Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Daily Bitcoin Show is now Let's Talk Bitcoin! Released Saturday & Tuesday  (Read 7508 times)
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:59:21 PM

When episode 6 will be out?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindtomatter (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 09:45:47 PM

After we recorded episode 6 it became obvious that the schedule I've set for us is not sustainable with the amount of staff we have working on the project.

I'm catching up on my sleep (which I have not been doing much of with the daily schedule) and we're discussing internally what release frequency we will return with.   

We should have an answer by the end of the week, we're taking our time on this as some of my decisions leading up to this point have been made in such a rush as to be detrimental.

Sorry for the disruption in service, I want to be able to do the show for a long time and because of that it needs to be sustainable.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:39:38 PM

My suggestion is to start out with a weekly show, and as your efficiency and man-power increase, increase the frequency.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 11:01:20 PM

Yes just once or twice a week is fine. Just make sure the shows are longer so we have enough content to last us through the week.

Frozenlock

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:16:42 PM

So... can I haz episode 6?  Tongue
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:53:43 PM

fyi, we are doing a WEEKLY bitcoin podcast since about half a year.. it is currently in german, though, and we did a shoutout to the daily bitcoin Smiley don't disappoint us and keep throwing out these great episodes.

you can check it out at http://bitcoinupdate.com

we are in a continous process of making it more professional. once we reach a level we are confident with, we will actively promote it..
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:29:08 AM

Glad to hear you guys will be able to catch up on some rest.

If the shows are less frequent it would be a nice treat if each episode was a little longer. After 30 minutes I'm always left craving more Smiley

Can't wait to hear the next show.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
bitbadger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:47:37 AM

After we recorded episode 6 it became obvious that the schedule I've set for us is not sustainable with the amount of staff we have working on the project.
I think a weekly show is ideal, it means there aren't too many shows people have to download for a short space of time in order to keep up with the subject theme.

Also each individual show will get more exposure being a weekly.

Weekly also makes more sense from the production side.

I think it's a great opportunity and plenty of demand for this, so it should be a real hit.

re the point someone made about wanting the show to be longer,

it's always better to get down from the table still a little hungry.

ps. was interesting listening to the market commentary on the day just before the crash and then comparing with the day after the crash and hearing the different views. Hindsight is everything...
2x0ninja

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:36:38 AM

To maintain the daily nature of the show you could do brief news and update shows and a longer weekly discussion segment.
Frozenlock

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

Was episode 6 cancelled? I believed it was already recorded.
bitbadger

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:50:24 AM

I like it a lot.

But the intro/outro/bumpers... I think you could just say "Ok, and now in today's news"

Also I find the editing a bit unsettling.
Are you editing between sentences, or are you all just talking very very fast?

Anyhow, those are very minor issues.
Waiting for today's episode!  Grin

I don't like listening to audio where normal speech pauses have been removed, just to shave one or two seconds off at each point. 

It's ok to remove excessive um's, ahhs, coughs etc and redundant sentences, that's polished professional editing, but closing up normal speech gaps makes it sound plastic and stilted. It's like kind of GM genetically modified audio or something. They're messing with the food in the 21st century. Please don't mess with the audio as well.

You might as well speed it up and have the interviewer and interviewee talk like chipmunks, that would enable even more to be crammed into the available space.

If you want to save space, cut down the intro and remove the shouting/screeching bumpers as well. They jar on the nerves!

NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:28:00 AM

Quality, not quantity
How about a brief top ten news items, then some indepth discussion to follow.
Can't wait.
mindtomatter (OP)

Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 01:11:10 PM

I like it a lot.

But the intro/outro/bumpers... I think you could just say "Ok, and now in today's news"

Also I find the editing a bit unsettling.
Are you editing between sentences, or are you all just talking very very fast?

Anyhow, those are very minor issues.
Waiting for today's episode!  Grin

I don't like listening to audio where normal speech pauses have been removed, just to shave one or two seconds off at each point. 

It's ok to remove excessive um's, ahhs, coughs etc and redundant sentences, that's polished professional editing, but closing up normal speech gaps makes it sound plastic and stilted. It's like kind of GM genetically modified audio or something. They're messing with the food in the 21st century. Please don't mess with the audio as well.

You might as well speed it up and have the interviewer and interviewee talk like chipmunks, that would enable even more to be crammed into the available space.

If you want to save space, cut down the intro and remove the shouting/screeching bumpers as well. They jar on the nerves!

Space saving has never been the problem, the reason why sometimes the audio sounds clipped is because some hosts use quite a lot of "filler" speech.  I generically refer to this as the "umms and ahhs" but it's actually quite a bit more, and it's not only a lot of time but it adds nothing to the listener experience.     When there is no gap between filler and content as is often the case, I err on the side of slightly clipping rather than allowing a little bit of the prior word.

But all that aside, the editing should get less frequent and better moving to a non-daily.   Update coming today, show returns beginning of the week.

Was episode 6 cancelled? I believed it was already recorded.
It is, half the content was requested pulled by the interview subject after he got cold feet, the other half requires editing but could be released.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
msweb

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:13:50 PM

Didn't read all the replies. Downloaded all 5 (right now available) episodes and am listening to the first one. I already can say: Great job guys. Very professional and objective. Great show for newbies and also for advanced 'coiners'. To take this further on I think you guys might have to be a guest on shows like 'Coast To Coast AM' from time to time to help people step by step understand a little bit more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies at all.

Next development steps to go (I'm working on the designs):
1. A decentralized cryptoexchange protocol
2. A cryptocoin with a fix USD/Coin rate
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: