Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motivate your local stores to become bitcoin exchanges!  (Read 1882 times)
anarchy (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 04:00:41 AM

'1 coffee and 50 bitcoins please'.  If we can get people on the street to get small business owners to exchange bitcoins, the effect would be amazing.
On top of that, it will also activate their stores to be paid in bitcoins by their customers.  With both persons owning a smartphone it should be a breeze.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 04:46:21 AM

Well, it takes some time for the bitcoins to confirm.  Maybe do an instant payment via Mt. Gox or mybitcoin.com and it would be instant.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 05:07:14 AM

'1 coffee and 50 bitcoins please'.  If we can get people on the street to get small business owners to exchange bitcoins, the effect would be amazing.
On top of that, it will also activate their stores to be paid in bitcoins by their customers.  With both persons owning a smartphone it should be a breeze.

Bitcoin isn't yet mature enough for that, but neither is Near Field Communcations/ Dash7 networking, which would most likely be the enabling hardware for in-person Bitcoin transactions.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
November 09, 2010, 11:32:48 AM

'1 coffee and 50 bitcoins please'.  If we can get people on the street to get small business owners to exchange bitcoins, the effect would be amazing.
On top of that, it will also activate their stores to be paid in bitcoins by their customers.  With both persons owning a smartphone it should be a breeze.

Forget it. Not even a chance.
Not gonna happen in the closest future. Maybe in few years.

Small buisnesess only adopt things after things go mainstream. Not a chance of this happening any earlier. Sure, there is an exception from every rule, so perhaps few small stores could be persuaded to accept bitcoin soon, but i seriously doubt any wider adoption.

Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 11, 2010, 02:25:56 PM

I like the idea that perhaps they could be persuaded to SELL bitcoins for CASH.
Stores like selling things.  Especially things their customers keep asking for.
And stores LOVE cash.
If they were to keep being ASKED, "Do you sell bitcoin digital currency?"  Before long they'll be seeking it out!
I know the guy who owns the convenience store in my building.  I could help him set it up.
I wonder how much his transaction fees would have to be... to make it worth it...?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 11, 2010, 02:28:03 PM

I like the idea that perhaps they could be persuaded to SELL bitcoins for CASH.
Stores like selling things.  Especially things their customers keep asking for.
And stores LOVE cash.
If they were to keep being ASKED, "Do you sell bitcoin digital currency?"  Before long they'll be seeking it out!
I know the guy who owns the convenience store in my building.  I could help him set it up.
I wonder how much his transaction fees would have to be... to make it worth it...?

But who will buy bitcoins other than you?

Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 09:47:35 PM

Yeah, that is a little premature for bitcoin as it is.

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: