Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new all time record for daily exchange on mt.gox  (Read 795 times)
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:08:00 AM

Today, mt.gox daily exchange reached almost 23M USD.
Can this be a sign of bitcoin taking over?

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:15:27 AM

No, it's a sign that people are still dumping their money into the pit. When you go to a few different stores in your area (or that you frequent on the web), and realize they're all starting to accept bitcoin, then you can wonder if Bitcoin is taking over.

Elon Krusky
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:20:30 AM

No, it's a sign that people are still dumping their money into the pit. When you go to a few different stores in your area (or that you frequent on the web), and realize they're all starting to accept bitcoin, then you can wonder if Bitcoin is taking over.

But for this to happen, it will need a significant number of people holding bitcoin with a sufficient market cap to put pressure on different stores to accept them.
That’s exactly what’s happening right now.

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:26:31 AM

Maybe, maybe not. The point I was making is that people aren't flooding in because it's accepted and they can spend it, they're flooding in hoping this will happen in the relatively near future. We'll see.

Elon Krusky
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:57:50 AM

I just purchased some electronics from bitcoinstore. I was just going to buy from Newegg until I realized it would be only mildly harder to buy bitcoins with the same cash and purchase using those. Would have spent them at Newegg had they accepted them.

I just emailed Newegg and told them that too. I think if they realize they are losing sales by not accepting bitcoin it will eventually wake them up.

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:25:44 AM

I just purchased some electronics from bitcoinstore. I was just going to buy from Newegg until I realized it would be only mildly harder to buy bitcoins with the same cash and purchase using those. Would have spent them at Newegg had they accepted them.

I just emailed Newegg and told them that too. I think if they realize they are losing sales by not accepting bitcoin it will eventually wake them up.

A little bear here, but thats just you versus thousands if not hundreds of thousands customers. Roll Eyes
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:13:35 AM

A little bear here, but thats just you versus thousands if not hundreds of thousands customers. Roll Eyes

True - just a drop in the bucket.  But a million drops fills the bucket.

I think the big thing for me was the realization yesterday that my "go-to" response of 'buy it on credit' really wasn't necessary anymore.  THAT was enlightening...  Smiley

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: