Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to expect the next big drop in BTC?  (Read 3085 times)
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

This is kind of an endless discussion, but i am a bit bored today so....
I would love to invest some more in Bitcoin, but is know the best time? We know that Bitcoin is this big roller coaster that goes up and down all the time. right know it is on a huge up and my question is when can we expect the price to plummet again? I kind of feel like many will sell in Jan 2017 and we see a crash then. But how low will the price go? $600 or even $500? What do you think?

Down trend of the bitcoin price every year seems the same. People always sell out in January after significant increases and the price will rises again in the mid year.
The current price more likely won't fall less than $600 as the rest bitcoiners always holding.
Such as recent price drop back at $720, I don't know if it was drop more than that.
Bigger market cap will prevent decline further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:00:01 PM

In fact, the smarter people here (at least, so they were presenting themselves) had been expecting the dump at first at around 800 dollars per coin when Bitcoin just started to climb, then it was 900 when Bitcoin didn't even stop at 800 (though they were less vocal after it hadn't crashed), which later became 1,000 dollars. Some even tried to outsmart the market by going short at that price tag only to lose massive amounts of money at the end of the day. Or were they really noobs, all these guys expecting a dump at every round number?

Or, rather, not particularly different from the noobs you refer to

I must admit that I was one of these people expecting a correction to happen at $800-$900-$1000. Why? It would make sense since the price was going up way too fast. In that regard, people expecting a drop to happen at $800-$900-$1000 were wrong as the price peaked at over $1100. That's why it's always a smart thing to secure profits in small steps (5% per time in my case). That's exactly what I did. 5% at $800, then 5% at $900, and then 5% at $1000, and then 5% at $1100, which resulted in me almost cashing out at the top. Finally after going above the $1100 level, the price started to correct. So, even though my predictions turned out to be wrong several times, I managed to sell on the way up pretty well.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:09:39 PM

The one who is waiting for some dump to buy cheap bitcoin than i think current price below 900 usd is very good price to buy at.  Grin
You can consider this dump as last dump which had pushed price below 1k we may not see price below 1k usd in 2017 again if next pump push price to over $1k

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2972

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 05:15:57 PM

This is kind of an endless discussion, but i am a bit bored today so....
I would love to invest some more in Bitcoin, but is know the best time? We know that Bitcoin is this big roller coaster that goes up and down all the time. right know it is on a huge up and my question is when can we expect the price to plummet again? I kind of feel like many will sell in Jan 2017 and we see a crash then. But how low will the price go? $600 or even $500? What do you think?

Down trend of the bitcoin price every year seems the same. People always sell out in January after significant increases and the price will rises again in the mid year.
The current price more likely won't fall less than $600 as the rest bitcoiners always holding.
Such as recent price drop back at $720, I don't know if it was drop more than that.
Bigger market cap will prevent decline further.
Its already proven that the price will no going below $720 people don't let the price going back to $600 value since mining will not profitable anymore..
And i think those traders are always buying more bitcoins if they seen that the price is low.. and i think there is a group that they are just doing balance for the price now we are stay long at $800 value just hoping that more price will come this coming vacation..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:55:14 AM

The one who is waiting for some dump to buy cheap bitcoin than i think current price below 900 usd is very good price to buy at.  Grin
You can consider this dump as last dump which had pushed price below 1k we may not see price below 1k usd in 2017 again if next pump push price to over $1k

That's quite good to experience a big price drop by the falling months. But now price won't go high towards $1000 or above. This time I expect the price movement to take place in a gradual manner which won't give us steep dumps. Pump in price is expected within two days based upon the inauguration speech of Trump.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 10:00:50 AM

In fact, the smarter people here (at least, so they were presenting themselves) had been expecting the dump at first at around 800 dollars per coin when Bitcoin just started to climb, then it was 900 when Bitcoin didn't even stop at 800 (though they were less vocal after it hadn't crashed), which later became 1,000 dollars. Some even tried to outsmart the market by going short at that price tag only to lose massive amounts of money at the end of the day. Or were they really noobs, all these guys expecting a dump at every round number?

I must admit that I was one of these people expecting a correction to happen at $800-$900-$1000. Why? It would make sense since the price was going up way too fast. In that regard, people expecting a drop to happen at $800-$900-$1000 were wrong as the price peaked at over $1100. That's why it's always a smart thing to secure profits in small steps (5% per time in my case). That's exactly what I did. 5% at $800, then 5% at $900, and then 5% at $1000, and then 5% at $1100, which resulted in me almost cashing out at the top. Finally after going above the $1100 level, the price started to correct. So, even though my predictions turned out to be wrong several times, I managed to sell on the way up pretty well

Personally, I had some coins left since I was prepared that the price might potentially shoot higher, though I must admit it too that I started to feel a bit nervous seeing how my Bitcoin stash had been quickly diminishing. But unlike you and other guys who were expecting correction at these levels, I didn't feel anything such (I mean a gut feeling that it's the right time for a correction to begin). How come? Because I've been there and seen that many times to discard such expectations and feelings altogether. Whether the price starts to rapidly grow or it departs on a fast spiral-down, you will be almost always proven wrong at your prediction of where it will top or bottom...

This is the way the market takes the money from the ones who think they are smarter than the market itself and know better

Senor.Bla (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:13:34 PM

I am not a trader and i do not have many Bitcoins. As i posted this the price was around $777 and i expected it to go up higher, but the $1100 still surprised me a bit. The rise seemed to be without technical or news related reason and so constantly and high that a correction was to be expected imho. I expected the drop for the 2nd or 3rd week of the year. Well in the meantime a drop happened and another one might happen soon or it might go the other way. We had some Bitcoin news and i find it much harder to "guess" in which direction we will move one from this.   

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:20:41 PM

I must admit that I was one of these people expecting a correction to happen at $800-$900-$1000. Why? It would make sense since the price was going up way too fast. In that regard, people expecting a drop to happen at $800-$900-$1000 were wrong as the price peaked at over $1100. That's why it's always a smart thing to secure profits in small steps (5% per time in my case). That's exactly what I did. 5% at $800, then 5% at $900, and then 5% at $1000, and then 5% at $1100, which resulted in me almost cashing out at the top. Finally after going above the $1100 level, the price started to correct. So, even though my predictions turned out to be wrong several times, I managed to sell on the way up pretty well

Personally, I had some coins left since I was prepared that the price might potentially shoot higher, though I must admit it too that I started to feel a bit nervous seeing how my Bitcoin stash had been quickly diminishing. But unlike you and other guys who were expecting correction at these levels, I didn't feel anything such (I mean a gut feeling that it's the right time for a correction to begin). How come? Because I've been there and seen that many times to discard such expectations and feelings altogether. Whether the price starts to rapidly grow or it departs on a fast spiral-down, you will be almost always proven wrong at your prediction of where it will top or bottom...

This is the way the market takes the money from the ones who think they are smarter than the market itself and know better

At least they have confident in their decision not all the sheep that sells out during the fall of Bitcoin price these past days.  The market is proven that every steep incline in price follows a certain fallback.  Some consider it a correction which is probably true because the market cannot sustain that price for a long time.  So when the next time we see Bitcoin surging up too fast, we might see a great fall in price next and that would be the best time to buy BTC.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 07:48:12 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 10:06:17 PM by deisik

At least they have confident in their decision not all the sheep that sells out during the fall of Bitcoin price these past days.  The market is proven that every steep incline in price follows a certain fallback.  Some consider it a correction which is probably true because the market cannot sustain that price for a long time.  So when the next time we see Bitcoin surging up too fast, we might see a great fall in price next and that would be the best time to buy BTC

They are not confident, they are delusional (most of the time)

And trading is probably the best yardstick to measure the true level of competence and expertise versus arrogance and egotism of anyone. The market is merciless, and it doesn't give a fuck about how good you may think of yourself and how high you may praise your intelligence. You can meet such people on the streets, you can meet them even here (I know a few such types myself), but you will never meet good traders among them. Simply because the market punishes these presumptuous dudes most severely, far more brutally than the panic selling sheep

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

As I understood the drop or rise can happen in any moment without some big reason for that. Bitcoin crossed 1000$ per coin on new year for couple hours and dropped under 800$ after couple of days after that. I really don't know what to expect from bitcoin.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:46:43 PM

If you expect the next big drop, then why people are still positive with bitcoin investment? We cannot expect any situation that may happen with the economy of digital currency, because it can't be predicted and actually bitcoin is really a fluctuated type of currency; no stable price in the cryto currency market. Maybe there might drop will happen but not that big, it only happens in a few days but all the way long price will climp up higher again.
Senor.Bla (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:32:17 AM

I should probably close this one, as this was not meant as general discussion, but more specific to the event of last month.
In general you can say, that no one can predict the price of Bitcoin. Some people will see a trend and fell it is overprice and expect an correction, some will argue it is not possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: