Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a BitCoin Mining Rig  (Read 2766 times)
Jordsie669 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:50:14 AM

Hey, if I want to build or buy a mining rig...
What's the best ASIC or FGPA?
And where could I safely buy a Mining Rig? I know that Butterfly Labs is a SCAM!
And if I want to build my own, where could I get the parts and is there a guide or something?
And I've heard that LiteCoins pay out x4 the amount than BitCoins, so why shouldn't everybody switch to LiteCoin?

Well, that was a lot of questions at once!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voidale

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:00:03 AM

ASIC is the best, Where to buy I don't really know. Looking for it too Smiley because it's always limited stock so really hard to get... To build your own I think it will be hard. BTC is the main currency and worth much more than LiteCoins. It's easier to get but worth less Smiley
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:13:03 AM

ASIC is the best, Where to buy I don't really know. Looking for it too Smiley because it's always limited stock so really hard to get... To build your own I think it will be hard. BTC is the main currency and worth much more than LiteCoins. It's easier to get but worth less Smiley

So if I get it right, for example:
I'll mine BitCoins 1 hour: earned 1 BitCoin> Value=100USD
I'll mine LiteCoins 1 hour: earned 4 LiteCoins> Value= 100USD

So I guess that it evens out?

Now I still want to know about buying and building BitCoin Miners with ASIC Hardware??
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:00:56 PM

Now I still want to know about buying and building BitCoin Miners with ASIC Hardware??

BUMP!  Grin
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

Why isn't anyone replying?  Sad
BUMP!
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

I know that Butterfly Labs is a SCAM!

Oh? You have some sort of supernatural information source that nobody else does? How do you *know* BFL is a scam? Share your sources.

You don't know which is better, ASIC or FPGA, but somehow you *know* that BFL is a scam?

The bitcointalk.org community awaits enlightenment at your feet, Master of BFL Knowledge. Fill up our empty vessel from the font of your bitcoin wisdom, O Guru of the Unknowable.

Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:32:31 PM

Oh? You have some sort of supernatural information source that nobody else does? How do you *know* BFL is a scam? Share your sources.

You don't know which is better, ASIC or FPGA, but somehow you *know* that BFL is a scam?

The bitcointalk.org community awaits enlightenment at your feet, Master of BFL Knowledge. Fill up our empty vessel from the font of your bitcoin wisdom, O Guru of the Unknowable.

Well, please don't be so brutal. And I have that information from these forums!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

And I still want to know about buying and building BitCoin Miners with ASIC Hardware?? So can anyone please help?
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:29:40 PM

Well, please don't be so brutal. And I have that information from these forums!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

And I still want to know about buying and building BitCoin Miners with ASIC Hardware?? So can anyone please help?

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:37:39 PM

Why isn't anyone replying?  Sad
BUMP!

Perhaps no one knows the answer?
cbad

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:40:38 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 07:03:16 PM by cbad

User btc-e.com to get spot rates for LTC.  They also do BTC/LTC conversions.

As for ASICs, your best bet is to wait for another Avalon batch as they're the only people actually shipping ASICs.  Building one yourself will take some type of electrical and software engineering know-how since ASICminer, BFL, and Avalon are basically making these computers from scratch for the very specific purpose of mining.  The technology isn't as refined nor has the history of say GPUs for example.

EDIT - Meant to say Avalon is the only company shipping ASICs right now.  I don't think BFL is a scam but you can tell they are not ran by a business savvy person and they don't have their shit together on the business side.  I'm imagining it's a bunch of geeks getting together to capitalize on a business opportunity.
13Charlie

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:45:25 PM

Nobody is replying because there is no answer to that question.
There are 3 companies that make ASIC's for Bitcoin mining

Avalon - SOLD OUT batches 1, 2 & 3 - This means that you can't buy one until they decide to make more
ASIC Miner - Mining with their equipment, not selling it - This also means that you can't buy one
BFL - Taking their sweet ass time - You can buy one, but have to wait in line for it with the 1,000's of other people that have pre-ordered

Those are your current choices.

EDIT - You can't build your own ASIC rig either

No signature necessary
greyhaze

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:59:45 PM

its not so easy to buy one,unless you are willing to pay way over the odds.
NetcodePool

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

I doubt you will be able to get one.    Like it was mentioned... its more profitable for these companies to just turn their asics on and mine themselves.   Litecoin is where its at now!   Small gpu miners are being squeezed out of btc.

netcodepool.org
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:29:50 PM

Why can't I build my own ASIC rig? And how could I build a good non-asic mining rig?
And where could I buy a non-ASIC miner?
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

Why can't I build my own ASIC rig? And how could I build a good non-asic mining rig?

You can, but... you need specialized hardware and software to program and ASIC. then you need to design a circuit board to support the ASIC chip.
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:07:32 PM

You can, but... you need specialized hardware and software to program and ASIC. then you need to design a circuit board to support the ASIC chip.

How the questions about the non-asic stuff above?
13Charlie

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:11:44 PM

Why can't I build my own ASIC rig?
ASIC = Application Specific Integrated Circuit - Because it takes a special ASIC chip. Can you design and build a CPU chip?
And how could I build a good non-asic mining rig?
Click HERE
Plenty of forum posts on that already too.
Dunno

No signature necessary
Jordsie669 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:15:59 PM

Still no answers to this...
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:16:26 PM

there are a number of posts on building GPU based miners in the mining section. FPGAs have the same problem as ASICs.

The thing is with cost of equipment to mine growing rapidly, most feel that buying on speculation is more profitable than mining.. basically it sounds like the days of indiviuals mining will soon pass and it will be left to those willing to make large cash investments.
Cavaliernino

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

Nobody is replying because there is no answer to that question.
There are 3 companies that make ASIC's for Bitcoin mining

Avalon - SOLD OUT batches 1, 2 & 3 - This means that you can't buy one until they decide to make more
ASIC Miner - Mining with their equipment, not selling it - This also means that you can't buy one
BFL - Taking their sweet ass time - You can buy one, but have to wait in line for it with the 1,000's of other people that have pre-ordered

Those are your current choices.

So, if I cannot build an ASIC miner on my own, there is anybody who knows if some of those three companies is looking for funding to get a bigger production? Undecided

BFL waiting line is 4 months or more? Huh

Greetings!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: