Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever exchanged BTC face to face?  (Read 8306 times)
drakker

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:41:00 PM

i didn't see anyone mentioning this so i do it here;
for all of those who are interested in selling bitcoin face to face or have done it already i suggest reading this article story about a guy who was robbed in New York at gun point after he sells bitcoin to a shady person face to face:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-stolen-new-york-gunpoint-robbery/

and this is not the only one you can search for more stories that has happened so far:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+seller+robbed+at+gunpoint

so be careful and try doing the trade in a public place or even a police station and if it was possible take someone with you.

Yes I agree with you specially if the person you might want to face to face is not familiar to you or you know that person online. Better to do it online if you dont know the person. Nowadays even online has many scammers to get your money fast. How much more when you do it face to face. Its easy for them to manipulate you if your life is in danger.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:33:10 PM

Due to low craze for Bitcoin in my area, I haven't exchanged Bitcoins face to face, but yup its growing, so I believe I will do that in very near future.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:47:08 PM

I've been using BTC for a while. I've been using it at exchanges, to trade altcoins and to order goods over the Internet, but I've never exchanged BTC with someone in front of me. At a store or between friends, or family. This despite having had long conversations about BTC with various kinds of people, and attending a few meetups.

Who has exchanged BTC F2F?

Yes already have some experienced exchanging (buy and sell) bitcoins to other persons in real life and in contact. This was done when I first attend a bitcoin meetups held at the center of our business district. Then selling actions followed at those to my selected places. Also Im handling my own connection so that I won't connect to public network just to be safe although odds are low of having such trouble experience over public network.

Buy and Sell can considered as options of good earning opportunity here in our country since local exchangers here have a high margin between buy and sell rate of the current bitcoin price.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Foref1982

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:12:23 PM

No I have not tried that till now as nowadays it is much hard to find a person in your area who will use bitcoin and if someone will use they will be at the same level as you. In my place only some of my friends are using bitcoins but I have not tried yet with them. In the future it will not be any issue when everyone will have bitcoins.

Isn't LocalBitcoins supposed to solve that issue? I thought no one would deal with BTC in my area until I found some traders in LocalBitcoins who wrote they would and had very good reputation too. I'm just saying there may be more BTC traders around you than what you could see for first sight, if you search the right source.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:35:16 PM

I haven't exchanged Bitcoins face to face yet, because it is hard to find someone who knows about Bitcoin and uses it, and it is not really popular in my country so it makes it worse. Even if there were someone I would exchange only if it is a friend of mine or someone from my family, I would not like to exchange with a stranger face to face.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:17:03 PM

Only to friends and family. I got no interest in meeting a stranger down a dark alley and waving my phone at him or her. That don't sound like the future of money to me.

Hahaha, rolling on the fucking floor laughing!!  Yeah, I agree. If that's the future of money I'd rather start trading beaver pelts for food like my ancestors did. At least they all carried a gun and could defend themselves.

countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 11:56:29 PM

Only to friends and family. I got no interest in meeting a stranger down a dark alley and waving my phone at him or her. That don't sound like the future of money to me.

Haven't thought of that. Don't you do cash transactions with other individuals? I do. Several times each year. Buying old cars, or car parts.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:19:54 AM

Not yet,  I don't think about it sell or buy bitcoin face to face no need to do that because we can buy or sell it via internet
no need to go from home, but that's good idea if we can buy or sell it face to face no need long time to wait the transaction but I think it's not efficient for busy peoples who's not have time to do it
raaajlucky

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:23:19 AM

Not yet,  I don't think about it sell or buy bitcoin face to face no need to do that because we can buy or sell it via internet
no need to go from home, but that's good idea if we can buy or sell it face to face no need long time to wait the transaction but I think it's not effisience for busy peoples who's not have time to do it
I think there is no option like this face to face BTC exchange. I never did this, and I did not found any person that they can buy bitcoin face to face in my country. We have the only solution how to use btc is we have to spend in gambling, and we have to sell it for a third party company.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:21:16 AM

Not yet,  I don't think about it sell or buy bitcoin face to face no need to do that because we can buy or sell it via internet
no need to go from home, but that's good idea if we can buy or sell it face to face no need long time to wait the transaction but I think it's not effisience for busy peoples who's not have time to do it
I think there is no option like this face to face BTC exchange. I never did this, and I did not found any person that they can buy bitcoin face to face in my country. We have the only solution how to use btc is we have to spend in gambling, and we have to sell it for a third party company.
I have tried buying bitcoin meeting physically with the transacting party, usually I just buy from my office mate once I ran out of bitcoin due to gambling. It is easy if you trust a person and if what you did is legitimate, but volume of my purchase is from my local exchange because my friend sometimes ran out with bitcoin also as we are losers in gambling.lol

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

No, I've not. I was told if you want to exchange Bitcoin face to face that you should bring along either gun or small knife in case of any unforeseen circumstances

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:39:16 AM

No, I've not. I was told if you want to exchange Bitcoin face to face that you should bring along either gun or small knife in case of any unforeseen circumstances

Yeah, that's a good decision. I wanted to buy something online but instead ended up a felon serving life in prison for murder. Good call. LOL

MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:25:30 AM

I've been using BTC for a while. I've been using it at exchanges, to trade altcoins and to order goods over the Internet, but I've never exchanged BTC with someone in front of me. At a store or between friends, or family. This despite having had long conversations about BTC with various kinds of people, and attending a few meetups.

not yet . this is specially from bitcoin can transaction but not meet live and this is make easy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:41:57 AM

I have not experience that yet,because it is easy to exchange bitcoin to our local currency I'm lucky when I get back to trading there are a lot of registered exchange in our country ready to exchange bitcoin to local fiat and those services are automated and 24 hours service so there is no need for a face to face exchange.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:46:27 AM

i am selling bitcoin with face to face with my friends and i do it this for twice in at least one months ago and i really like it, because we can make relationship with our friends. beside that, we can feel safe when we make a deal with someone with face to face.
I have never exchanged Bitcoin face to face other than with my friends. Whenever I have bought Bitcoin, it has been online off an exchange or other people. I dislike trading face to face as it quite dangerous if the other guy tries to rob you. That is unless you are the one selling the Bitcoin.
tardi

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

I have sold bitcoin to people at meetups. I have bought physical stuff (face to face) using bitcoin an son on. Smiley
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:57:03 AM

i am selling bitcoin with face to face with my friends and i do it this for twice in at least one months ago and i really like it, because we can make relationship with our friends. beside that, we can feel safe when we make a deal with someone with face to face.
I have never exchanged Bitcoin face to face other than with my friends. Whenever I have bought Bitcoin, it has been online off an exchange or other people. I dislike trading face to face as it quite dangerous if the other guy tries to rob you. That is unless you are the one selling the Bitcoin.
Face to face trading is really risky especially when you are transacting huge amounts of bitcoin. Chances of being robbed by someone is high since people are different. Bad intentions do really happen since we are talking about money. In my case i do only buy bitcoin through online and its better and quiet safer as long you buy on the reputable sites.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Foref1982

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:03:11 PM

Face to face trading is really risky especially when you are transacting huge amounts of bitcoin. Chances of being robbed by someone is high since people are different. Bad intentions do really happen since we are talking about money. In my case i do only buy bitcoin through online and its better and quiet safer as long you buy on the reputable sites.

The amount is an important factor to consider, thank you for pointing this out! AFAIK there were cases when dealing in real life someone robbed his partner. I think, there's an amount where it doesn't worth for anyone to risk a real life robbery at a public place, but after a certain limit you cannot imagine how dangerous people can be and in real life, you're there with your real life. That's an important thing that you're risking.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:13:19 PM

i think face to face trading is not risky if you are doing it with your friends or neighbors, i personally never do face to face trading as i never feel th nee and i think here in my area there are very little number of people who know about bitcoin.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:15:03 AM

I havent never exchanged any single coin face to face, i had used whatapp to trade with local buyers and sellers, nothing besides those, nowadays i dont believe its required to get any transaction with bitcoin taking such risk, since the other person can try to scam and steal your money. Even knowing people that does those business does like to be exposed and has a reputation to increase and keep, for me i would consider it as a risk transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: