Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Daily Bitcoin Show is now Let's Talk Bitcoin! Released Saturday & Tuesday  (Read 7508 times)
mindtomatter (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:28:00 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 05:23:39 PM by mindtomatter

We're back! Some new hosts added to the mix, Paul has left the team, and we've got better content than ever in the 1:06 pilot episode, enjoy!

New Official Thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185945.msg1926051#msg1926051

Let's Talk Bitcoin! is a show for users new and old of Cryptocurrencies and the current king of them all, Bitcoin!   Episodes will range from 45 minutes to an hour, and include news, analysis and original interviews.  

Listen to Episode 1 now
Temporary Website: letstalkbitcoin.tumblr.com/
Permanent Website: www.letstalkbitcoin.com

Send Listener Questions, Feedback, plus offers to help the cause and join our team to adam@mindtomatter.org

Each episode takes about 10 hours to produce, please support the show if you like what we're doing.
1HwZhGBjASLNQ5Y8W6TgViL9HEJaCh

Hosts:
Adam B. Levine
Stephanie Murphy, PhD
Andreas M. Antonopoulos

Subscribe/Podcast/RSS Feed Here

Episode 001 - Pilot
  • Coming up on today's Show - US Exchange Bitfloor forced shut, Can Exchanges Even Exist in the US?
  • What is FinCen, and Why it's the biggest threat to Bitcoin with Bradley Jansen of OpenBanking.org
  • Listener Question: Why don't people sell Bitcoins for Credit Cards or Paypal?
  • It's all about Perspective when we break down switching from Bitcoins to Milli-Bitcoins
  • Butterfly Labs: a tale of Promises Broken & the Lesson of dealing with volatile currencies.
  • Is Mining Causing global warming?  Andreas Takes on Krugman and brings the heat.
  • Correspondent Farzod Hashemi tells us about burying treasure with your mind.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:22:25 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 03:36:07 PM by stereotype

Very good. I listened from start to finish and was engaged for pretty much all of it.

Funny thing is, i was communicating with a business owner on here recently, about the idea of a Radio Show, although mine would have been live.
I hope this can develop into a segmented package of guests, competitions, phone-ins, news, events, information, and even bitcoin adverts, maybe!

I will be listening again. Good luck with this.
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:27:00 PM

Hi Stereotype,
We're radio-safe edited and the shows are available for commercial rebroadcasting. 

This is the first of several shows we're rolling out, and this is the least produced.  By next week we should have music bumpers, a better intro, etc.   I'm actively looking for collaborators so if this is an area of interest for you please email me at adam@mindtomatter.org

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:17:44 PM

Very much enjoyed the show, looking forward to the next one  Smiley

BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:18:28 PM

Just today in the shower I was thinking "someone should start a good bitcoin podcast".  Thanks for reading my thoughts and making it a reality Smiley

A daily BTC seems to be a bit too much to me but I hope you can make it work with that format and wish you nothing but success.

Will update with my thoughts on the episode after listening.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:37:37 PM

It's a shorter show than I've done in the past - 30 to 45 minutes daily

We're also working on a weekly show which has some really neat things I don't want to give away until we get the funding sorted, but it will be audio/video

Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:51:25 PM

great show
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

Truly great. Looking forward to next one. I am already hooked.  Cheesy
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:57:37 PM

Thanks everyone!  We're getting ready to record episode 2 in the next half hour, Might be out tonight, might be out tomorrow morning depending on how things go. 

Should I make a new post for each episode?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:01:43 PM

Thanks everyone!  We're getting ready to record episode 2 in the next half hour, Might be out tonight, might be out tomorrow morning depending on how things go. 

Should I make a new post for each episode?

Yes; keep us updated in this thread whenever you add another one.  You should also change the thread title Smiley

BitcoinGirl325

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:47:58 PM

Great first show!! Two suggestions:
1. Make it weekly instead of daily.
2. Please add it to Stitcher Radio: that's the app we use to listen to all our podcasts.
Thanks, and keep up the great work!

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:34:44 AM

2. Please add it to Stitcher Radio: that's the app we use to listen to all our podcasts.

I'm curious to why you'd want weekly instead of daily?   We're planning on having a weekly show also, but the focus will be more on new users and introducing new ideas into the bitcoin ecosystem.

I will add it to sticher radio, I have an unreal backlog of things to do - The editing schedule for these early daily shows is absolutely brutal.   If I was paying myself, we'd be broke.

BitcoinGirl325

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:53:18 AM

I'm curious to why you'd want weekly instead of daily?   We're planning on having a weekly show also, but the focus will be more on new users and introducing new ideas into the bitcoin ecosystem.

I will add it to sticher radio, I have an unreal backlog of things to do - The editing schedule for these early daily shows is absolutely brutal.   If I was paying myself, we'd be broke.

Two reasons to make it weekly:

1. For you. So you don't burn out by having to produce a daily show with new content every single day. Your editing schedule is already brutal. Doing a podcast is such a huge task to conquer every single day. Plus, you can build up a much greater variety of topics by waiting to collect a week's worth of the most important & most exciting news about Bitcoin.

2. For us. A weekly show is more special & more newsworthy than a daily show. If it's a daily show, by necessity, we'll only be able to catch "some" of the episodes, because we just don't have enough time in the day to squeeze in an extra 30-45 minutes every single day. If it's a weekly show, it becomes a real event that we can schedule around and look forward to.

Just my two cents! Either way, great job with the first episode! Smiley

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:00:41 AM

I'm curious to why you'd want weekly instead of daily?   We're planning on having a weekly show also, but the focus will be more on new users and introducing new ideas into the bitcoin ecosystem.

I will add it to sticher radio, I have an unreal backlog of things to do - The editing schedule for these early daily shows is absolutely brutal.   If I was paying myself, we'd be broke.

Two reasons to make it weekly:

1. For you. So you don't burn out by having to produce a daily show with new content every single day. Your editing schedule is already brutal. Doing a podcast is such a huge task to conquer every single day. Plus, you can build up a much greater variety of topics by waiting to collect a week's worth of the most important & most exciting news about Bitcoin.

2. For us. A weekly show is more special & more newsworthy than a daily show. If it's a daily show, by necessity, we'll only be able to catch "some" of the episodes, because we just don't have enough time in the day to squeeze in an extra 30-45 minutes every single day. If it's a weekly show, it becomes a real event that we can schedule around and look forward to.

Just my two cents! Either way, great job with the first episode! Smiley

+1

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Killdozer

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:04:34 AM

Yes, this should definitely be weekly. There just aren't that many news in the bitcoin world. Well sure, perhaps 2 last weeks with the price rally and all that, but not otherwise. I would hate to tune into your show a month from now and listen to pointless "fillers" which you will have to do because there won't be any legitimate news every day.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:29:04 AM

Listening atm, great show, but I would also agree with a weekly show for the reasons stated by BitcoinGirl325.

middlemarkal

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:11:47 AM

great show liked it a lot

merci beau travail  Grin

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Dangolbery

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:17:11 AM

Listened to it all. Good job.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:33:34 AM

Finished listening, great show.  I liked some of the 'debates' you guys had if you want to call them that. some things i agreed with and some things i didn't but that's the beauty of a roundtable discussion.  I'm looking forward to the next epsiode and future ones to come.

I agree with others though that a daily podcast is probably too much. However, if you can pull it off and that's what you guys want to do then that's amazing and by all means do it.  I just feel like 1) it will burn you guys out  and 2) after a couple months worth of episodes what will there really be to still talk about, especially if bitcoin stabalizes a bit and the media frenzy dies down.

Maybe play around with that, maybe try once a week and see how it goes,  or twice a week, or 3 times a week.

Do you guys have a twitter account?  That's usually how i follow my favorite podcasts to stay up to date on whats going on. Also it's an AMAZING way to create larger fan base.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:41:05 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 06:32:41 AM by marcus_of_augustus

Maybe twice a week? Wed. Sat.?

Edit: actually after listening to the casual chat format (I liked it) maybe daily is possible (speaking from a listener's perspective this is). The grind of pumping it out might get to you but that is your call obviously.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: