Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 02:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore 9 freeze  (Read 4675 times)
christiano88

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:14:42 AM

Just follow the main claymore thread and you will know why.
Paritor

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:14:54 AM

Morning,
alrady 6 out of 94 crashed, getting my self ready to get to the farm da seen whats wrong

You need to reduce the clock frequency for the crashed ones. That is what I did, they are working now, and hash more.

▄▄████████▄▄
  ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
 ▄█▀   ▄████▄   ▀█▄               ▄▄██████▄▄
▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄             ▄█▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀█▄
██     ▀████▀     ██            ▄█▀  ████  ▀█▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██            ██    ▀▀    ██
██    ████████    ██            ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ▄█▀
▀█▄  ██████████  ▄█▀             ▀█▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀████████▀ ▄█▀               ████████▀▀
  ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀               ██
    ▀▀████████▀▀██▄             ██
                 ▀██ ▄▄██████▄▄██
                   ███▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀██▄
                  ▄█▀   ████   ▀█▄
                  ██    ▀██▀    ██
                  ██    ▄▄▄▄    ██
                  ▀█▄  ██████  ▄█▀
                   ▀██▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄██▀
                     ▀▀██████▀▀
REPME

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██
TRANSPARENT LINKING & SOCIAL RECRUITING WILL
DOMINATE THE GLOBAL HR INDUSTRY
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:32:52 AM

Morning,
alrady 6 out of 94 crashed, getting my self ready to get to the farm da seen whats wrong

You need to reduce the clock frequency for the crashed ones. That is what I did, they are working now, and hash more.
I'll try that as soon as get there, but monitoring would harb because most of them crashed after ~6 hrs of work.
What cards are you using and on what clock speed ?
alrami

Activity: 92

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:27:26 PM

I use this:  CHIEFTEC A80 750W PSU.
One card consumes 120w.

Check not average, but MAX power spending
You will be surprised when you will see 250W
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:29:41 PM

Morning,

I'll try that as soon as get there, but monitoring would harb because most of them crashed after ~6 hrs of work.

seems like if x amount of cards submit a share at the same time, the power spike caused can make your psu protection kick in and shut off your rig.

twitter @antiiclimax
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:34:22 PM

Morning,

seems like if x amount of cards submit a share at the same time, the power spike caused can make your psu protection kick in and shut off your rig.
What will be the sollution for that ? I also wonder why only on this last version, on v8 they were working fine
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:59:58 PM

Morning,

What will be the sollution for that ? I also wonder why only on this last version, on v8 they were working fine

It's already been hinted at. As the mining software for Zcash nears its peak optimization the GPUs are being tasked harder and harder. At first with the initial Zcash releases the GPUs would spend very little time doing computations, that's why you could push them hard and they would still use very little power as it was like asking asking a math major to do a 2+2 calculation once every 10 minutes. Now as the optimizations roll in the GPUs are actually being taxed and the power requirements are increasing to meet this need, as well as they might start crashing when pushed to limits they previously could handle. Again asking a math major to calculate the circumference of the earth is straight-forward, but ask them to compute and sum the circumference of all the objects in the Milky-way and it gets a bit more challenging.
navydude

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:14:23 PM

http://pasteboard.co/7lPE1DwKb.png 

-This is 6 380x Not the 4xx everyone is having problems. Just posting my results.

I have one of 9 down this morning but im not 100 percent sure that i didnt cause the issue. I just forgot to check after making some changes to hardware. Been up over 22 hours still using -i 8 as well.

CoolnQuiet

Activity: 388
Merit: 288

Living the dream

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:15:19 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 05:34:29 PM by CoolnQuiet

There might be spikes, but it should be a problem for standard design cards. However, I am also experiencing this problem although I own RX480 ASUS Strix version using 8 pin power cable instead of 6 which is shipped on the standard design, and I also have a decent PSU which is Corsair 1200W (with gold certification) nevertheless, problem persists. Also -nofee 1 option is not helpful.

I have turned back to v8, and my system crashed again after 5 min. however, it was very stable on v8 till this time.  Huh
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:35:25 PM

There might be spikes, but it should be a problem for standard design cards. However, I am also experiencing this problem although I own RX480 ASUS Strix version using 8 pin power cable instead of 6 which is shipped on the standard design, and I also have a decent PSU which is Corsair 1200W (with gold certification) nevertheless, problem persists. Also -nofee 1 option is not helpful.

You will have to reduce the frequency of the core. The cores are stressed more. So it is quite unstalbe at present.
awslazlo (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:00:48 PM

I have turned back to v8, and my system crashed again after 5 min. however, it was very stable on v8 till this time.  Huh

How many rx480 card do you use in the rig?
CoolnQuiet

Activity: 388
Merit: 288

Living the dream

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:12:22 PM

just 2.
awslazlo (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:08:10 PM

just 2.

It's interesting. Can you attach please a gpuz screenshot (with the max "GPU only power draw")?
paintblack

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:31:00 PM

same problem.

like a cancer.

Altcoining

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:39:15 PM

I use this:  CHIEFTEC A80 750W PSU.
One card consumes 120w.

Check not average, but MAX power spending
You will be surprised when you will see 250W

mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:48:31 PM

Here's today's testing results.
All my cards are RX480. After updating them to V9 couple rigs stopped working. All errors were the same:
Code:
GPU 0 hangs in openCL error
except the one:
Code:
warning: solutions buf overflow, 10 > 8
but first things firs, after playing around with clocks and memory I got the speed ~220h/s but card were overheating, so I resetted wattman settings, now they hash at ~182h/s but fans and temps are stable, but they were still freezing, then I switched to stock bios, after that everything is working fine. Lets see what will happen, I hope stock bios and stable memory/clock will solve the problem.
also wanted to mention 3x RX480 8G - 330watts from the wall on V8 and 345watts from the wall on V9
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 10:22:47 PM

9 has some serious stability problems.

oh god. 8 was so much better than this. what happened?
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:24:26 PM

V9.0 has no stability issues! Your rigs do! Increase GPU voltage or lower clocks!
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:25:22 PM

I was experiencing same issues with V8 but with less rigs in total. V7 was way stable than v8 and v9

V9.0 has no stability issues! Your rigs do! Increase GPU voltage or lower clocks!
this actually helps
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:00:55 PM

I was experiencing same issues with V8 but with less rigs in total. V7 was way stable than v8 and v9

this actually helps

even a broken clock is correct two minutes out of every day Smiley

referring to the forums signal to noise ratio more rather than Preludes track record of course..

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: