Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:44:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockBurner LLC - Crucible FPGA Scrypt Miner - Announcement Aug-19  (Read 42344 times)
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:39:55 AM

[reserved to explain how top of the line anything won't matter for eMunie]

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:22:43 AM

I would like to buy few............. Please count me.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:25:14 PM

i am interested count me in

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:26:24 PM

I wrote Enterpoint yesterday and they said they haven't worked more on LTC FPGA, but that they are adding a memory extension to their current FPGA's and that they will be able to mine LTC. :-)

more or less retired.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:54:28 PM

Are they friends of yours or something? Why are you trying to quietly (sort of) drum up business for them in other peoples threads?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:44:48 PM

I wrote Enterpoint yesterday and they said they haven't worked more on LTC FPGA, but that they are adding a memory extension to their current FPGA's and that they will be able to mine LTC. :-)

I'm ultra interested to see what they come up with .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:07:20 PM

Are they friends of yours or something? Why are you trying to quietly (sort of) drum up business for them in other peoples threads?

No, I just email them. I figure that if there is any competition for a LTC fpga or ASIC it's going to be from these people so it seems to make sense to keep what they are doing in the loop.

As for drumming up business, the last quote they gave me was over 30,000GBP to develop something, so I don't think we are exactly their 'market'. If they do a LTC FPGA (which they seem to have their eyes on) I assume they will develop it themselves and then just sell individual units. They did make a Bitcoin FPGA miner. Why they didn't make an ASIC seems only because they are a real engineering firm and I suppose are more focused on their traditional clients.

Anyhow, It's not competition at this point. Blockburner seems the most far along, and certainly the most committed. Enterpoint is keeping track of LTC, but as an afterthought it seems.

more or less retired.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:30:16 PM

No, I just email them. I figure that if there is any competition for a LTC fpga or ASIC it's going to be from these people so it seems to make sense to keep what they are doing in the loop.

As for drumming up business, the last quote they gave me was over 30,000GBP to develop something, so I don't think we are exactly their 'market'. If they do a LTC FPGA (which they seem to have their eyes on) I assume they will develop it themselves and then just sell individual units. They did make a Bitcoin FPGA miner. Why they didn't make an ASIC seems only because they are a real engineering firm and I suppose are more focused on their traditional clients.

Anyhow, It's not competition at this point. Blockburner seems the most far along, and certainly the most committed. Enterpoint is keeping track of LTC, but as an afterthought it seems.

I actually spoke to them myself before I started this thread, it was indicated to me they were pretty backed up on current projects to the tune of August being the earliest they could take on any more major productions, though I have no idea if that has changed since then.

Well, in the interest of transparency as promised, I present BlockBurner LLC  Cool

https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=C238415&trans_id=besa1317115155909d500

This has been most of the block for us to continue on these last couple weeks, but no longer.

Now, this is my current home address, I do ask that it is respected as such. I intend the actual shop space to be located in Missoula, MT, which I will be speaking to my elder cousin Jimmy Caras of Caras Property Management about very soon. (Through an odd coincidence Kares and Caras are of blood relation  Cheesy)

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:47:47 PM

Joined the mailing list... definitely interested in this project!

Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:59:51 PM

Also very interested.  Been a while since i have seen an update.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:41:22 PM

Also very interested.  Been a while since i have seen an update.
+1
piecinitup

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:46:46 PM

Put me down in the interested column.  Just joined the mailing list.

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
cryptopi

Activity: 168

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:52:48 PM

Forums look good; I'd preorder if it looked legit and if the price/performance was satisfactory Smiley

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

Count me in. Subscribed on the website.
Highly interested.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:46:09 PM

Well if you got a quote for 30k then their over quoiting you their miners are 24k for their  300 to 500GH units but thats for their cm3 line that their working on for ltc scrypt then maybe but still expensive.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
vpereira

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:28:49 PM

I"m interested as well, I do have an idea: can you take bitcoin FPGA miners as part of payment or even somehow adapt them to be able to work with ltd?

Highly interested.
vpereira

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:06:21 PM

I"m interested as well, I do have an idea: can you take bitcoin FPGA miners as part of payment or even somehow adapt them to be able to work with ltc?

Highly interested.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:58:52 PM

Announcement

Today our embedded developer Cheshyr officially has resigned from BlockBurner due to personal reasons. I personally thank Cheshyr for his effort and support of the project since BlockBurner's formation and wish him the best in his own endeavors, as should we all.

Quite frankly some of this was due to a certain lack of development progress, and I myself had begun to question this.

As it appears, FPGA may not be an effective solution for Scrypt mining, as the proof from Alpha Technologies explains. This document did raise in us serious questions about viability as we approached our own proof. Though FPGA's can certainly hash in Scrypt, the question is more in cost and efficiency of the resulting hardware. Our early projections pointed toward needing a device with multiple FPGAs to hash at a reasonable rate, though the cost of this would destroy ROI with the current valuation of Scrypt coins like Litecoin. So, while it can be done, it is not seeming worthwhile to do at this point in time.

Scrypt is a very different animal compared to SHA, and at this juncture we may see Litecoin mining evolve on a unique path to Bitcoin moving to Gen 3 and Gen 4 devices, which overall is probably a good thing as it moves toward its own unique economy of specialized Scrypt hardware and becomes fully divergent to Bitcoin mining in no longer parts of the same mining networks.

As of this moment, this project is standing still while the remaining members decide if it is still worthwhile to pursue.

What does that mean for BlockBurner?

Though the project we began with is nearing death, this is not the end.

Disappointing as this announcement may be, I do not consider it a waste of effort by any degree. As one of the first to begin trying to create a Generation 3 scrypt mining device, we have still helped to guide the industry where it needs to go by possibly eliminating an unreasonable hardware option. In a business we are literally making up as we go along, this is to be expected as new technology and solutions are investigated and ultimately put into practice or scrapped as unworkable or "not good enough". Hopefully on that note, BlockBurner remains a part of crypto-currency history, and I am proud of our accomplishments despite not delivering the product we had hoped to.

Regardless of where it goes from here, I still thank our followers for your support so far, the response has been mind blowing.

Where it goes from here

As BlockBurner is fully established legally and socially as is, I intend to begin moving it another direction. The mining world is rife with opportunity.

I have been laying down the ground work and crunching the numbers to move primarily into mining itself

Initial motives being researched-

• Mining of Bitcoin and Litecoin, possibly others as seen fit
  • Hosting of mining devices for third parties
  • Release of BlockBurner bond IPOs for hardware funding and operational expenditures. This would possibly include IPOs for core mining as well as specialized private pools.
  • Operating investment funds in the form of combined mining bonds (it is not unusual in the traditional business world for companies to take ownership or stocks of other companies). I hold personal mining bonds that will be invested into BlockBurner officially to get started. This fund has in 3 weeks returned about 10% of the initial investment so far, and not all of them are generating returns just yet as their farms come online pending hardware shipments between August-November.
  • Resale of mining equipment as a distributor
  • Creation of production GPU based Scrypt miners based on existing hardware (in other words, industrial GPU rigs utilizing proper server hardware, possibly smaller units with the same features and redundancy). Since the hardware is already out there, the barrier to entry would be low aside sheer cost for the initial hardware. Whatever is built for our own mining operation may also be sold as complete units (not doing the breadrack with GPUs ziptied to it thing, this is not an acceptable setup to me)
  • Other ideas to be determined
For those who would whine about mining ROI these days, I believe diversification of services is the key to a successful mining business.

Overall I find myself more comfortable with this direction personally, as noted FPGA and hardware dev is not my area of expertise professionally. However, operating and constructing large computer infrastructure in a datacenter setting is something I have much experience with, along with business consulting and strategy when it comes to doing business on the Internet. To that, mining would be right at home with my own tech skill sets, aspiring to create a highly secure and redundant mining farm along with other offerings to diversify the core business. Much of this is simply a matter of connecting with funding sources that I am also actively engaged in. Currently BlockBurner would have 3 main backers locally including myself, and will be seeking additional local investors.

Additionally, I have established an organization in my home state called Montana Bitcoin Exchange, or MBEX, as a local driver to spur the Bitcoin economy locally which can only be good for BlockBurner at the local level as what is the first business of its kind and scope here as far as I am aware, and a launch platform for local investors to take part in the business and push local adoption of digital currencies overall.

So, BlockBurner will live on, but likely in a different form completely or at least working toward fleshing out other aspects of the business along with hardware development.

Again thank you all for your continued support as the gears are shifted, and sorry to disappoint those hopeful of better Scrypt hardware (though not entirely off the table just yet).

Adam Kares
Operations
BlockBurner LLC

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:02:15 PM

Awww what's wrong with ziptied GPUs in a milkcrate!?   Cheesy

Good luck on your future endeavors.  Sorry that the FPGA Scrypt Miner wasn't able to come to fruition.  Many of us doubted that it would, but it was good to follow your journey.

newtothescene

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:32:14 PM

New day, new opportunity.  Thanks for sharing and good luck in your alternate direction(s)!  Will stay tuned to see how things develop.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: