Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government digital currency!  (Read 3968 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:28:07 PM

I doubt anybody is interested in the crypto currency that created by government, the point of the government want to create its own coin is because the government want to control our transaction, so i still prefer to use bitcoin

Me either would not love the government to have their own cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin for me is enough being owned by no one which also means that we don't have to worry too much about how we use it.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Catmony

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:36:51 PM

if denmark create own digital currency whether there will be a tax? considering Denmark became one of the countries with the highest taxes in the world. it may be a one step progress of digital currency

Obviously government issued digital currency will have same level of tax like for paper money. One of the reason for government to Digitize whole economy is to put tight regulation in collection of tax so even when these government will release their blockchain based currencies they will be subjected to tax.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:39:28 PM

I doubt anybody is interested in the crypto currency that created by government, the point of the government want to create its own coin is because the government want to control our transaction, so i still prefer to use bitcoin

Well most people are stupid and they will not even understand whats going on, so they will swallow whatever bullshit the government comes up with. Most people don't even understand the concept of decentralization and centralization, which are basic requirements in order to see a point in using bitcoin beyond speculation.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:40:49 PM

Possible Cases on other country making their own crypto is real that is why there are some that are really want to know who and where is Nakamoto but they have fail it finding him but the possibility in making their own has a high chance and we are in a certain age of higher technology now.

Bitcoin is open source. Noone needs Nakamoto to create their own BTC. Noone needs Nakamoto for anything really anymore...BTC is out of hes hands, he let it go and only thing he (or they) may have from it is value they have in their BTC wallets (if they have access to them)

I am not saying that Nakamoto can take control over bitcoin when they see him or they, but the Idea of Bitcoin it a big hit that is why they would try and make their own digital currency that can overcome bitcoin, but In my opinion is a very long process to take because bitcoin had start with no value at all and then it just got popular over the years, and the Idea of taking bitcoin for themselves are as blur as it gets.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:41:11 PM

This is something that makes the era of evolving digital currency. I see the potential that generated the current bitcoin. if developed better, I'm sure this will be one of the economic power in the world.
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

The main thing that attracts the digital currency platform is because it is free of rules and regulation by the corrupted and that is the reason people starts migration to bitcoin and when the government starts a digital currency then it is a different vision.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 05:25:50 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 06:01:49 PM by deisik

It's happens.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/danish-central-bank-to-digitalize-national-currency

Denmark, a country where its population relies on cash less than most other European nations, is considering digitalizing its national currency. The central bank of Denmark is planning to issue its own Blockchain-based digital currency called e-krone as its reserve currency.

Denmark is the one of bitcoin countries friendly, which it's possible if they create own digital currency.

But there's the flaws for this implementation, it's can same as fiat, centralized, just in digital form.

Your thought?

The most important thing is if the the issuance is PUBLIC or PRIVATE.  With bitcoin the issuance is public.  If people claiming to be representatives of Denmark (or other nations) make a digital coin, even if centrally controlled and variable issuance (i.e. they can create as much a they want) - if the issuance is PUBLIC then at least people will know!  This is a huge improvement over the privately issued scrip which we call fiat, where nobody knows for certain how much has been created

Central banks usually reveal the rough estimates on their sites

I mean monetary aggregates (like M0, M1, M2...) which are used to measure the amount of money circulating in the economy. But, in fact, with fiat it can be really hard to tell for certain how much money exists at this very moment since fiat money is created as well as destroyed endogenously, i.e. inside the system itself by commercial banks. Most part of money in the modern monetary system exists in the form of bank deposits, but these are created and liquidated every now and then. And this is not a fault, this is an intended and valuable feature of the fiat system

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:55:47 PM

It's happens.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/danish-central-bank-to-digitalize-national-currency

Denmark, a country where its population relies on cash less than most other European nations, is considering digitalizing its national currency. The central bank of Denmark is planning to issue its own Blockchain-based digital currency called e-krone as its reserve currency.

Denmark is the one of bitcoin countries friendly, which it's possible if they create own digital currency.

But there's the flaws for this implementation, it's can same as fiat, centralized, just in digital form.

Your thought?
I just wonder what would be the advantage of mixing blockchain technology with a centralized system.

I believe this must be a basic controversy as blockchain technology is being used in crypto-currencies just because of having a trustless system. A centralized system cannot be a trustless system so obviously it does not require to record transactions in blockchain. They can simply have a system similar to Paypal.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:13:43 PM

It's happens.

Your thought?
I just wonder what would be the advantage of mixing blockchain technology with a centralized system.

I believe this must be a basic controversy as blockchain technology is being used in crypto-currencies just because of having a trustless system. A centralized system cannot be a trustless system so obviously it does not require to record transactions in blockchain. They can simply have a system similar to Paypal.
Yeah it can be similar to paypal if our blockchain system will be centralize. i hope that it can be happen since it is honestly to verified my account that is why i am just using bitcoin because they are need government id becausei do not have any of those identity..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 02:06:18 PM

It's happens.

Your thought?

Yeah it can be similar to paypal if our blockchain system will be centralize. i hope that it can be happen since it is honestly to verified my account that is why i am just using bitcoin because they are need government id becausei do not have any of those identity..

yet it is everyone's wish to have their own digital currency especially the bitcoin so if they want to take an access bitcoin is fast as others which come up to 2 days for confirmation like paypal

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:14:05 AM

People always prefer the original but we still cannot beat the government, when they will announce new system with crypto copy cat, more people will still adopt for legitimate business but bitcoin enthusiast will always remain here.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:06:53 PM

Governments will know the way to force companies and people investing these coin. And they will be punished if they do not accept what the governments' order. Some restrictions will be promulgated if the government honestly want to improve its coin
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:39:38 PM

No doubt that their attempt to copy BTC will fail, people who are already using Bitcoin will never switch to a centralized digital currency controlled by a government or a bank.
There are no advantages in a coin like this, even fiat money is a much better option IMO.
strasboug

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:52:33 PM

It makes sense for government to issue digital currency, just like the fiat, but they have better control over the money flow etc. We've been hearing that US Fed is looking into the "FedCoin". I am sure some government will do it sooner than later.
shiryu

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

Perhaps at the moment not interested, but when it really happens and if how its use is almost the same with bitcoin certainly people who do not believe in bitcoin would be interested to using it.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:22:27 PM

It's happens.

Your thought?
Don’t expect that any country is going to create something like Satoshi did, they are going to adopt some ides but leave the rest of the characteristics that benefit them alone, that is why we must  support bitcoin and some other alts since only them offer what we are looking for.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:25:48 PM

It's happens.

Your thought?

It depends on what the community does with bitcoin. If the community decides to go the big block route + no segwit, we are no doubt at all, fucked. The banks are waiting for something like Bitcoin Unlimited to happen (or god forbid, any of the ridiculously high blocksize increase proposals). They are waiting for the right momeny to turn Bitcoin into Paypal 2.0. And remember, Roger Ver seems to be ok with this:

http://coinjournal.net/roger-ver-paypal-acceptable-risk-bitcoin/

Everything seems to fit together... the whole attack to Core and Blockstream while claiming it's ok to turn Bitcoin into Paypal 2.0 and shilling Bitcoin Unlimited everywhere he can... pretty clear what's going on.

Luckily it seems they are as irrelevant as ever, Bitcoin Core is still king and BU is just another marginal software. Now if we could come into an agreement to get segwit going we would push Bitcoin to the next level and take over the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: