Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any place to gamble IF the Mayweather vs McGregor fight will happen?  (Read 6762 times)
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:55:19 AM

@thejaytiesto. The point is not about who is at fault here. It is more about the fans being tricked into thinking that this will be a real super fight. Knowing Floyd Mayweather's style it will be going in there and win by points then he goes out and gets his money. Conor might try to knock him out bit it will still end up in a lackluster performance. Pacquaio will be a better match up for Conor if you want to see fireworks in my opinion.

Pacquiao vs Connor would be more exciting because both of them have an aggressive style and known to have powers on their left hand(southpaw) so for casual fans this is better than watching Mayweather ran around the ring and not engaging Connor and won simply by decision if they ever fight. I love the trash talk going on between Mayweather and Connor though, but if ever they face in the ring, it will be a different story.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:36:35 AM

@joshy23. All the trash talking is only that. Trash. It will make the whole affair more interesting to the fans who follow it. They are creating significance even when there is none. Maybe Floyd and Conor should start an altcoin. They are both good at scamming people. Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:12:39 PM

@thejaytiesto. The point is not about who is at fault here. It is more about the fans being tricked into thinking that this will be a real super fight. Knowing Floyd Mayweather's style it will be going in there and win by points then he goes out and gets his money. Conor might try to knock him out bit it will still end up in a lackluster performance. Pacquaio will be a better match up for Conor if you want to see fireworks in my opinion.

Pacquiao vs Connor would be more exciting because both of them have an aggressive style and known to have powers on their left hand(southpaw) so for casual fans this is better than watching Mayweather ran around the ring and not engaging Connor and won simply by decision if they ever fight. I love the trash talk going on between Mayweather and Connor though, but if ever they face in the ring, it will be a different story.

Pacquiao is not as exciting because he is undefeated. Most likely Pacquiao would win... and there is always the small possibility Connor wins.

Similarly, Mayweather will likely win, but, in the small % of Connor winning, it would be such a massive historic event. If Mayweather gets unlucky and loses his entire legacy I would be worry the guy commits suicide or something.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:14:22 AM

@thejaytiesto. Undefeated does not mean anything if the fighter cannot do a good and entertaining performance. A fight versus Floyd will be boring I am sure of it. Conor will be chasing him around the ring and nothing. A fight with Pacquaio will be full if action and I do not think the Irishman will last in the ring against him. That would be a real fight not like what both Floyd and Conor are hustling right now. That fight might be only for show to take our money.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:08:37 PM

@thejaytiesto. Undefeated does not mean anything if the fighter cannot do a good and entertaining performance. A fight versus Floyd will be boring I am sure of it. Conor will be chasing him around the ring and nothing. A fight with Pacquaio will be full if action and I do not think the Irishman will last in the ring against him. That would be a real fight not like what both Floyd and Conor are hustling right now. That fight might be only for show to take our money.

Undefeated means 49 other men tried to defeat him and nobody could do it. Mayweather has had exciting performances. When he was young he was a complete package: Fast, one of the best defenses every and knockout power.

Of course as he got older he didn't have the same amount of power and just uses his jab and pushes it to 12 rounds, but its the other fighter duty to to find weak points and nobody can outsmart Floyd.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:48:30 AM

Yes that is why I said that Conor versus Floyd might be boring fight. This will be like Manny Pacquiao versus Mayweather fight. Overhyped, overpriced and very boring. What can we expect from a boxer whose main objective is to not lose rather than win?

Conor versus Pacquaio will be all action and I speculate that we could see Conor eating Pacman's flurries and fall.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:51:34 PM

The excitement is indeed in seeing Mayweather gamble with his entire legacy... Pacquiao is not undefeated, so if he loses it would be as shocking.

Chances are both Mayweather and Pacquiao will kick Conor's ass, Mayweather can still be aggressive if he bothers, look at the Canelo fight.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:05:57 PM

The excitement is indeed in seeing Mayweather gamble with his entire legacy... Pacquiao is not undefeated, so if he loses it would be as shocking.

Chances are both Mayweather and Pacquiao will kick Conor's ass, Mayweather can still be aggressive if he bothers, look at the Canelo fight.

well most likely if this fight pushes through it would be pure boxing, something which is highly in favor of mayweather. i have high respects for connor and for what he can do, but mayweather's technical boxing skill is far beyond what connor can handle. i would love to see this happen though and i'll be rooting for connor, but i don't see him making a lot of damage to floyd

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:37:36 PM

well most likely if this fight pushes through it would be pure boxing, something which is highly in favor of mayweather. i have high respects for connor and for what he can do, but mayweather's technical boxing skill is far beyond what connor can handle. i would love to see this happen though and i'll be rooting for connor, but i don't see him making a lot of damage to floyd

Conor can get hurt by Floyd badly, people that think just because Mayweather is defensive it will be him running and Conor not taking any punishement are getting it wrong. A repeated amount of jabs to the head can damage you badly. Jabs that are not thrown with a lot of power, may not be fatal a couple of times, but if you are not a profesional, it can KO you, so Conor is not safe from a KO since he is far from a boxing pro.

But Conor can get lucky and get a KO... that makes the fight exciting.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:44:37 AM

That will be used to hype the fight, which will assuredly be over hyped. They will say Floyd is gambling with his legacy and a little of this and a little of that but truly the fight will be one of the most boring fights in the history of boxing. What kind of legacy is that? We have seen that happen in the fight versus Manny Pacquaio. The crowd felt cheated.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:21:17 AM

That will be used to hype the fight, which will assuredly be over hyped. They will say Floyd is gambling with his legacy and a little of this and a little of that but truly the fight will be one of the most boring fights in the history of boxing. What kind of legacy is that? We have seen that happen in the fight versus Manny Pacquaio. The crowd felt cheated.
Yeah i agree , there's no new things in Mayweather fights . Its like we are not interested anymore , i feel like i know what will going to happen inside the ring .His gambling with his legacy is not truly unbelievable as we see and it will only disappoint the mood of most of the watchers .
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:57:43 PM

New videos on this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iibTRaLBQE

I think it will happen eventually, they are just pumping the fight with videos and instagram posta and all that shit to get as much people interested a possible. It's like they are pumping an altcoin with hype, then when the hype is at all time highs they will dump the altcoin for bitcoin. Classic move Cheesy
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:41:13 AM

I read an article that mentioned Freddie Roach thinks the fight between Conor and Floyd could happen. He also said that he is willing to train Conor if the Irishman wants to. With a top boxing coach interested in training Conor now I am intrigued. Maybe it could really happen.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:28:47 PM

I read an article that mentioned Freddie Roach thinks the fight between Conor and Floyd could happen. He also said that he is willing to train Conor if the Irishman wants to. With a top boxing coach interested in training Conor now I am intrigued. Maybe it could really happen.

It's obvious that the fight will happen now, so we are going to be seeing a lot of this back and forth.. it's called marketing. They will announce the final deal probably this year during Xmas, and the fight will happen in 2018, probably first quarter, second quarter latest... and it will be a success, highest selling fight ever easily, it's the ultimate business for everyone involved.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

We all know the possibilities of that happening.The sad part is,the fights will be booked,players will paid to lose.The loser would be offered more money.This is how the scene works,everyone wants their pockets to be full.That fight won't determine who the actual winner is.If you have watched Southpaw you may know how these things go around.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:18:27 AM

We all know the possibilities of that happening.The sad part is,the fights will be booked,players will paid to lose.The loser would be offered more money.This is how the scene works,everyone wants their pockets to be full.That fight won't determine who the actual winner is.If you have watched Southpaw you may know how these things go around.

Are you saying Mayweather doesn't care if he losses and he is only for the money?
Same goes for McGregor...

Competitive guys that reach big things take too much pride on their craft. Sure they want to get paid, but they HATE lossing, which means they will not fuck around and they will try their best to win, there is no doubt about that in my mind. No amount of money can bribe these 2 super competitive guys. Maybe some guy that wasn't undefeated and near retirement and didn't care, but that's not the case for both fighters. It will be a real and competitive fight.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:30:05 AM

@pereira4. That brings me back to what I have been saying in this thread. This fight will be so boring just like the Pacquiao versus Mayweather fight. Floyd hates losing and is doing this for the money. He is a hustler. So we will see him avoid getting hit all night in all rounds while Conor ineffectively chases him around.

The winner will be Floyd because of points of course.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:07:43 PM

For me, watching Floyd Mayweather box is never boring, maybe is because I do some boxing myself and know the details of the sport. What he does is extremely difficult... but yes, I can understand that casual fans only want to see huge guys with massive KO power like Mike Tyson and George Foreman.

It is still a very interesting fight to see because of its oddity of 2 mixed sports for the casuals so we will see. I just hope it happens so I can make easy money again thanks to Floyd since he should win.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:23:51 PM

For me, watching Floyd Mayweather box is never boring, maybe is because I do some boxing myself and know the details of the sport. What he does is extremely difficult... but yes, I can understand that casual fans only want to see huge guys with massive KO power like Mike Tyson and George Foreman.

It is still a very interesting fight to see because of its oddity of 2 mixed sports for the casuals so we will see. I just hope it happens so I can make easy money again thanks to Floyd since he should win.

No doubt. Floyd will win this win. He will be too defensive for as Connor will be having a hard time hitting him. But casual fans or not I think we still love to see 2 fighters slugging it out and not to tactical or defensive game. But yes, this is easy money to bet to and I don't think the odds will be in Connor. So Floyd will be the betting favorite here if even they face each other on the ring.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:28:54 PM

@pereira4. That brings me back to what I have been saying in this thread. This fight will be so boring just like the Pacquiao versus Mayweather fight. Floyd hates losing and is doing this for the money. He is a hustler. So we will see him avoid getting hit all night in all rounds while Conor ineffectively chases him around.

The winner will be Floyd because of points of course.

It all comes down to a potential KO.
Im sure that if the fight goes into 12 rounds, and Floyd does his usual defensive routine until the end, but then Conor suddenly lucks out with a great punch that KO's Floyd in the 12 round, nobody will say it was boring... but if there is no final KO, people will say it was boring.

Non hardcore boxing fans only care about KO indeed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: