Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GENERAL SALES CLOSED] GekkoScience 2PAC - 2x BM1384 USB Stick Miner  (Read 56153 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2577

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:51:51 PM

and hopefully this time you got to exchange the btc received at a decent exchange rate vs yer usual luck with that...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:30:52 AM

As of right now, ALL ORDERS have been shipped and I am completely caught up.

I'm not sure that's ever happened with stickminers before.
You are awesome bro! I cannot wait to fire them up. Smiley

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
jacosmitza

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:57:12 AM

As of right now, ALL ORDERS have been shipped and I am completely caught up.

I'm not sure that's ever happened with stickminers before.

Thank you sir! Much appreciated.

Any possibility on tracking numbers or am I ahead of the curve again?
coinwally

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:43:16 AM

Happy Dance  Grin  Grin Grin
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 11:53:39 AM

2Pac EU version will be available in May 1 at bitshopper.de for EU guys  Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1887243.0
www.bitshopper.de

in2tactics

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:24:20 AM

I am super stoked. I received my 3x 2PACs today! They all appear to be functioning well straight out of the box with my RPi2 on a 60w powered usb hub. Now, I only need to do a little power optimization. Smiley

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
coinwally

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

I am super stoked. I received my 3x 2PACs today! They all appear to be functioning well straight out of the box with my RPi2 on a 60w powered usb hub. Now, I only need to do a little power optimization. Smiley

I am so jealous right now  Cheesy
in2tactics

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

It looks like I am getting about 6.12w to 6.14w per device with a frequency of 175MHz at the default Vcore of 1.26v. The hashrate for each is pushing about 19.1GH/s to 19.2GH/s after a few hours on p2pool at a manually set difficulty of 32. One of the sticks does seem to average about 1 HW error every 30 minutes. I bet if I up its Vcore one notch it will drop.

I have to say that I am really happy with the current result. Oh, I cannot forget the blinky lights! I love the fact that sidehack includes them. HaHa... He certainly thinks of everything.

coinwally

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:35:45 PM

It looks like I am getting about 6.12w to 6.14w per device with a frequency of 175MHz at the default Vcore of 1.26v. The hashrate for each is pushing about 19.1GH/s to 19.2GH/s after a few hours on p2pool at a manually set difficulty of 32. One of the sticks does seem to average about 1 HW error every 30 minutes. I bet if I up its Vcore one notch it will drop.

I have to say that I am really happy with the current result. Oh, I cannot forget the blinky lights! I love the fact that sidehack includes them. HaHa... He certainly thinks of everything.

http://idolosol.com/images/drool-1.jpg
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:55:05 PM

Truth be told, designing the blinky light circuit was my favorite part.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
jacosmitza

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:56:00 PM

Humbly requesting some pics please @in2tactics?
coinwally

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

Hmmmm - Disco ASIC miners, now that is a reason to throw a party while mining crypto-currency  Grin Grin Grin

@in2tactics, I agree with jaco, you cannot leave us hanging like this man... pic us!!   Wink

Thanks
jacosmitza

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:59:17 PM

While we wait for our SA shipments Wally, we can look at this and pretend it's ours Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyI6l8CwoxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDqdZxU2Q8
in2tactics

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:00:47 AM

I asked my wife what she thought of the lights. She responded with, "they are very nice. Now, make those disco thingies go away." Mission Accomplished...

Humbly requesting some pics please @in2tactics?
Apologies, you are right. I should have uploaded some pictures. I will get those uploaded tonight.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:16:07 AM

As soon as I had a working Compac, I built like ten of them and took them home to run overnight where I could observe performance. It was fun having that many flashy lights in the room all night.

I meant that too though, that the flashy light part was the fun part. Power was fairly straightforward (when I finally got it working, the production version was by no means the first draft) and chip comms were very straightforward, but the flashy lights part was fun. It's actually got a double NFET inverter triggered off the RX line, where the second FET has a parallel RC on the gate to hold it high longer and that's what kicks the R and B elements in the RGB LED to make the white-ish flash. Without that the flash would be imperceptibly fast since a share return is like 5 bytes at 115kbaud. So it's not complex at all, but I like to think it's at least clever.

The Terminus uses a similar circuit, but instead of the RGB LED it's got a discrete blue LED and discrete white LEDs that flash. That way there's no weirdness going on with white-balance. Keeps it consistent. And also dead sexy.

Additionally, to stay on the subject of selling 2Pacs and whatever, I shipped out more orders today. We're operating out of standing stock right now so orders are shipped "immediately". I put that in quotes because I only actually send out packages on Tuesday and Friday.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
coinwally

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:02:56 AM

As soon as I had a working Compac, I built like ten of them and took them home to run overnight where I could observe performance. It was fun having that many flashy lights in the room all night.

I meant that too though, that the flashy light part was the fun part. Power was fairly straightforward (when I finally got it working, the production version was by no means the first draft) and chip comms were very straightforward, but the flashy lights part was fun. It's actually got a double NFET inverter triggered off the RX line, where the second FET has a parallel RC on the gate to hold it high longer and that's what kicks the R and B elements in the RGB LED to make the white-ish flash. Without that the flash would be imperceptibly fast since a share return is like 5 bytes at 115kbaud. So it's not complex at all, but I like to think it's at least clever.

The Terminus uses a similar circuit, but instead of the RGB LED it's got a discrete blue LED and discrete white LEDs that flash. That way there's no weirdness going on with white-balance. Keeps it consistent. And also dead sexy.

Additionally, to stay on the subject of selling 2Pacs and whatever, I shipped out more orders today. We're operating out of standing stock right now so orders are shipped "immediately". I put that in quotes because I only actually send out packages on Tuesday and Friday.

That is great news on the shipped products, I feel like I played the lottery and am waiting for my prize to arrive. The anxiety is palpable  Grin
Maybe just a SIDEnote Cool, if the Compacs can end up making us coffee and toast in the morning while flashing disco lights then I think our lives would be complete...
in2tactics

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:45:47 PM

Here are the pictures as promised.

Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:38:04 PM

Any chance of another round? I'm looking to get back into mining and a few USB miners would be a nice low-cost 'reintroduction' to mining.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:28:43 PM

Another round of what? Sales are still open. I've already shipped out about 200 batch-2 units.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 02:25:08 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 02:35:22 PM by scryptr

Another round of what? Sales are still open. I've already shipped out about 200 batch-2 units.

YOUR BANNER SAYS THAT YOU WANT S5 BOARDS--

I have a number of S3 and S5 units gathering dust.  What do you offer for the units?  Do you only want the board components?

From what I read here you are designing a replacement component for the S3 or S5 miner that an be used instead of the original chip board.  Is that correct?

I have been reading your BitCoinTalk threads for a while.  Your projects are always fascinating.  Please take the time to post an answer.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: