Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 06:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why to make multiple accounts ??  (Read 2373 times)
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:58:33 PM

The *only* reason why a signature campaign manager might utilize and enforce a one person one account rule is to farm/build trust.

I can think of another reason... They don't want 1 person owning 10 accounts, spamming the same stuff over and over again and not getting much exposure or much variance in their posts / post timing. (Lol. Fortunejack anyone???)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:03:54 PM

How come using multiple accounts is cheating? Let's drop the account farming and signatures for a second here.
Read my posts before responding:

I said for me. There are some valid reasons to have at least 1 alt. My sanity limit would be around 2-3 max (on a case-by-case basis). Others may have differentiating views regarding this.
This includes the reasons that you've mentioned.

False. If you are using multiple accounts in the same signature campaign then you are still making the same number of posts with an advertisement underneath it as if you were using a single account. If a company is paying for 50 posts in a month then that is what they will get regardless of how many accounts are used in the process.
Two accounts (same person) x 50 posts per account in (e.g. Bitmixer) = 50 posts total. QS Math.

The *only* reason why a signature campaign manager might utilize and enforce a one person one account rule is to farm/build trust.
Roll Eyes
If a company is paying for 50 posts then there is no reason to expect more posts then that. If a company is paying one person to make 50 post on each of two accounts then they will pay for 100 posts and will also receive 100 posts. If the person only has one account enrolled in the signature campaign then it should not be expected that they will make a single post above what is expected of them.

Why don't you give a single explanation as to why you want no alts in a campaign that doesn't involve trust farming? And involves properly screening participants.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:07:58 PM

I can think of another reason... They don't want 1 person owning 10 accounts, spamming the same stuff over and over again and not getting much exposure or much variance in their posts / post timing. (Lol. Fortunejack anyone???)
That is a lack of screening of participants. If one person is posting a bunch of spam-like posts, then there is no reason why any of them should get accepted into the campaign. Regarding variance in post timing (I really don't think there is value to this), someone with multiple accounts will not make all their posts at the same time, and I have never seen any requirements regarding posting times so this is really a moot issue.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:12:44 PM

If a company is paying for 50 posts then there is no reason to expect more posts then that. If a company is paying one person to make 50 post on each of two accounts then they will pay for 100 posts and will also receive 100 posts. If the person only has one account enrolled in the signature campaign then it should not be expected that they will make a single post above what is expected of them.
A company is paying for X posts per user. However, said company can not know whether user is abusing their campaign by using multiple accounts. Due to this, they will pay out all of their accounts (unless someone exposes the alts in question).

Why don't you give a single explanation as to why you want no alts in a campaign that doesn't involve trust farming? And involves properly screening participants.
Which campaign? FYI I'm completely against alts being enrolled in any signature campaign (if user already has 1 account enrolled somewhere).

That is a lack of screening of participants. If one person is posting a bunch of spam-like posts, then there is no reason why any of them should get accepted into the campaign.
It is well known that some campaigns either have no process/management (e.g. Bitmixer in the past) or have a very bad evaluation/review process.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:23:37 PM

A company is paying for X posts per user. However, said company can not know whether user is abusing their campaign by using multiple accounts. Due to this, they will pay out all of their accounts (unless someone exposes the alts in question).

Which campaign? FYI I'm completely against alts being enrolled in any signature campaign (if user already has 1 account enrolled somewhere).

That is a lack of screening of participants. If one person is posting a bunch of spam-like posts, then there is no reason why any of them should get accepted into the campaign.
It is well known that some campaigns either have no process/management (e.g. Bitmixer in the past) or have a very bad evaluation/review process.
The only real point you made is that a company is paying a maximum amount per user. However this is for budging purposes and it serves no other purpose when looked at on a per account basis.

It is well known that some campaigns either have no process/management (e.g. Bitmixer in the past) or have a very bad evaluation/review process
This is the fault of the company for having a bad screening process. The solution is for the company to use a better screening process that excludes those who will make poor quality posts.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:33:50 PM

The only real point you made is that a company is paying a maximum amount per user. However this is for budging purposes and it serves no other purpose when looked at on a per account basis.
Why it is bad to allow people to enroll with multiple accounts (in the same or different signature campaigns) has probably been discussed heavily in several threads. Simply put, one is 'incentivized' to post much more than they can handle (in 'constructive' way). This leads to a consistent drop in their posting quality which has a detrimental effect on the forum. We've surely seen a lot of useful posts in threads such as "If you had X Bitcoin, what would you do?".

This is the fault of the company for having a bad screening process. The solution is for the company to use a better screening process that excludes those who will make poor quality posts.
I think you should ask for an username change to QuickColumbus.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1101

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:36:52 PM

I've been reading this Quickseller vs Lauda argument and just wanted to point out that you seem to be talking about two different problems here. One is joining multiple signature campaigns with your alts, which IMO should be allowed, since this is not banned according to forum rules or even the rules made by signature campaign owners. If you want to ban it, an administrator should add it to the rules. Giving people negative trust just for having two accounts in two different signature campaigns unfair in my opinion.
Farming a signature campaign is a bit different, because it's usually against the campaign rules, so a person doing it is cheating the manager and deserves a negative rating from him.
That leaves us with some questions: What if the manager allows to farm his campaign with alt accounts? What if he carefully reads posts and kicks spammers? There are always people who post a lot, because they have nothing better to do.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 09:16:24 PM

I've been reading this Quickseller vs Lauda argument and just wanted to point out that you seem to be talking about two different problems here. One is joining multiple signature campaigns with your alts, which IMO should be allowed,

If we consider the fact that there's a posting quota for signature campaigns, then we can consider that over all the campaigns, the posting quality in general for the user is inversely proportional to the amount of alts that are registered in campaigns. Say you have 50 posts to make in the month vs 500 posts to make in the month. Do you really think that someone replying will be able to pump out such a massive amount with the same amount of post quality (given that it was high) as a user who would only need to post 50 times?

Farming a signature campaign is a bit different, because it's usually against the campaign rules, so a person doing it is cheating the manager and deserves a negative rating from him.

Slightly different but it doesn't change much - the user is still participating in signature campaigns with multiple accounts and the post quality declines accordingly. It matters not whether it affects a single campaign or multiple campaigns (in fact you would prefer for it to be a single campaign since you could source all the spam to it and request them to be stricter) since the overall quality of the forum still goes down.

That leaves us with some questions: What if the manager allows to farm his campaign with alt accounts? What if he carefully reads posts and kicks spammers? There are always people who post a lot, because they have nothing better to do.
Perhaps so, but if they have that amount of time, then they can actually contribute to the discussion with useful information instead of recycled bullshit like in the spam megathreads with 40+ pages of quotes and agreement quotes.

ex.

<other spam here>
yes I agree with <general statement> because <same thing as was quoted; worded slightly differently>

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:31:13 AM

Why it is bad to allow people to enroll with multiple accounts (in the same or different signature campaigns) has probably been discussed heavily in several threads. Simply put, one is 'incentivized' to post much more than they can handle (in 'constructive' way). This leads to a consistent drop in their posting quality which has a detrimental effect on the forum. We've surely seen a lot of useful posts in threads such as "If you had X Bitcoin, what would you do?".

I think you should ask for an username change to QuickColumbus.
So in other words, you know what is best for other people, and as a result you will create regulations in order to force people into doing what you "know" is best.

You have still not given an explanation why alts should not be allowed in signature campaigns that does not involve you farming trust, and does not involve the campaign manager to do a better job in screening applicants. The campaign manager should exclude potential participants that will make lower quality posts despite incentives to make more posts.

Additionally, the majority of campaigns do not have rules against having one account in one campaign and another account in a second campaign, both owned by the same person, making your point further moot. In this situation, the incentives to make more posts are still there.

Also Lauda, unlike you, I do not resort to making immature personal attacks, and trolling those I feel are vulnerable in order to try to get those debating with me to stop responding to my comments.

Farming a signature campaign is a bit different, because it's usually against the campaign rules,
This is an arbitrary rule that serves no business purpose. If a business is paying 0.1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month (or during a month), and if 100 posts are made during that month, then it does not make a difference if two people made those posts, or if one person across two accounts made those posts, as the company is receiving the same exposure.

Using a "fixed rate" signature campaign also makes much more sense then starting a "pay per post" signature campaign as the company will know exactly how much they will spend on signature advertising, and will generally know how much exposure they will receive. For example if a company uses a "pay per post" signature campaign, then everyone might not make the maximum number of posts, resulting in less exposure then anticipated, and if the company tires to guess the average number of posts each participant will make, and is wrong, then the company may end up going over budget. If one person takes up two spots in a "fixed rate" signature campaign, then the company will spend the same amount of money in exchange for the same amount of advertising as if two people were taking up two spots.

I've been reading this Quickseller vs Lauda argument and just wanted to point out that you seem to be talking about two different problems here. One is joining multiple signature campaigns with your alts, which IMO should be allowed,

If we consider the fact that there's a posting quota for signature campaigns, then we can consider that over all the campaigns, the posting quality in general for the user is inversely proportional to the amount of alts that are registered in campaigns. Say you have 50 posts to make in the month vs 500 posts to make in the month. Do you really think that someone replying will be able to pump out such a massive amount with the same amount of post quality (given that it was high) as a user who would only need to post 50 times?
This is a participant screening issue. If someone is making 2,000 posts per month, and is unable to make quality posts, then this should be apparent in each of their alts' posting history. I see no reason to assume that someone making 2,000 posts in a month will not be making quality posts.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:20:49 PM

Answer is very simple.Creating multiple account is for cheating purpose only. They are scammers. Some want to earn money by selling their accounts to newbies. Some wants to participate in signature campaigns. Thats it. If someone gets negative trust from one account, then they use other account to promote their items.Dont worry they will get cheated by someone  . thats life.
Yohji Yamamoto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:59:51 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 02:21:04 AM by Yohji Yamamoto

I found many accounts here in the campaign who got negative trust for multiple accounts to have .
But I am confused why people are making multiple accounts , As we can get the same amount of Bitcoin per post in the campaign , So if we want earn Bitcoin than we can do the same with single account only .
what you think guys .

The story can be traced from 2013, there was ripple giveaway in 2013, but requires old member accounts, many Chinese and other countries cheaters targeted this cheating way, AFAIK, they made tons of money from cheatibg, that is why so many cheaters, now mainly are from China, Indonesia, Russia.
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

If you create multiple accounts you can hold a conversation between your alts and get paid while doing it! The more alts the better.

It would also help if you were schizophrenic. Just make sure that you log on to the correct account that is associated with your different multiple personalities.  Grin
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1101

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:06:11 PM

Farming a signature campaign is a bit different, because it's usually against the campaign rules,
This is an arbitrary rule that serves no business purpose. If a business is paying 0.1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month (or during a month), and if 100 posts are made during that month, then it does not make a difference if two people made those posts, or if one person across two accounts made those posts, as the company is receiving the same exposure.

Using a "fixed rate" signature campaign also makes much more sense then starting a "pay per post" signature campaign as the company will know exactly how much they will spend on signature advertising, and will generally know how much exposure they will receive. For example if a company uses a "pay per post" signature campaign, then everyone might not make the maximum number of posts, resulting in less exposure then anticipated, and if the company tires to guess the average number of posts each participant will make, and is wrong, then the company may end up going over budget. If one person takes up two spots in a "fixed rate" signature campaign, then the company will spend the same amount of money in exchange for the same amount of advertising as if two people were taking up two spots.

Possibly, but it doesn't change the fact, that you are supposed to obey the rules of the campaign. Even if you don't agree with the manager, you shouldn't enter with more than one account.
I could speculate that they aren't getting the same exposure with alts, because a stable campaign creates a positive attitude among the advertisers. They may talk about it in casual conversations, recommend the brand to their friends and such. If all 50 spots were to be taken by two farmers with 10 accounts each, we could expect a much smaller exposure. If this farming ever were to surface, the owners could expect negativity towards the campaign, and through it to the brand itself.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 07:01:31 PM

If you create multiple accounts you can hold a conversation between your alts and get paid while doing it! The more alts the better.

It would also help if you were schizophrenic. Just make sure that you log on to the correct account that is associated with your different multiple personalities.  Grin

At last someone has stated the obvious. If you have 5 accounts supporting 5 different campaigns. You can run a whole load of conversations, and get a lot more than 5 times the earnings. Especially if your posts are useless.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:52:35 PM

You have still not given an explanation why alts should not be allowed in signature campaigns that does not involve you farming trust,

You're the only one who seems to think it does involve farming trust.  Everyone else seems to accept the idea that an advertizer might want to hire 10 people not 10 'accounts'.  You seem to be the only one who can't accept that 10 accounts is not 10 minds, and that an advertizer may want to actually pay 10 separate minds to post their content, not 1 person doing their damnedest to simulate 10 minds.  Roll Eyes

I see no reason to assume that someone making 2,000 posts in a month will not be making quality posts.

Yah, we know you see no reason to assume that.  We think it may be related to your army of shills and your particular world-view of the fractured person as many accounts.  Here's a question for you: what sort of number would you need in order to go ahead and assume that someone making that number of posts will not be making quality posts?  If not 2000 (66 per day), maybe 10000 (333 per day)?  100000 (3330 per day)?  I'm just curious what number, from your special point of view, seems like an implausibly high number to you for one person posting on a forum.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:16:37 AM

Now , here I  readed all the posts .
After throughly read all the posts , I comes to know that

we can use any number of multiple accounts .
But we never enrol more than one account in the same campaign , which is term & condi of signature campaign

Secondly , we should always Post Constructive reply/comment .

am I right in above words
if yes , then can we use one bitcoin adress in all the accounts :/

You do have to post constructively with your account(s) if you make multiple ones.
Although, if you have a maximum of 100 posts/week like most campaigns have, then there' not really much point in making multiple ones is there (unless you spend a large amount of time here and think you can post that amount)?
You can use the same bitcoin address in all of the accounts or you can use different onces. If you plan on having multiple accounts it's recommended that you suggest that they are owned by you so you don't get negative trust. One of the ways that this is done is by using to trust system to report them (although, if you aren't considering scamming on them then that may not be neccessary - but is obviously recommended).
Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:18:05 AM

But we never enrol more than one account in the same campaign , which is term & condi of signature campaign

yes you can have multiple accounts here in the forum and yes as per terms and conditions of most campaign only one account per user is allowed tho there are probably some users have multiple accounts in the same signature campaign as it will be hard to trace who is who if you are very careful posting something that you can be linked to other of your accounts such as the same bitcoin address

you can use one bitcoin address in all of your accounts but ofcourse you will be caught and you are risking your accounts getting red, its not a problem generating new bitcoin addresses if you want Smiley

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:21:19 AM

yes you can have multiple accounts here in the forum and yes as per terms and conditions of most campaign only one account per user is allowed tho there are probably some users have multiple accounts in the same signature campaign as it will be hard to trace who is who if you are very careful posting something that you can be linked to other of your accounts such as the same bitcoin address

you can use one bitcoin address in all of your accounts but ofcourse you will be caught and you are risking your accounts getting red, its not a problem generating new bitcoin addresses if you want Smiley
That is why mods should be the ones managing signature campaigns that don't want multiple alt accounts joining them. The mods can track the accounts and blacklist them so that they can't join some signature campaigns.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:00:03 PM

The mods can track the accounts and blacklist them so that they can't join some signature campaigns.
No. Moderators can not see / look for alt accounts via any specific forum tools. The admins are the only ones with access to those.

That is why mods should be the ones managing signature campaigns that don't want multiple alt accounts joining them.
You just need someone who is going to be very strict, i.e. with a strong evaluation and review policy.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: