sure that he signed them vs a secretary so I didn't reply on this thread earlier.  I'll send pics to the OP and decide if he's interested.

The one you linked me in the pm is clearly not him who signed it. That R in Robert is the total give away.  Sorry.

Ok.  No problem.  I'll take it off my listing since you were able to check it.  Since I couldn't vouch for it being in person, I didn't post on this thread initially. 

I know and I understand. You're doing the right thing so dont feel upset. There are 1000 fakes for every real autograph out there that's collected by collectors. It can be actors or presidents, sports stars and rock stars alike. If there's money to be made on the autograph then chances are you'll find plenty more fakes then legit. I do have to say that the photo the signature was on looking great.

Thanks.  Yup, you gotta be careful buying second hand.  If the celebrity themselves didnt use an autopen or secretary, then the reseller could be forging or unknowingly buying forged autographs.  Back around 20 years ago, I used to write to some celebrities in the mail. 

I've collected some cool things like lots of hand-drawn sketches from celebrities and cartoonists.  Some original cartoon panels, scripts signed by entire casts of tv shows, and millions of other random signed things.

But the fun part was meeting celebrities in person.  I would find out what hotels that sports teams would goto while in town.  Or I would call different hotels looking for obscure people associated with rock groups knowing they would be in town, but not use assumed names.  I'd goto celebrity golf tournaments or wait at various venues.  Some fun times and some interesting stories. 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobertDeNiro (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:26:49 AM

Grin
Im looking and talking to all of you. You got some stuff for me to buy?

I know user bithalo deals in signed items/photos... maybe send him a PM. Smiley

Thanks man. I sent him a message. Let's see if he reply's.

Yes,  I do have a few photos signed.  I sent them by mail roughly 20 yrs ago.  I can't tell for sure that he signed them vs a secretary so I didn't reply on this thread earlier.  I'll send pics to the OP and decide if he's interested.

The one you linked me in the pm is clearly not him who signed it. That R in Robert is the total give away.  Sorry.

Ok.  No problem.  I'll take it off my listing since you were able to check it.  Since I couldn't vouch for it being in person, I didn't post on this thread initially. 

I know and I understand. You're doing the right thing so dont feel upset. There are 1000 fakes for every real autograph out there that's collected by collectors. It can be actors or presidents, sports stars and rock stars alike. If there's money to be made on the autograph then chances are you'll find plenty more fakes then legit. I do have to say that the photo the signature was on looking great.

Thanks.  Yup, you gotta be careful buying second hand.  If the celebrity themselves didnt use an autopen or secretary, then the reseller could be forging or unknowingly buying forged autographs.  Back around 20 years ago, I used to write to some celebrities in the mail. 

I've collected some cool things like lots of hand-drawn sketches from celebrities and cartoonists.  Some original cartoon panels, scripts signed by entire casts of tv shows, and millions of other random signed things.

But the fun part was meeting celebrities in person.  I would find out what hotels that sports teams would goto while in town.  Or I would call different hotels looking for obscure people associated with rock groups knowing they would be in town, but not use assumed names.  I'd goto celebrity golf tournaments or wait at various venues.  Some fun times and some interesting stories. 

Tha's such a cool story, what gave you the idea to write to the celebs and ask them for signatures, and while we're on that subject. Do you have any Mafia movie memorabilia that does come with a coa.

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:00:33 AM

Tha's such a cool story, what gave you the idea to write to the celebs and ask them for signatures, and while we're on that subject. Do you have any Mafia movie memorabilia that does come with a coa.

I recall there being a list of mailing address for celebrities.  I purchased that roughly 25 yrs ago, and sent to approx 200+ people.  I started off sending a 3x5 notecard and if I received something back, I would then send a 8x10 photo to get signed.  I would include a self addressed stamped envelope to return back to me to make it easy for them, if they chose to sign.  Maybe half of the people sent back things.  I did get some nice things, like a hand written full-page letter from David Bowie, with his personal phone number provided, when he tried calling me.  I'd often find out who likes to draw and send them 8x10 paper to do doodles.  I might have about 50 of those like Muhammed Ali, Mario Andretti, etc.  I would often write to cartoonists since I really like hand drawn art, and may people sent back original daily and Sunday cartoon panels.  Lots of cool things from about 20-25 years ago.

One of my things would be to send a photocopy of a hand-written letter, then fill in the blanks to make it look personal but not kill me writing to each person.

But I really enjoyed all the in-person events.  I went to the opening of the International Museum of Cartoon Art, and met many cartoonists there.  I once was asked by the Road Warriors wrestling duo to drive them to their match in my parent's station wagon when they missed their ride, met the cast of Seinfeld, many Presidents, rock groups, practically every sports team, etc...etc... good times.

Everything I got was in person with the few things in the mail.  Nothing with a official COA.  It wasnt done for profit or as a business.  I just enjoyed the experience. 

I did purchase/trade a Joe Pesci (Goodfellas) color photo.  I believe I also purchased/traded for Al Pacino (Godfather).  I dont recall if either came with a COA. 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
RobertDeNiro (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:09:13 PM

I recall there being a list of mailing address for celebrities.  I purchased that roughly 25 yrs ago, and sent to approx 200+ people.  I started off sending a 3x5 notecard and if I received something back, I would then send a 8x10 photo to get signed.  I would include a self addressed stamped envelope to return back to me to make it easy for them, if they chose to sign.  Maybe half of the people sent back things.  I did get some nice things, like a hand written full-page letter from David Bowie, with his personal phone number provided, when he tried calling me.  I'd often find out who likes to draw and send them 8x10 paper to do doodles.  I might have about 50 of those like Muhammed Ali, Mario Andretti, etc.  I would often write to cartoonists since I really like hand drawn art, and may people sent back original daily and Sunday cartoon panels.  Lots of cool things from about 20-25 years ago.

One of my things would be to send a photocopy of a hand-written letter, then fill in the blanks to make it look personal but not kill me writing to each person.

But I really enjoyed all the in-person events.  I went to the opening of the International Museum of Cartoon Art, and met many cartoonists there.  I once was asked by the Road Warriors wrestling duo to drive them to their match in my parent's station wagon when they missed their ride, met the cast of Seinfeld, many Presidents, rock groups, practically every sports team, etc...etc... good times.

Everything I got was in person with the few things in the mail.  Nothing with a official COA.  It wasnt done for profit or as a business.  I just enjoyed the experience. 

I did purchase/trade a Joe Pesci (Goodfellas) color photo.  I believe I also purchased/traded for Al Pacino (Godfather).  I dont recall if either came with a COA. 

Makes me wish I was friends with you 25 years ago.  Cheesy I would have never thought of buying a celeb address list and sending out my own cards and letters to be signed. You must have amassed quite the collection over the years. Do you have any favorite pieces that you'd never part with? I have a few of thoses, one is a autographed baseball signed by Wayne Gretzky, I know, a baseball for a hockey player, that's why its one of my favorite items, the other is a PSA DNA verified signature from Meyer Lansky which I happened to get on a fluke trip to Vegas where I met Sandra Lansky who's Meyer's daughter. She was there with the daughter of Harold Lloyd the silent film star. Anyway, those are my two favorite pieces in my collection. What are some of yours?

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:48:51 PM

Makes me wish I was friends with you 25 years ago.  Cheesy I would have never thought of buying a celeb address list and sending out my own cards and letters to be signed. You must have amassed quite the collection over the years. Do you have any favorite pieces that you'd never part with? I have a few of thoses, one is a autographed baseball signed by Wayne Gretzky, I know, a baseball for a hockey player, that's why its one of my favorite items, the other is a PSA DNA verified signature from Meyer Lansky which I happened to get on a fluke trip to Vegas where I met Sandra Lansky who's Meyer's daughter. She was there with the daughter of Harold Lloyd the silent film star. Anyway, those are my two favorite pieces in my collection. What are some of yours?

I guesstimate I have 1500 different celebrities on 8x10 photos, maybe another 500 on 3x5 index cards, maybe 10 full cast signed scripts, 50 8x10 or larger sketches, tons of original cartoon strips, 50 golf balls, 30 baseballs or other sports items, and other random things.

My favorite stuff is a program signed by the cast of Seinfeld, full scripts by the cast of Cheers, and other tv shows, record albums signed by the Rolling Stones, the Doors with J. Morrison, AC/DC, Guns & Roses.  An old letter by JFK when he was a Senator originally sent to him by my grandfather.  Lots of sketches by actors, some sketches by lots of cartoonists.  A baseball signed by the 1967 Red Sox team.  A litho signed by Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, G Sarazen, and B.Nelson.  A giant litho poster signed by 20+ HOF golfers.   A bat signed by maybe 20 HOF.   Those are some things that come to mind.

I spent most of my time (aside from school) in my college days camping out at hotels when rock groups or sports teams were in town.  I never paid for the autographs...it was just for the fun of it.

Basically, all my stuff is 20-25 years old.

I go from being a nut collecting autographs to now a nut collecting all physical bitcoins.  lol

RobertDeNiro (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:54:58 PM

I guesstimate I have 1500 different celebrities on 8x10 photos, maybe another 500 on 3x5 index cards, maybe 10 full cast signed scripts, 50 8x10 or larger sketches, tons of original cartoon strips, 50 golf balls, 30 baseballs or other sports items, and other random things.

My favorite stuff is a program signed by the cast of Seinfeld, full scripts by the cast of Cheers, and other tv shows, record albums signed by the Rolling Stones, the Doors with J. Morrison, AC/DC, Guns & Roses.  An old letter by JFK when he was a Senator originally sent to him by my grandfather.  Lots of sketches by actors, some sketches by lots of cartoonists.  A baseball signed by the 1967 Red Sox team.  A litho signed by Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, G Sarazen, and B.Nelson.  A giant litho poster signed by 20+ HOF golfers.   A bat signed by maybe 20 HOF.   Those are some things that come to mind.

I spent most of my time (aside from school) in my college days camping out at hotels when rock groups or sports teams were in town.  I never paid for the autographs...it was just for the fun of it.

I go from being a nut collecting autographs to now a nut collecting all physical bitcoins.  lol

Wow that's a super cool collection. Why don't you start a thread selling them for Bitcoin? Id be interested to read and follow that thread if you continue to put up new and interesting articles. Do you have any plans for that come 2017?

RobertDeNiro (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:56:44 PM

And still looking................

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:27:02 PM

Wow that's a super cool collection. Why don't you start a thread selling them for Bitcoin? Id be interested to read and follow that thread if you continue to put up new and interesting articles. Do you have any plans for that come 2017?

Thank you.  I appreciate your interest.

Not sure there's a market for selling autographs on this forum.   I am selling autographs & holograms for the coin makers as a tie-in to the Encyclopedia as mentioned in my sig. 

Most of the collectors in this forum are more involved in coins & bullion, which makes sense given that physical bitcoins are mostly in the form of coins, bars, and cards. 

RobertDeNiro (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:32:34 AM

Thank you.  I appreciate your interest.

Not sure there's a market for selling autographs on this forum.   I am selling autographs & holograms for the coin makers as a tie-in to the Encyclopedia as mentioned in my sig. 

Most of the collectors in this forum are more involved in coins & bullion, which makes sense given that physical bitcoins are mostly in the form of coins, bars, and cards. 

Yeah but still. Im sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in autographed memorabilia. Especially with btc prices so high, people are more willing to spend some. You should think about posting so of your stuff here for sale. You never know. Maybe I'll be your first client.

RobertDeNiro (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:55:35 PM

To
The
TOP.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: