Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:53:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever exchanged BTC face to face?  (Read 8310 times)
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:54:49 PM

Yes, I have done 1 time of my life. There is a local exchange in my city and I was very surprised that they do have bitcoin exchange. And not only bitcoin, they have some other kinds of cryptocurrencies too. And the first time I convert my bitcoin to cash was at that place
Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

yes i always exchange my BTC face to face because in online exchange have many types of scammers. face to face exchange is safe and secure transaction
before some months i exchange my bitcoin and they never back my money.

This comment made me confused for a second lol. There are various of legit exchangers over the internet, I bet you even have one locally. If you mean exchanging p2p over the internet then that would be a risky move unless you hire someone to escrow your transactions. On the other hand, it does not have a security guarantee when you exchange Bitcoin with someone face to face. Do you know the risks of exchanging with somone face to face?  Specially to strangers? Its risking not only your asset, but your life as well.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:45:11 PM

No I have not!  From those who had,  I learnt that is risky and dangerous. When it comes to money truly  you may not be able to predict accurately why other people's behaviour is!

ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

yea i was the first custmer for my friend and vice versa in the crypto world LOL

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:18:46 PM

Do you know the risks of exchanging with somone face to face?  Specially to strangers? Its risking not only your asset, but your life as well.

That was the first thing I was thinking about when I read his post. Based on that I think it's safe to say that he has never actually done any F2F trades. You firstly don't know what tainted coins you are buying, and secondly, with crypto being such a hot item in the last years, criminals have actually made it their main priority to rob people off their coins or fiat when dealing F2F. In the last few months there have been various robberies that made it to the news, and I am sure that this is only the beginning. The higher the prices goes up in the coming years, the more of a target people become. What makes things even worse is that some people are stupid enough to boast about their profits and holdings....
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

No I have not!  From those who had,  I learnt that is risky and dangerous. When it comes to money truly  you may not be able to predict accurately why other people's behaviour is!
maybe it's greed, because every person when he starts working with money, his behavior changes completely and in different situations people act quite differently. today the community of crypto currency users is very small to be able to meet the same user for face-to-face exchange.
Jack353

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:55:03 PM

I have exchanged BTC in person a few times. It has always gone very well and the other party has always been very professional and polite. I have, however, only ever been the seller and have only ever accepted cash as a form of payment.

If you ever decide to exchange f2f, I strongly recommend meeting at a restaurant - or cafe - to avoid a VERY awkward 30 minutes while the transaction confirms (learned that the hard way). Also, only use cash or instantly claimable gift cards (like Amazon or Itunes) to avoid charge-backs.

Other than that, f2f exchanges are a great way to get your cash or BTC immediately - just be careful and always meet in a comfortable public place.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:37:09 AM

yea i was the first custmer for my friend and vice versa in the crypto world LOL
This way, you wouldn’t have earned some good experience. Because we are often not so businessmen when we deal with our family members or friends or relatives etc. we have to keep them away from this business thing and trading. You wouldn’t be earning money good money when you deal with such people. So better is get way as saying goes, there wouldn’t be any known person in dealings.
fenzuijk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:48:22 AM

This is difficult. In most countries, Bitcoin has not yet been popularized. Even if many developed countries are all trading online, how can they use an electronic currency to trade face-to-face like cash? It's a bit weird.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:07:09 PM

I did it, because the government takes extra fee when i send money in my card from any crypto exchange. we have created a group of traders within the country and we are helping each other, if anyone needs to exchange crypto or cash.
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 02:21:09 PM

I have never had BTC exchange one on one. Generally, we know its risky doing it and that's why a lot of us prefer dealing online to one on one exchange. It could lead to robbery if one is not careful.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:34:19 AM

This is difficult. In most countries, Bitcoin has not yet been popularized. Even if many developed countries are all trading online, how can they use an electronic currency to trade face-to-face like cash? It's a bit weird.
It would be really bit awkward to transfer bitcoin to someone’s account by meeting them because this currency is supposed to reduce distances for making deals and doing transactions. But yeah, it is not that bad. If the person who is receiver is near you and you are transferring a big number of bitcoin, you may meet him and transfer amount. This is going to reduce the risk for getting scammed as well.
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:38:05 PM

of course not, because in my city where I live, I know not too many people know about bitcoin or vice versa, but maybe it seems like I've transacted bitcoin with my friend when he tried to withdraw but his account is still in trouble

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:52:23 PM

yes i always exchange my BTC face to face because in online exchange have many types of scammers. face to face exchange is safe and secure transaction
before some months i exchange my bitcoin and they never back my money.

This comment made me confused for a second lol. There are various of legit exchangers over the internet, I bet you even have one locally. If you mean exchanging p2p over the internet then that would be a risky move unless you hire someone to escrow your transactions. On the other hand, it does not have a security guarantee when you exchange Bitcoin with someone face to face. Do you know the risks of exchanging with somone face to face?  Specially to strangers? Its risking not only your asset, but your life as well.
This is the risk involved when we do make p2p transactions into strangers we wont even know if they are legit or just totally have those criminal minds to take out those coins from you.Ive seen some do make this but only to known people but if you are transacting into random ones then better not to proceed without any caution specially when you transact on bigger amounts and as being said you are not only risking out your assets but also your life too. Exchagers are way more safer on my side.

CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:56:22 PM

I exchanged BTC and ETH face to face several times but only with friends and with people I know. Some of them are mining and do not familiar with Exchanges and do not want to pay the fees etc.
And also some friends  wanted to buy Bitcoin and ETH and were not educated that time to do it themselves, so I helped them.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

I exchanged it when I needed to exchange it for fiat money, exchanged from people who are engaged in this for a long time, you can say they have an exchange office

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:57:09 PM

yes i always exchange my bitcoin face to face because of scam. before i sell my bitcoin on local exchange and when some one done scam my money from that time i always exchange my bitcoin with trusted and a person i meet with them face to face for exchange my bitcoin.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:49:27 AM

currently I have never done bitcoin exchange directly face to face, I used to use bitcoin only for long distance transactions, while for close-up face to face I have never used bitcoin for transactions.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:54:01 AM

currently I have never done bitcoin exchange directly face to face, I used to use bitcoin only for long distance transactions, while for close-up face to face I have never used bitcoin for transactions.

I already experience exchanging BTC face to face because I demonstrate it to my friend how amazing the technology is. I am the one who taught him about bitcoin and I assisted him in making a wallet and how to send it so I send him bitcoin and he paid me fiat for it. It may not happen often now but I believe later on when there would be mass adoption then there would be more transactions that will happen face to face. Nowadays when there are big transactions happening then it would be better to do it face to face to avoid being defrauded or cheated.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
josephmarks

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:20:38 AM

I've been using BTC for a long time. I have been using it at exchanges on the internet or to trade altcoins and to order goods online, but I've never exchanged BTC with anyone in front of me. At a market or between friends, or family. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: