Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should some good commercial ads to promote!  (Read 2420 times)
aditya6997 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:21:47 PM

Someone can run campaign to promote it. Then we'll see the price going up due to its increased adoption!
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:28:09 PM

They are already doing it but instead of bitcoin they are promoting they are promoting gambling site like in some adnetwork like a-ads.. almost bitcoin related.. also the other are social sharing and advertise in facebook.. not directly as bitcoin..
The affective way to increase the value right now more adoption and more site are accepting bitcoin as payment..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6176

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:38:51 PM

Who is this "someone" that would agree on spending money to simply spread bitcoin ? There are commercial ads related to bitcoin but they are most of the time related to a specific bitcoin service like Blockchain.info ad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_W-7hd4T2I but once again , It promotes the service instead of bitcoin as a currency.
If you ask me , advertising is kinda something hard to do when the project is decentralized/P2P (OpenBazaar , BitSquare are projects that are having this issue too)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:49:02 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 07:18:31 PM by franky1

promote commercially?
bitcoin is not a slice of cheese or a toy car.. its a currency.
im all for companies that sell products advertise they accept bitcoin. and that will be great

but advertising bitcoin purely for bitcoin.. sounds more like someone is desperate for a speculative FIAT price rise so he can jump out back to fiat land. and doesnt understand bitcoin.

yes there is the exaggerated 'hope' you can advertise. but if you were to make a realistic real world advertisement of bitcoin based on the reality of the state of bitcoin right now. there is not much to get excited about.

even goldsmiths dont really advertise gold as just gold. they have to gloss it up a bit by turning it into a shiny bit of jewellery or a carefully designed circular disc.

bitcoins infrastructure and utility need to grow. first
anyone wanting to advertise bitcoin for bitcoin right now ultimately only cares about getting FIAT rich, and has either no clue about bitcoin or what bitcoin really needs right now

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:54:50 PM

Someone can run campaign to promote it.

How about you doing it?  No one will stop you. You can!
That's the problem and at the same time, BTC's best asset: there's no large organization behind it for promotion, nor to update it to make it scalable.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
aditya6997 (OP)

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:57:56 PM

promote commercially?
bitcoin is not a slice of cheese or a toy car.. its a currency.
im all for companies that sell products advertise they accept bitcoin. and that will be great

but advertising bitcoin purely for bitcoin.. sounds more like someone is desperate for a speculative FIAT price rise so he can jump out back to fiat land. and doesnt understand bitcoin.

yes there is the exaggerated 'hope' you can advertise. but if you were to make a realistic real world advertisement of bitcoin based on the reality of the state of bitcoin right now. there is not much to get excited about.

even goldsmiths dont really advertise gold as just gold. they have to gloss it up a bit by turning it into a shiny bit of jewellery or a carefully designed circular disc.

bitcoins infrustructure and utility need to grow. first
anyone wanting to advertise bitcoin for bitcoin right now ultimately only cares about getting FIAT rich, and has either no clue about bitcoin or what bitcoin really needs right now
Got your point! There should be some good way to represent it via some services!
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:59:44 PM

Someone can run campaign to promote it. Then we'll see the price going up due to its increased adoption!

Who would have of promoting just bitcoin? Instead of that they do it trough they businesses that accept bitcoin as payment. I think you mean about commercials on tv, I dont think that bitcoin is ready for that, for now best advertisement for companies that work with btc is here on bitcoin talk, and on other places on internet.
   We who wear some signature are doing that promotion and receive money for that.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:09:07 PM

promote commercially?
bitcoin is not a slice of cheese or a toy car.. its a currency

Excuse me if I'm confusing you with someone else

Though this is hardly the case since it must have been you after all who had been proposing recently an idea of free competition between currencies for their users. But where there is competition, there should necessarily be aggressive marketing and intrusive promoting, right? Otherwise, how people would learn about a deisik coin and a franky coin? Oh, wait, you may not want to advertise your coin at all since it is so good and shiny that it doesn't even need users altogether!

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:26:32 PM

promote commercially?

Though this is hardly the case since it must have been you after all who had been proposing recently an idea of free competition between currencies for their users. But where there is competition, there should necessarily be aggressive marketing and intrusive promoting, right? Otherwise, how people would learn about a deisik coin and a franky coin? Oh, wait, you may not want to advertise your coin at all since it is so good and shiny that it doesn't even need users altogether!

no. you have it backwards.
i am 100% bitcoin. i hate altcoins. but i can atleast see the bigger picture.

advertising bitcoin to billions now will bottleneck it. people will scream blue murder at the headaches of trying to get it. and when they finally do, they realise the bottleneck is causing them issues when trying to use bitcoin.
EG fee war
EG transaction limit
EG lack of diverse places to buy bitcoin without life history needed
EG no real advertising of where bitcoin can be spent.

bitcoin is great. but so disorganised and not ready for mainstream, meaning that any mainstream advert of bitcoin as just a currency/asset will actually cause negative experiences and just end up becoming a dramatic event to play around with the fiat price..

we need to grow bitcoins infrastructure first to show the world bitcoin is a better CHOICE than fiat.
rather then advertise purely for some speculation that results in people getting more fiat rich

here is my mindset when i see someone trying to sell gold.

if gold is so great why are you wasting money trying to give gold away?

.. think about it

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:47:45 PM

promote commercially?

Oh, really? How about this then:

I don't think it always plays a positive role

If everyone tried to use his own money, there simply wouldn't be any money at all since the concept of money assumes that it is used and recognized by at least a group of people, each member of which accepts what is used as money as a means of payment. So, in this very respect (please mind it when replying), it could be said with absolute certainty that the greater number of people recognize something as a money token, the better it will work as money. In other words, there is no turning-point or some optimal value on this function

im not saying there will be 7billion different currencies. like a deisik coin and a franky coin. but just having one currency to cover everyone also have its negatives too

advertising bitcoin to billions now will bottleneck it. people will scream blue murder at the headaches of trying to get it. and when they finally do, they realise the bottleneck is causing them issues when trying to use bitcoin.
EG fee war
EG transaction limit
EG lack of diverse places to buy bitcoin without life history needed

These are minor, technical issues. And I know about them, and, in fact, I felt them with my own skin. It is pitiful and pathetic that Bitcoin has such problems at all when it already went through hell. It is beyond my understanding how people which are supposed to be way above average in their reasoning (I refer to developers) are fighting like little school-girls about block size and similar issues when there are thousands of transactions being jammed. Though I tend to agree with you that until these bottlenecks are removed, further Bitcoin adoption doesn't make much sense since it will only cause utter frustration and disappointment...

But that doesn't take anything from the "bigger picture"

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:53:04 PM

Not in this way at least, we can't expect someone to pay from their pocket to advertise bitcoin. I highly believe that services that run in bitcoin, offer/accept bitcoin payments or any other field related with bitcoin then these are who advertise for their services.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:59:23 PM

Sure, that would be cool and great, but sadly, no one will pay for advertising Bitcoins. There are no organizations that are willing to invest in Bitcoin and pay for advertising it. It would be cool to see a tv advertisement or internet ads about Bitcoin, but not something related to it, only Bitcoin and ads should invite people to use it, not some gambling site or something.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:17:52 PM

promote commercially?

Lol, I agree marketing and advertisement is the best way to promote anything.  But who will do it?  No one will unless they benefit from it.  Companies that are using Bitcoin already promoting the currency since they are encouraging users to try Bitcoin to buy or pay for their service or goods.

Not in this way at least, we can't expect someone to pay from their pocket to advertise bitcoin. I highly believe that services that run in bitcoin, offer/accept bitcoin payments or any other field related with bitcoin then these are who advertise for their services.

How about aditya6997 starts to promote bitcoin, since it is his idea to run a campaign to promote Bitcoin.  But I bet he wouldn't because he does not have any company or service that will benefit from that advertisement.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:18:48 PM

Oh, really? How about this then:

im not saying there will be 7billion different currencies. like a deisik coin and a franky coin. but just having one currency to cover everyone also have its negatives too

me, myself loves bitcoin. but i can atleast think beyond my personal love and see the reality of both the positive and negatives when thinking of bitcoin in context of the real world

if bitcoin become a one world currency. it would become no better then the corrupt IMF managed world monetary system.
we can already see the corruption starting now with blockstream trying to get IMF top of the foodchain status.

thats why we need diversity

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:51:42 PM

They are already doing it but instead of bitcoin they are promoting they are promoting gambling site like in some adnetwork like a-ads.. almost bitcoin related.. also the other are social sharing and advertise in facebook.. not directly as bitcoin..
The affective way to increase the value right now more adoption and more site are accepting bitcoin as payment..
Yeah, there are a lot of bitcoin ads but related to gambling sites, mixer or exchanges. It's better to have more merchants, business or services such as Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Amazon, PayPal, Hotels that accepted bitcoin payment so people would trigger to find out about bitcoin and now there are plenty of news and information regarding bitcoin on the network, wiki and documentaries, so no need to worry.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 11:04:06 PM by franky1

ok guys.. lets do it this way.

without overhyping features like bitcoins speed while unconfirmed.. talk about bitcoin in the REAL usecase scenario of reality.

lets see some real advertising pitches of what you would want to see on tv.
remember it has to give an example of a real customer use

also how to obtain it.
and its advantages...

but all stated using normal laymen (old granny/hill billy understanding words).

try to not over hype/exaggerate/lie.

lets see peoples best sales pitch

mrkevio

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:18:16 AM

It is promoted, but the problem is that it's promoted just as an investment or as a business (like gambling or trading). We need to promote Bitcoin as a currency, but that might get us into trouble later because some government will seek control over it one day. That's a big problem for all of us right now.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:29:24 AM

I guess they are not promoting bitcoin itself.
There promoting of their goods and services
using bitcoin. Likely, the gambling site that anyone
can have the interests to play, and other businesses
that use bitcoin.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:33:22 AM

How about aditya6997 starts to promote bitcoin, since it is his idea to run a campaign to promote Bitcoin.  But I bet he wouldn't because he does not have any company or service that will benefit from that advertisement.

Usually people do not make big advertisement without any profit or any advantages of their business so I doubt someone with advertise in this way, if you have a third party service and it related with bitcoin then it make sense.
RealEstCoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Commercial Real Estate Coin

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:58:12 AM

It sounds like the OP is wondering why Bitcoin.org does not advertise? This is a good question. They should advertise, especially considering PayPal has a new TV campaign. If Bitcoin.org asked for donations to go towards a commercial they would likely reach the goal. The community is responsive and would support it. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: