Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
Kripto.hr

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

Just hope Qtum will stay low for few more weeks so I can buy more for this price... The more I know about QTUM the more I am sure this is the best crypto on the market...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Guybrush_Threepwood

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:01:51 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 09:14:57 PM by Guybrush_Threepwood

Qtum is currently the largest of my coin holdings..

Quite a lot of users seem focused on Neo, ICOs and the Chinese market.

But these are my thoughts about the corporate politics and regulation influencing blockchain adoption going forward..

• Currently the Chinese government is financially over leveraged after overspending on various national infrastructure projects - like their new "One China Belt Highway" ( it's a several thousand mile, new 'Silkroad' motorway) and rail network projects.
  • In my opinion, the current 'rushed' Bitcoin ban is primarily due to this over leveraging of their economy. The Chinese governments goal is to regain complete fiscal control, whilst cautiously roadmapping their blockchain policies going forward.
  • Chinese authorities are also notoriously restrictive on international ownership of companies focused on their domestic market. Apple - McDonalds - KFC etc, they all need Chinese partners to enter the market. Their government doesn't appreciate money unnecessarily leaving their country.
  • Also, the Chinese economy doesn't respect international law to the same extent as Europe / North America etc - for example, intellectual property rights - we've all seen the fake iPhones / clothing / electronics etc.. If any company based on Neo was being mismanaged, which lead to financial losses for international investors - I wouldn't fancy your chances..  Sad

==================================================

Qtum is based in Singapore - one of the most technologically advanced, lawful and educated nations in the world.

• Again - in my opinion - Singapore's ICO ban is focused on protecting investors - compared to China's ban, which focuses on protecting their governments finances.
  • I personally expect the China Bitcoin ban to last longer than anything upheld by the more "dynamic" Singaporean authorities.
  • Also, if any company was involved in a business practice which "illegally or morally undermined Singapore's corporate integrity or trust to international investors" - in my opinion, the individuals' consequences would be far greater..
  • Make no mistake - the potential Asian blockchain market is huge. But after the recent (and on-going) North Korean nuclear missile tests - Japan / South Korea / Taiwan etc based companies or Bitcoin exchanges would probably prefer working with Qtum ahead of Neo / China..

Plus - the technology is pretty darn good!

Personally, I appreciate the uber-stable Bitcoin core blockchain - with Ethereum VM functionality built on-top.. Sounds like the winning combination - we can sit back and relax whilst other communities continually keep forking  Wink

I think Qtum's future remains the brightest of all Altcoins!  Smiley

Just my thoughts anyway - and would be interested to hear the opinions of other members.  Smiley

PS - Have we got any info on Qtum POS rates yet..?

burner2015

Activity: 238

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:47:09 AM

But these are my thoughts about the corporate politics and regulation influencing blockchain adoption going forward..

• Currently the Chinese government is financially over leveraged after overspending on various national infrastructure projects - like their new "One China Belt Highway" ( it's a several thousand mile, new 'Silkroad' motorway) and rail network projects.
  • In my opinion, the current 'rushed' Bitcoin ban is primarily due to this over leveraging of their economy. The Chinese governments goal is to regain complete fiscal control, whilst cautiously roadmapping their blockchain policies going forward.
  • Chinese authorities are also notoriously restrictive on international ownership of companies focused on their domestic market. Apple - McDonalds - KFC etc, they all need Chinese partners to enter the market. Their government doesn't appreciate money unnecessarily leaving their country.
  • Also, the Chinese economy doesn't respect international law to the same extent as Europe / North America etc - for example, intellectual property rights - we've all seen the fake iPhones / clothing / electronics etc.. If any company based on Neo was being mismanaged, which lead to financial losses for international investors - I wouldn't fancy your chances..  Sad

Qtum is based in Singapore - one of the most technologically advanced, lawful and educated nations in the world.

• Again - in my opinion - Singapore's ICO ban is focused on protecting investors - compared to China's ban, which focuses on protecting their governments finances.
  • I personally expect the China Bitcoin ban to last longer than anything upheld by the more "dynamic" Singaporean authorities.
  • Also, if any company was involved in a business practice which "illegally or morally undermined Singapore's corporate integrity or trust to international investors" - in my opinion, the individuals' consequences would be far greater..
  • Make no mistake - the potential Asian blockchain market is huge. But after the recent (and on-going) North Korean nuclear missile tests - Japan / South Korea / Taiwan etc based companies or Bitcoin exchanges would probably prefer working with Qtum ahead of Neo / China..

Personally, I appreciate the uber-stable Bitcoin core blockchain - with Ethereum VM functionality built on-top.. Sounds like the winning combination - we can sit back and relax whilst other communities continually keep forking  Wink

Just my thoughts anyway - and would be interested to hear the opinions of other members.  Smiley

Singapore has NO ICO Ban.
Singapore has in fact the most ICOs in the world currently
Singapore HAS regulations.

Please inform yourself a bit better before Smiley thanks

● ● SocialX ● # PRESALE LIVE NOW   ICO January 15, 2018 ● ●                      
FIRST DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK ●
● [ROADMAP] [BITCOINTALK] [WEBSITE] [SLACK] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
Qtum12323

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:50:40 AM

Hi There,

I have sent three emails to the Qtum foundation (qtum@foundation.org) regarding my QTUM on ICO365.
I have not received a single reply. I also cannot access slack.
QTUM - Please could you advise me as to what i should do.
Thanks
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 04:06:26 AM

Please see our weekly newsletter:

https://medium.com/@Qtum/qtum-community-development-updates-september-25-5eef698178a8

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
burner2015

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 08:55:34 AM

Thanks

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:05:00 AM

Just hope Qtum will stay low for few more weeks so I can buy more for this price... The more I know about QTUM the more I am sure this is the best crypto on the market...

Yes, Qtum has great potential in the market and many people want to grab as many coins as possible when it is at the low price. The chances of increasing the Qtum price is going to very high in coming days. Even I am also buying and holding Qtum coin when every I have some money.
Guybrush_Threepwood

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:08:51 PM

Singapore has NO ICO Ban.
Singapore has in fact the most ICOs in the world currently
Singapore HAS regulations.

Please inform yourself a bit better before Smiley thanks

I bet you're the 'life and soul' of any party...  Roll Eyes

Sorry if I made a mistake - the article which I was reading stated that Singapore were looking into temporarily banning ICOs - along with America and Japan - whilst they investigated regulation to stop bad ICOs, which would be a good thing! It's unlikely we'll ever achieve $100,000/btc whilst the industry is still the "wild west" infancy stage?  Thought the article said it'd already happened..

And didn't say Singapore had no regulation - I said the Singapore regulators are looking at protecting investors - while the Chinese state are looking at protecting their own interests.. It's communism verses capitalism.

Didn't realise everything in 'your' forum had to be verbatim. Thought forums were the place to knock a few ideas around - I'm a Qtum supporter - it'd be nice if we could all stick together..

And if you're only looking out for yourself - Qtum price will rise faster if everyone in the community felt valued and respected.

Please get off your 'high horse', 'put your big boy pants on' and try be a more pleasant person. Smiley Thanks
burner2015

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 04:50:08 PM

I am but when we talk about investments we talk about money and then you should make a better job  IF you want to make BIG posts like this.

Guybrush_Threepwood

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:11:18 PM

I am but when we talk about investments we talk about money and then you should make a better job  IF you want to make BIG posts like this.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.."

If you're going to make little posts like this - you need to learn grammar and punctuation.

As you're self-publicising that you're "CMO of SocialX" - you're probably doing a rubbish job..

Now chill out and please try to be humble.. Like 95% of people here - it's not my job - this is a forum and not printed press. Was attempting to show my support for Qtum - voicing valid positives about the project going forward.
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:33:03 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 04:43:45 AM by canman

Got a couple questions for the Qtum dev. I just bought qtum today and transferred them to my exodus wallet. Do I need to send them back to an exchange to get the swap or can I leave them in the exodus wallet? Thanks  Also are my tokens that I bought today are they ERC20?
vbn19

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:23:06 AM

hi .where can i download wallet qtum???
and where pool for main?
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:39:37 AM

Got a couple questions for the Qtum dev. I just bought qtum today and transferred them to my exodus wallet. Do I need to send them back to an exchange to get the swap or can I leave them in the exodus wallet? Thanks  Also are my tokens that I bought today are they ERC20?

Yes, it is an ERC20 token only till now I didn't hear about this Swap. Before swap the will provide the details on which accounts you can hold the coins. I think there are many people who are holding Qtum coins in MEW. I think better wait for the straight answer who knows about this swap.

Miner-room101

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:42:59 PM

and where pool for main?

Hi do you mean a wallet where you can hold the current Qtum tokens.  If so you can you use an ERC20 compatible ethereum wallet.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:01:43 PM

have read few article where its mentioned that QTUM is an ethereum killer

so is it really a ETH killer or just gimmick?

that's same as saying some altcoin is bitcoin killer. People have been doing it for a long time. ETH and Qtum can co-exist just like any other altcoin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:08:35 PM

Yes, it is an ERC20 token only till now I didn't hear about this Swap. Before swap the will provide the details on which accounts you can hold the coins. I think there are many people who are holding Qtum coins in MEW. I think better wait for the straight answer who knows about this swap.

https://medium.com/@Qtum/qtum-community-development-updates-september-25-5eef698178a8

“Dear Qtum Community:
Thank you for your continued support to Qtum. On September 13th, we launched our main network Ignition. The swap from ERC-20 tokens to Qtum’s functional network tokens will take place on October 4th 2017, 06:00 PM PT. Please find the swap details as follows:
1.Date and Time: October 4th 2017, 06:00 PM PT; October 5th 2017, 01:00 AM UTC; October 5th 09:00 AM Beijing Time;
2.Users’ Qtum exchange balance totals will reflect the same total that they had prior to the swap in a 1:1 manner;
3.If your ERC20 tokens are placed in any exchange before October 4th 2017, 06:00 PM PT, the exchanges will automatically swap the tokens and you won’t have to do any additional operation;
4.If your ERC20 tokens are not on an exchange, we suggest that you send your tokens to an exchange which works best for you, so the exchange can automatically execute the swap;
5.If you haven’t sent your ERC20 tokens to an exchange by October 4th 2017 06:00 PM PT, please wait for further notice regarding the swap from Qtum Foundation.”
nelson4lov

Activity: 2072
Merit: 793

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:12:57 PM

and where pool for main?

Hi do you mean a wallet where you can hold the current Qtum tokens.  If so you can you use an ERC20 compatible ethereum wallet.

I believe he's talking about swapping Qtum ERC20 tokens to the main Qtum platform token. So Ethereum ERC20 complaint wallet wouldn't do so much help. For anyone wishing to swap their tokens, Please see: https://forum.qtum.org/category/8/qtum-wallet

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

Hi There,

I have sent three emails to the Qtum foundation (qtum@foundation.org) regarding my QTUM on ICO365.
I have not received a single reply. I also cannot access slack.
QTUM - Please could you advise me as to what i should do.
Thanks

you need to sent to swap@qtum.org

i had received this from foundation@qtum.org at 21 09 2017 , i hope this information can help you ( and all us ... i think is an automatic translated chinese / english email from qq/tencent qtum email server .... some terms are non so clear )

" Everyone and ICO365 users:
Hello everyone

As China's ICO regulatory policy changes, ICO365 will be closed in the near future, but the above two platforms are still some users do not take their own Qtum, in order to protect the interests of this part of the user, by the Quantum Chain Foundation and The two platforms of the negotiations, the current all did not mention the Qtum have been transferred to the Quantum Chain Foundation.
      If you are affected by the user, please use the mailbox you registered in the platform to send mail to swap@qtum.org, to receive their own Qtum.
1: ICO365 user, the message header contains: ICO365 registered email + ICO36 user name + user ID + Qtum balance + ERC20 accept address.

Mail content is: I am ICO365 user xxxxx, my user ID is xxx, my Qtum balance is xxxx, my Qtum accept address is: xxxxx, i confirm my Qtum accept address is: xxxx, please send the above Qtum My address, thanks.

2: coin raised the user, the message title contains: coin collects the mailbox + coin the user name + + Qtum balance + ERC20 accept the address.

Mail content is: I am coin all users xxxxx, my username is xxx, my Qtum balance is xxxx, my Qtum accept address is: xxxxx, i confirm my Qtum accept address is: xxxx, please the above Qtum Sent to my address, thanks.
The Qtum Quantum Chain Foundation will handle the Qtum receive request on Friday every week.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Quantum Chain Foundation
September 21, 2017 "

" coin raised " i think is only "bizarre" translaction of Bizhongchou , but i'm not so sure ^_^
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:48:42 AM

They're already provided the answer via slack.  There are participating exchanges that will handle the swap for you.  No manual swaps will be done unless you have 100K+.  For the US users, the best place is Bittrex as they handle swaps all the time.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
burner2015

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:05:59 AM

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.."

If you're going to make little posts like this - you need to learn grammar and punctuation.

As you're self-publicising that you're "CMO of SocialX" - you're probably doing a rubbish job..

Now chill out and please try to be humble.. Like 95% of people here - it's not my job - this is a forum and not printed press. Was attempting to show my support for Qtum - voicing valid positives about the project going forward.

Comparing one thing with another Smiley  low low argument.

No sorry I will correct people writing bullshit.  I will soon publish http://qtumprojects.com/  so I guess I am a big supporter of Qtum lol.

But still get the facts right about Singapore , ICO bans and corporate identities. Otherwise people will be confused here.

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: