Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you security test/monitor your site with?  (Read 645 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

Hey!

Do you have someone to review your site from security viewpoint or do you use automated software to do it for you?

If the previous, where do you find this person? If the latter, what software would you recommend?

Let us turn this into a discussion so please attach your arguments too!

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 02:13:44 AM

Qualys and Tenable are vulnerability detection platforms that work very well. However, once you get through the basics, you need someone to go through code and doing some application security protection as well. The guys from Coalfire are fantastic, but very expensive, you can find qualified people on Upwork as well for a cheaper rate, but still qualified.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 03:48:49 PM

you should check the Kali project, it is used to test/monitor the security of websites, it comes with full tools for auditing the security and for penetration testing, you even have  hundreds of exploits that can be used, i generally use it for DDOS testing, database penetration, XSS, shell injection ...
Great tool with loads of tutorials, but you shall have a VirtualMachine on your computer because it is an OS.
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:31:47 AM

Qualys and Tenable are vulnerability detection platforms that work very well. However, once you get through the basics, you need someone to go through code and doing some application security protection as well. The guys from Coalfire are fantastic, but very expensive, you can find qualified people on Upwork as well for a cheaper rate, but still qualified.

You will not get excellent coders from upwork.

small websites can start with https://sucuri.net/
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:23:40 PM

you should check the Kali project, it is used to test/monitor the security of websites, it comes with full tools for auditing the security and for penetration testing, you even have  hundreds of exploits that can be used, i generally use it for DDOS testing, database penetration, XSS, shell injection ...
Great tool with loads of tutorials, but you shall have a VirtualMachine on your computer because it is an OS.

Do you mean kali linux?
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:29:10 PM

Do you mean kali linux?

He meant probably using KALI pen-testing tools to scan websites against vulnerabilities.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:27:17 AM

Sucuri.net is actually a really good resource. I haven't had problems with them so far
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:10:29 AM

Thank you for your suggestion! So, to start I could do basic security testing myself. I know Kali Linux a bit. It truly has an amazing set of tools. I have not used Qualys and Tenable yet, but according to their sites, they seem great too. What are the major advantages of Qualys, Tenable and Kali compared to each other? Or should I use more than one platform in the same time?

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 02:44:48 PM

I mean Kali-linux, it is a complete OS made for security testing, full of several softwares (open source and paid) who lets you audit your website, but it is reserved only to experienced users, you may also use it to learn but it will be difficult, even if there is a lot of tutorials on the web. The thing is that you have so much possibilities that you don't really from where you should start, you can test for DOS MIM SQLI BF ... it is a complete set, and i better like to use rather then pay for a useless or incomplete tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: