Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the bubble bubble pop?  (Read 3188 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:09:08 AM

With the increased usage of the word "bubble" in Keynesian media stories and bear posts we are reaching the point of full saturation of bubble posts and articles.

Some articles are even increasing the usage of the word "bubble" within the article to increase its usage. If this trend continues, every Kenesian news story and bear post will consist of well over 90% using just the word "bubble".

It is my theory that by the time this reaches 100%, there will be no room left for the word "Bitcoin". Even the most hard core liberal will not be able to read a news story consisting only of the word "bubble" and will not be willing to read it. Governments will prop up the news articles with bail outs but it will be at that point that the bubble bubble will burst and the news stories will go back to only 90% bubble talk.

I have done much research on this and even include a chart:
      ^
     /   \_^__  90%
    /
   /
_/

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dataphile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:11:37 AM

With the increased usage of the word "bubble" in Keynesian media stories and bear posts we are reaching the point of full saturation of bubble posts and articles.

Some articles are even increasing the usage of the word "bubble" within the article to increase its usage. If this trend continues, every Kenesian news story and bear post will consist of well over 90% using just the word "bubble".

It is my theory that by the time this reaches 100%, there will be no room left for the word "Bitcoin". Even the most hard core liberal will not be able to read a news story consisting only of the word "bubble" and will not be willing to read it. Governments will prop up the news articles with bail outs but it will be at that point that the bubble bubble will burst and the news stories will go back to only 90% bubble talk.

I have done much research on this and even include a chart:
      ^
     /   \_^__  90%
    /
   /
_/

What kind of plotting software do you use? That's beautiful.
pretendo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:12:31 AM

There will be no huge crash unless there are hacks of major bitcoin players. But even without that, the price of BTC may drop by 100 USD or so

Also what do you mean by 100%?
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:13:27 AM

Guess how I know you didn't read the OP?

Elon Krusky
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:14:25 AM

I don't know, but the bubble bubble can't pop soon enough. I'm goin' crazy over here!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:17:18 AM

Off topic and doesn't deserve a thread but this one's as good as any so sorry for the hijack...

but why is there a lag on Gox if there's practically no volume?

Elon Krusky
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:25:45 AM

When the bubble bubble pops THEN we'll know we're in a bubble. When bears turn into bulls just because they are envious of your gains, it's about to blow off (+ a few weeks because people can't just call their broker to buy).
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:31:30 AM

When the bubble bubble pops THEN we'll know we're in a bubble. When bears turn into bulls just because they are envious of your gains, it's about to blow off (+ a few weeks because people can't just call their broker to buy).

I have a software program tracking proudon. If he ever turns into a bull I have it set to sell everything and then short Bitcoin, taking a loan out on my house to short on every exchange that allows it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:33:03 AM

I have a software program tracking proudon. If he ever turns into a bull I have it set to sell everything and then short Bitcoin, taking a loan out on my house to short on every exchange that allows it.

Will you be willing to provide a download for said program?!  I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:41:32 AM

Off topic and doesn't deserve a thread but this one's as good as any so sorry for the hijack...

but why is there a lag on Gox if there's practically no volume?

It's about the number of orders that cannot be filled relative to the number of trades being done. Each trade causes the engine to check the tradebook.

WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:24:25 AM

Will you be willing to provide a download for said program?!  I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!

I bid .1 bitcoin.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:49:17 AM

I think the bubble is popping right now, or on the verge of popping.  Lots of money leaving the system.  The "bubble" bubble will continue on for a while after the bubble, however.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Krabby

Activity: 644

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:50:35 AM

I think it's popping right now, or on the verge of popping.  Lots of money leaving the system.

What actually is your current status on fiat/bitcoin Tongue

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:47:38 AM

bitcoin is not a bubble, it's a snowball!  Roll Eyes
yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:59:46 AM

Its going further, we are seeing a bubble bubble bubble, more articles discussing the bubble bubble. many layers like an onion. it's very complicated, arranged like a pyramid:

=  
        ===
       =OOO= <------- BUBBLE TALK^3
      =======
     ===O=O=== <----- BUBBLE TALK^2
    ===========
   ======O====== <--- BUBBLE TALK^1
  ===============
 ========B======== <- BITCOIN
===================

I am fully aware that by mentioning the above I myself am entering BubbleTalk^4 territory. We must stop before the onion outgrows the pyramid, if not we might suffer dire bubble onion failure, known in technical parlance as the final "cheese bubble". The math is simple Cheese=Bubble^Onion. When cheeses bubbling capacity exceeds total onion the system fails with what's known as a "Squeak".

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:31:36 PM

there is always an xkcd for everything, I think we could be in an xkcd bubble...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:38:07 PM

there is always an xkcd for everything, I think we could be in an xkcd bubble...

This image is epic.The world needs sustainability more and more  Cheesy

chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 12:42:53 PM

I think there is a direct correlation between the number of articles calling bitcoin a bubble and the value of a bitcoin.

Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:52:18 PM

Everyone thinks differently.

What's your definition of a "Bubble"?

In Cryptography we trust.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

I'm confused, who doesn't like bubbles.......?     My 2 year old loves them!  Tongue Wink   Haterz

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: