Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:36:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Love Democracy?  (Read 5998 times)
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:18:38 PM

Democracy does not mean that those who rule are coming from people. Especially if country is big and if there is lot of big companies and banks. But democracy is definitely best for living.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:00:01 AM

Democracy can mean many things to many people. Heck, even some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

In my idea, democracy means that the government is coming from the people, for the people and by the people. The power emanates from the voters and that power should be used for the greater good of the people.

However, there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

As for me, I still love democracy and I hate it if someone would be curtailing my Bitcoin freedom lol.
I agree with you! I also like democracy, everyone wants to be fair in everything. You have to do the things you like, participate in social networking sites. Initially there are people who oppose bicoin but I still pursue bitcoin because it is your democracy.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

zabragoil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:39:15 PM

the concept of democracy is actually great but in my opinion real democracy doesn´t exist
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:25:05 AM

some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

Welcome to America. Only it's not state power, but corporate power. The state is in the back pocket of the major corporations.

there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

Again, welcome to America. The truth takes a back seat while comfort drives the car, and the Americans who tolerate it are the destination. Hell, some of them even give directions to make sure they get to them.

In America, the people don't understand the real power that they have. Their power over Government lies in several things:
1. Common law Court of Record;
2. Be present in court, not represented in any way;
3. 12-person jury rules in everything;
4. A claim is more powerful than a complaint;
5. The accuser is required to take the oath and get on the stand and testify against you, but if the accuser is the Unites States or a State, it can't. Government has no case.

There are more. If the people knew, there would be nothing stopping their ability to change anything through the court system.

This isn't democracy rule. This is people rule. Without understanding and using all this, the democracy rules.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:34:30 AM

Democracy can mean many things to many people. Heck, even some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

In my idea, democracy means that the government is coming from the people, for the people and by the people. The power emanates from the voters and that power should be used for the greater good of the people.

However, there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

As for me, I still love democracy and I hate it if someone would be curtailing my Bitcoin freedom lol.
I agree with you! I also like democracy, everyone wants to be fair in everything. You have to do the things you like, participate in social networking sites. Initially there are people who oppose bicoin but I still pursue bitcoin because it is your democracy.

Democracy is formally majority rule. Behind the scenes, it is Government dictatorial rule. I would rather have freedom than democracy. Only the wealthy really love democracy. The poor love freedom.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
jettaheader

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:02:53 AM

of course no, democracy is broken, maybe it worked years ago, but now it doesnt, i personally think that capitalism may work
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:13:46 AM

Democracy does not exist, only it will become available if no leaders exist in every country. But there's nothing wrong of having leaders as long as they serve well and provide good services for the people and incorruptible.
skymberloh

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:27:50 AM

i like the idea of democracy. which we people could really express our views and opinions. In this way government would hear the sentiment of people living in the society because often only the higher position has the right to say so.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:19:32 AM

Democracy Is A Front For Central Bank Rule

RT asked me if the Fed was going to raise interest rates. I answered that the purpose of low interest rates was to restore the solvency of the balance sheets of the "banks too big to fail" by raising debt prices. The lower the interest rate, the higher the prices of debt instruments. The Fed drives bond prices up by purchasing bonds, and the Fed raises interest rates by selling bonds, or by purchasing fewer of them than previously.

I told RT that a real increase in interest rates would undercut the Fed's policy of rescuing the balance sheets of the big banks whose balance sheets were loaded up with bad debt that desperately needed a rise in debt prices for the banks to remain solvent.

When shortly thereafter the Fed raised the overnight funds rate, it blew my credibility with RT. RT did not understand that real interest rates had not increased. Indeed, two days after the "rate increase" the nominal interest rate had not changed. It was still 18 basis points. The announced rate had gone from the old range of zero to 25 basis points to a new range of 25 basis points to 50 basis points. The former max was the current minimum.

Read more at http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/06/19/democracy-front-central-bank-rule/.

Cool

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:55:58 AM

some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

Welcome to America. Only it's not state power, but corporate power. The state is in the back pocket of the major corporations.

there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

Again, welcome to America. The truth takes a back seat while comfort drives the car, and the Americans who tolerate it are the destination. Hell, some of them even give directions to make sure they get to them.

During the post-World War II reconstruction period in Europe, corporatism was favoured by Christian democrats (often under the influence of Catholic social teaching), national conservatives, and social democrats in opposition to liberal capitalism. This type of corporatism became unfashionable but revived again in the 1960s and 1970s as "neo-corporatism" in response to the new economic threat of recession-inflation.

Neo-corporatism favoured economic tripartism which involved strong labour unions, employers' unions, and governments that cooperated as "social partners" to negotiate and manage a national economy. Social corporatist systems instituted in Europe after World War II include the ordoliberal system of the social market economy in Germany, the social partnership in Ireland, the polder model in the Netherlands (although arguably the polder model already was present at the end of the First World War, it was not until after WW II that a social service system gained foothold there), the concertation system in Italy, the Rhine model in Switzerland and the Benelux countries, and the Nordic model in Scandinavia.

Attempts in the United States to create neo-corporatist capital-labor arrangements were unsuccessfully advocated by Gary Hart and Michael Dukakis in the 1980s. Robert Reich as U.S. Secretary of Labor during the Clinton administration promoted neo-corporatist reforms.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:41:18 AM

I've never liked democracy, it could never satisfy people because it gives them the right to speak about it and think they can have any influence on it. It could have worked back in the time when there was far less people in the country/society, but now not so much.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:56:52 PM

Yes, still love democracy. It has been proven to be the most effective system of governance thus far.

Unfortunately, there will be some leaders who abuse the notion of democracy. I think the key is to have robust safeguards in the system to prevent such abuses of power.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:47:19 AM

Democracy does not mean that those who rule are coming from people. Especially if country is big and if there is lot of big companies and banks. But democracy is definitely best for living.
I should agree, but the another weakness of democracy is having non-educated, fake-news believer co-nation, just like my country lot of my county men are gullible to believe in fake news.
seojp

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Yes Because democracy is the best form of government everybody has a freedom. Freedom of speech,  freedom of expression and all forms of freedom. But Too much freedom will cause crime and corruption that is why We need to balance the strict and the freedom to achieve that we need to discipline ourselves.
friscomuted

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:07:14 AM

I love democrat system, modern democracy is just not what it was originally for. It's a shame.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:08:55 PM

Well, to me it seems that most of the countries which claim to be democratic are run by corporate interests nowadays. I like the idea of democracy but I'm not sure if it's being implemented anywhere right now.
The world democracy, is the one I like. But that was before, because the officials of our government for the past 30years they abused it. Ad they always said that our country was  under a democracy rules but the truth is not. And right now, we are under in federalism which I saw that we are in the tract to this system now.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:02:38 AM

Democracy is a good thing. I am still thankful that democracy happened. Though I know Govenment and having a President as a ruler still means manipulation atleast we still have a freedom to voice out and let people agree or disagree with it. Thoughts are shared and we learn more from it. Like I said, it is a good thing, people should just use it more wisely. If people think less about themselves all the time, maybe it would be a better place. If I may add, when I said "less about themselves" I am not saying give your food to others and starve. I'm just saying no selfishness and I hope those who are in need don't get spoiled upon recieving and JUST recieving.
zhuiyi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:00:56 AM

Democracy is relative, for me, the United States is a relatively democratic country, because I am from China Roll Eyes
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:23:15 AM

Democracy is a bad sistem. The vote of Beethoven or Schopenhauer can't have the same importance than the vote of a drunk person. People who understand about politics shoud decide what is the better for the nation if this don't happen media and secret societies will manipulate people.
PS: in the ancient Greek democracy slaves didn't vote.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:17:43 AM

Democracy is a bad sistem. The vote of Beethoven or Schopenhauer can't have the same importance than the vote of a drunk person. People who understand about politics shoud decide what is the better for the nation if this don't happen media and secret societies will manipulate people.
PS: in the ancient Greek democracy slaves didn't vote.
I have a question for you how will you determine who a slave and have no voice, and who is not a slave and their voice matter? If you are so familiar with the story, you should know that under such a system there is always the danger of a slave rebellion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: