Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up real solomining and going back to solomining on p2pool  (Read 10937 times)
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 04:32:16 PM

Found my first block on p2pool!

Phew, that was an unlucky one for sure.
https://blockchain.info/block-index/1442263/0000000000000000024f24ac1bdbdab45e676d1e08e62c0d249897df73ef67bb

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 06:21:51 PM

Hey PublicP2Pool node.

I'm currently running a test node on some old hardware here

http://81.131.94.77:9332/static/

I should have a decent rack server come Tue / Wed this week that can go into the Server room at work with my Miners on the same sub net in the same building.

I want my own node to mine to (approx 34 th/s) but I'll also make this a public node.
I have a much better internet connection at work (leased line) and faster routers and switch.

If I need a little help with trimming the settings on the node any chances you can offer me some help please?

I'll work through the P2Pool guide on the forum first but would appreciate any help to get me up and running.
I'm kind of hoping that running my own node next to the Miners should take my latency really low, but then I need to trim bitcoind and P2Pool to get the shares out quick before they orphan.

Nice amount of hash you keep chucking at the pool by the way!

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:40:30 AM

Looks like your node is running good as it is.

No incoming connections though. Are you forwarding your port?

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 08:49:20 AM

Looks like your node is running good as it is.

Yes, ive got 8333, 9332 and 9333 open in the fire wall and port forwarded straight to the box.
Ive been reading and working through the post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0
Just wont accept any incoming connections.
Ive also passed --max-conns 10 --outgoing-conns 6 over to P2Pool but it never seems to connect more than 4 during running.

Thanks for taking a look, I did some more adjustments yesterday dinner time which seem to have improved on the node.
Pretty much now I might as well wait until the new server arrives and I can get it loaded and running at the office.
This node is pretty much just a learning curve.

Thanks again!

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 12:14:22 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 01:25:06 PM by flameruk

Hmm, feel an idiot somehow 9333 got lost in iptables.
Ive corrected this so hopefully 9333 should be open to the network now.

EDIT
Yes, getting incoming connections now.

in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

My pleasure... I ran p2pool nodes for a few years Smiley.

You can use them in conjunction with each other... like:
Code:
BTCADDRESS+13500/100000000

The "+" is for your stats.  There are a number of old threads where the value of using it is debated.  My opinion is that it only helps smooth out hash rate graphs on the node.  The lower you set it, the more "pseudo shares" the node recognizes as valid work, and the smoother your hash rate appears on the graphs.  Those lower diff shares don't get added to the share chain (unless of course they satisfy the share chain diff).  The downside of this is that you are flooding the node with a whole boatload of useless information. 

The "/" actually helps the node for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.
Ummm, so what is the technical difference between the + and /?

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 04:02:40 PM

My pleasure... I ran p2pool nodes for a few years Smiley.

You can use them in conjunction with each other... like:
Code:
BTCADDRESS+13500/100000000

The "+" is for your stats.  There are a number of old threads where the value of using it is debated.  My opinion is that it only helps smooth out hash rate graphs on the node.  The lower you set it, the more "pseudo shares" the node recognizes as valid work, and the smoother your hash rate appears on the graphs.  Those lower diff shares don't get added to the share chain (unless of course they satisfy the share chain diff).  The downside of this is that you are flooding the node with a whole boatload of useless information. 

The "/" actually helps the node for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.
Ummm, so what is the technical difference between the + and /?
The "+" is pseudo shares.  The node will accept shares at this difficulty from your miners.  The lower the value, the smoother the hash rate graphs become.  No value otherwise, and increases the network traffic.  Basically, you are overriding the variable difficulty set by the node with your own static difficulty setting.
The "/" is share chain shares.  The node will only submit shares to the chain at the given value or higher.  Even if a share meets the minimum share difficulty, the node won't submit it unless it also meets the target difficulty set by you.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:25:20 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 09:06:24 PM by PublicP2poolNode

The Battle of Thermopylae

It's going to be a bloodbath!

I changed my strategy this morning, wish me and everyone else on p2pool luck!

I allocated enough to mine to each of my 10 addresses with 300th each, or 3ph total for approximately 24hours.

Be warned if your mining on any other pool besides p2pool over the next 24 hours! That is ten army's of Spartans you'll have to deal with otherwise!

Come join us, or be defeated lol

tubexc

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:58:19 PM

Good effort
But I think it will be a drop in the ocean.
I hope I'm wrong  Roll Eyes
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 05:09:05 PM by PublicP2poolNode

Good effort
I hope I'm wrong  Roll Eyes
Unfortunately you were right, but luckily a few hours after my rentals ended someone else found a block Smiley

https://blockchain.info/block-height/443907

ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 07:28:20 PM by ZedZedNova

Good effort
I hope I'm wrong  Roll Eyes
Unfortunately you were right, but luckily a few hours after my rentals ended someone else found a block Smiley

https://blockchain.info/block-height/443907

which is showing as orphaned Block is good.  Cheesy

edit: changed block state

No mining at the moment.
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:04:55 PM

Don't scare me like that zed   Wink

I did post the wrong block anyways, lol
https://blockchain.info/block-height/446585

in2tactics

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:28:11 PM

The "+" is pseudo shares.  The node will accept shares at this difficulty from your miners.  The lower the value, the smoother the hash rate graphs become.  No value otherwise, and increases the network traffic.  Basically, you are overriding the variable difficulty set by the node with your own static difficulty setting.
The "/" is share chain shares.  The node will only submit shares to the chain at the given value or higher.  Even if a share meets the minimum share difficulty, the node won't submit it unless it also meets the target difficulty set by you.
I have been using the + option on my S7-LN miners for several months now. I found that without a constant share difficulty, I would get a cold board that would stop hashing every few hours. I am not really sure why the variable share difficulty was causing the board temperatures to fall below 52C, but now it only happens every few weeks.

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:44:18 AM

Wow zed! You've been kicking ass finding shares the last day, extremely good luck! Now hopefully p2pool finds a block while all those shares are still valid in the sharechain!  Grin

ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

Wow zed! You've been kicking ass finding shares the last day, extremely good luck! Now hopefully p2pool finds a block while all those shares are still valid in the sharechain!  Grin

Yes, it would seem that the S7LN likes the +4096 I added to my btc address. It settled right down and has been happily hashing away. Aside from a pre-snowstorm power outage yesterday by my local power company, all has been well.

I live in North Carolina and they are forecasting 7-12 inches of snow to fall by the time the storm ends tomorrow (saturday, so I guess that means later today given what time I am posting this on the east coast). In North Carolina anything more than a dusting causes mayhem and panic. I grew up in Massachusetts and lived in New Hampshire for a few years so snow doesn't bother me. Native North Carolinians? Well, this:
http://abc11.com/archive/9430947/

Cheers,

- zed

No mining at the moment.
flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 01:54:39 PM

Yes, it would seem that the S7LN likes the +4096 I added to my btc address. It settled right down and has been happily hashing away. Aside from a pre-snowstorm power outage yesterday by my local power company, all has been well.

I live in North Carolina and they are forecasting 7-12 inches of snow to fall by the time the storm ends tomorrow (saturday, so I guess that means later today given what time I am posting this on the east coast). In North Carolina anything more than a dusting causes mayhem and panic. I grew up in Massachusetts and lived in New Hampshire for a few years so snow doesn't bother me. Native North Carolinians? Well, this:

Cheers,

- zed

Any suggestion for a + figure for an S7 and an S9.

I finally got my new node running on a pretty quick rack server, and its sitting on an Ethernet leased line at work, rather than my crappy home broadband.
Im still tweaking at the moment and the node restarts start the miners off from scratch again so a + figure (or method to work it out) would be appreciated.

Got a domain name as well now so take a look or give it a try (latency dependent) i guess.  ukp2pool.uk:9332

in2tactics

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:12:54 PM

I finally got my new node running on a pretty quick rack server, and its sitting on an Ethernet leased line at work, rather than my crappy home broadband.
Im still tweaking at the moment and the node restarts start the miners off from scratch again so a + figure (or method to work it out) would be appreciated.

Got a domain name as well now so take a look or give it a try (latency dependent) i guess.  ukp2pool.uk:9332
I personally use +2048 on my S7-LN. I would use around +4096 for an S7 and +8192 for an S9. You could easily bump those up to +8192 and +16384 respectively and everything would be fine as well.

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 02:16:35 PM

Got a domain name as well now so take a look or give it a try (latency dependent) i guess.  ukp2pool.uk:9332
I personally use +2048 on my S7-LN. I would use around +4096 for an S7 and +8192 for an S9. You could easily bump those up to +8192 and +16384 respectively and everything would be fine as well.

Thank you very much sir.
Ill bash these in now and see what happens.

I cant get my head around the + thing just yet .......

flameruk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 03:26:18 PM

OK so I finally figured it out in my head.

On my Antminer Status Pages.
My S7's had settled after 3 hours at 9.15K Diff, with the actual being 9152 over on the Right Hand side, LSDiff box.
My S9's had settled after 3 hours at 16.4K Diff, with the actual being 16384 over on the Right Hand side, LSDiff box.

Im sure that LSDiff is the difficulty last sent to the miner by the pool.

So for now I simply went +9152 on the S7's and +16384 on the S9's.
On a restart they get straight down to business at 9.15K and 16.4K respectively.

Ill see how this affects things over the next couple of hours.

So as in2tactics suggested, those upper figures are sweet.
Thanks again.

PublicP2poolNode (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:16:54 PM

Cheers,

- zed

Wow! Yeah, they definately don't know how to drive in snow!  Shocked

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: