Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore list of mass paid signature advertisement users (4200+ users)  (Read 62266 times)
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:10:51 PM

"Biggus dickus"?  Lol, never heard of that guy.  In fact, I haven't heard of most of them.  And the users I do know, I wouldn't want on ignore or already have on ignore.  So like DH's list this one is useless to me.
The one's flooding the spam are missed out.

Have you read gadman2's old posts? These are consecutive ones that look more like spam than most of the posts by signature campaigners. They don't contribute anything to discussions. Over half of them are posted in other people's trading threads, and are links to his thread selling bitcoins for paypal.

Chat with this newbie and of course he doesn't want to send first plus refuses to use escrow service. Fishy or scammy, probably both!

I said you can use PayPal " Goods and Service" choice

Doesn't matter. You're new to PayPal, yes?

Bumps.

Bumps. New thread layout.

Bumps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:18:53 PM

I just read through the first page of biggus dickus's posts, and they're not really that bad.  Funny name, yes, but his posts aren't nearly as spammy as you'd think.  This list is overbroad.
Dudeperfect

Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 06:25:42 PM

It would be great to know if you have the objection with the advertisements as a whole, signature advertisements or those low quality irritating multi-colour advertisements.

If you choose the first option, you should not forget that you are getting content for free, so advertisements with content are a part of the deal. If you are blocking advertisements, then you are breaching the terms.

If you choose the second option, then the case is same. Since I am a blogger I love to produce content and to produce more and more quality content, signature campaign plays a role of reward, and it also keeps the forum active.

If you choose the third option, I agree with you.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:25:59 PM

I just read through the first page of biggus dickus's posts, and they're not really that bad.  Funny name, yes, but his posts aren't nearly as spammy as you'd think.  This list is overbroad.
If you read the post,the list is not about being a good poster or not.As long as you have a signature in your profile,you will be on that list.You can be a absolute spammer,just don't do it with a signature ,I'm sure OP will remove you from it.
 *How to be cool on bitcointalk,Episode 1.
Pearls Before Swine

Merit: 306

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:30:43 PM

If you read the post,the list is not about being a good poster or not.As long as you have a signature in your profile,you will be on that list.You can be a absolute spammer,just don't do it with a signature ,I'm sure OP will remove you from it.
 *How to be cool on bitcointalk,Episode 1.
Oh I get it, totally.  I guess I was pointing toward the overgeneralization of the list.  In other words, as has been pointed out before,  not everyone with a signature for rent writes crappy posts.
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:48:23 PM

I see people keep creating lists which are basically copies of the very poor ignore list created by DannyHamilton where signature spammers, helpful users with paid signatures, helpful users without signatures, spammers without signatures and random users were added alike.

You may want to add users yourself or at least check the list before blindly using it. Otherwise you'll lose some useful content.

Full disclosure: I'm on those lists and that's the reason why I checked it and know for sure it's very poor. Feel free to check my posts and signature and tell me whether you agree with me.

I'm not sure why you were on the list. It may have been from the previous list I extended where the previous author noticed a like signature or believed your posts to be not useful. Regardless I removed you from my list. I'll edit the list when I get on a pc.

Maybe I'll make a day of it at some point a day re-write the list from scratch.

Maybe I'll write a script to just search for similar signatures and automatically ignore them. That will be for another day.

Has anyone found a thread to my open challenge yet?

keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:15:53 PM

Has anyone found a thread to my open challenge yet?

You mean this challenge?

Here's an open challenge:

Link me to a recent open discussion (not in the market) that has over 20 pages of replies where more than 25% of those replies DO NOT have a paid signature advertisement

Have a look at the last twenty pages of this thread and you will find less than half the replies have a paid signature. The thread's in speculation, not the market.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.321980
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:48:43 PM

Ignoring sig spammers is a good idea but ignoring everyone who is participating in a signature campaign is an extreme solution,OP should ignore only the members who are in the SMAS list IMO.
Anyway, I hope he realizes that with this desicion he is hurting his own business.
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:55:08 PM

Ignoring sig spammers is a good idea but ignoring everyone who is participating in a signature campaign is an extreme solution,OP should ignore only the members who are in the SMAS list IMO.
Anyway, I hope he realizes that with this desicion he is hurting his own business.

My thread is set to email me when a reply has been  made. As said a few times before there is no grudge against anyone in particular. It is very easy for me to unignore someone and converse as I have done with you.

hanifhadzar

Activity: 532
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:24:04 AM

where you got that list of people dude  Grin Grin Grin i have 3 account but your missed me on your list

RIP legendary
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

A mod moved the thread here thinking a discussion about the forum doesn't belong in the board for discussions about the board.

I know this thread will rattle some cages across the board. It wasn't intended to do so, but it was inevitable. I've replied to any reasonable criticism appropriately thus far and will continue to do so.

I won't let the off topic section drown the thread. There are quite literally 5 times the amount of users in this board so I will seize that opportunity and increase my aggressiveness in this personal campaign. I'll continue to add about 50 or more users per day and have set this thread to a daily scripted autobump.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 07:01:00 AM

A mod moved the thread here thinking a discussion about the forum doesn't belong in the board for discussions about the board.

Its now in the same subboard the other lists are. This is also your personal list, not the forum or its state you want to discuss here. The forum and the state its in might be the reason you created that list. If that was the topic you wanted to talk about a different topic and thread might be in order.

I know this thread will rattle some cages across the board. It wasn't intended to do so, but it was inevitable. I've replied to any reasonable criticism appropriately thus far and will continue to do so.

I won't let the off topic section drown the thread. There are quite literally 5 times the amount of users in this board so I will seize that opportunity and increase my aggressiveness in this personal campaign. I'll continue to add about 50 or more users per day and have set this thread to a daily scripted autobump.

Good luck.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:18:33 AM

Thread should be moved to META, where it belongs and sig campaigns should be stopped.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:45:33 AM

I have updated the list.

Please add yourself to the list. It is only fair since you are using your signature to advertise. You should be on the list.  Cheesy
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:55:28 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 12:08:03 PM by gadman2

I have updated the list.

Please add yourself to the list. It is only fair since you are using your signature to advertise. You should be on the list.  Cheesy

Please take note of what was said in a earlier post on this thread:

I should note that I have tried my best to not included people who have their own business (like mine) or actual personal signature. It is unfortunate that you do not recognize the difference or understand the problem, I cannot help you.

There is a very large difference between massively advertised signature campaigns (what this thread is all about) and mine -- a one of a kind signature of my own personal federally licensed and state taxed business. The bold part of the above quote is still true, if you cannot tell the difference then I cannot help you. Feel free to add me to your list if you see the need.

Since I feel your posts about the matter falls into the "simple minded hissy-fit" category, you will be ignored as well on a more personal basis. I probably won't take the time to remove you from the list on the next update.  Sorry.

0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:08:28 PM

I have updated the list.

Please add yourself to the list. It is only fair since you are using your signature to advertise. You should be on the list.  Cheesy

Please take note of what was said in a earlier post on this thread:

I should note that I have tried my best to not included people who have their own business (like mine) or actual personal signature. It is unfortunate that you do not recognize the difference or understand the problem, I cannot help you.

There is a very large difference between massively advertised signature campaigns and mine -- a one of a kind signature of my own personal federally licensed and state taxed business. The bold part of the above quote is still true, if you cannot tell the difference then I cannot help you. Feel free to add me to your list if you feel the need.

Since I feel your posts about the matter falls into the "simple minded hissy-fit" category, you will be ignored as well on a more personal basis. I probably won't take the time to remove you from the list on the next update.  Sorry.

You are the one who is having a hissy fit over people advertising in their signature. It doesn't matter if they are advertising their own service or someone elses. Just because you pay US tax doesn't make your business superior. And no I won't add you to my list of ignored users. I don't have a list. I don't censor people because of their signature and I don't block people with opinions I don't agree with.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:31:19 PM

On a personal note, i wish to add that it's a free forum (AFAIK), and you're certainly not breaking any laws by ignoring people. I respect your choice, and i even agree that at least 50% of the posts made by most signature campaign's members are spam or posts-for-money in some form.

However, i do feel that by adding so many members in your ignore list, you might end up littering the forum allmost as much as the signature-wearers you despise so much (for example: me  Grin).

In several occasions, i've seen senior/legendary members giving the same answer as was given only a couple posts earlyer. I often wondered if these individuals didn't take the time to read all responses before they replied to the thread, untill i noticed they were wearing a sig similar to yours: a cig to promote their own ignore list. So it became obvious: these users just ignored members that were giving fine answers, so they didn't realise the correct answer was already given, and they just "spammed" (for a lack of a better word) the original thread.

TBH, i haven't saved any of those post id's, nor am i in the mood to look them up...

Since it seems most of these lists are just made to one-up the previous person who posted his list, i've written a small python script that'll help you to create the master of all lists*:

Code:
import urllib2
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
import time
for counter in range(1,10000000):
        page = urllib2.urlopen('https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=' + str(counter))
        parsed_page = BeautifulSoup(page)
        x = parsed_page.head.find('title')
        print str(x)[27:-8]
        time.sleep(2)

* disclaimer: python script was written to make a point, and should NOT be executed by ANYONE... Executing this script will end up putting a big load on the forum and won't result in anything even remotely usefull!!!

To conclude: you're free to ignore whoever you want, but personally, i don't think it's a solution.

Piece out Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:04:15 PM

It amazes me how many people keep saying that gadman2 needs to add himself to the list because of his signature. I find it extremely obvious the difference between his signature and the signature campaigns he is complaining about. His is his own signature advertising his own business, he is complaining about people having an advertisement in their signature that is paid for by someone else, such as mine. If the person/business that I am advertising for had the same advertisement in their signature and no one else had it he would be ok with that.

I understand his concern, which is that same of many users. People that post nonsense just to increase their post count for the signature campaigns that pay based on the number of posts.

While reading through this thread I kept thinking about what other people were alluding to and I think mocacinno summed it up right here:

In several occasions, i've seen senior/legendary members giving the same answer as was given only a couple posts earlyer. I often wondered if these individuals didn't take the time to read all responses before they replied to the thread, untill i noticed they were wearing a sig similar to yours: a cig to promote their own ignore list. So it became obvious: these users just ignored members that were giving fine answers, so they didn't realise the correct answer was already given, and they just "spammed" (for a lack of a better word) the original thread.

And I also agree with 0xfff, I don't use ignore.

And no I won't add you to my list of ignored users. I don't have a list. I don't censor people because of their signature and I don't block people with opinions I don't agree with.

I try not to post nonsense, but go ahead and add me to your list because I am paid for my signature and because of this my opinions, statements and knowledge are not adequate. Also keep in mind, if I had been on your ignore list you would not have known to buy that Nest thermostat from me.
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:34:26 PM

I don't know, I did not go through the list and look at it. Based on the following quoted comment he is also adding people to the list for personal reasons, so maybe Rollin.io made it there that way.

But more likely he added Rollin.io because they have the same advertisement that they are paying other people to use. Or simply because they are paying people for signatures.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

-snip-
-snip-

Spam is against the rules, no matter the rank or personal ignore list. Probably best to report these users same as other spammers.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: