Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: somone steal btc from my wallet  (Read 4083 times)
ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:18:30 AM

hello guys how are you
i received a sms today that said 0.01 btc sent from your wallet
i check my btc address after that i see to transafer from my wallet to this address:
1bMbxGMqzeDdC9yBz9Sj3Rofb2ghcTfRt

what should i do now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 10:22:06 AM

hello guys how are you
i check my btc address after that i see to transafer from my wallet to this address:

what should i do now?

Since you used a service that sends SMS'es, i suppose you've been using an online wallet?
In this case, i would personally suggest following steps:
1) make sure your computer is 100% clean, no virusses, no keyloggers... If unsure, ask for help, or boot from a clean environment
2) contact the online wallet provider... a transaction is irreversible when it was included in a block*, especially if other blocks were mined on top of the block containing the thiefs transaction, but the online wallet might at least block the ip of the thief, if you're lucky. Usually, they won't offer a refund, since they assume it's always your fault when your account gets hacked.
3) switch to a desktop wallet, make sure your computer stays clean
4) move the rest of your funds (if any) from the online wallet to the desktop wallet
5) you might want to change the online wallet's password, altough it should be empty (step 4)

If you cannot succeed in keeping your computer clean, maybe a hardware wallet is something for you?

* actually, a transaction is always instant, and cannot be reversed... However, there are some tricks you can use as long as a transaction didn't make it into a block. In your case, however, it seems like all transactions to the address you've specified have already been confirmed, so there is no point in discussing this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:26:58 AM

hello guys how are you

what should i do now?

Since you used a service that sends SMS'es, i suppose you've been using an online wallet?
1) make sure your computer is 100% clean, no virusses, no keyloggers... If unsure, ask for help, or boot from a clean environment
2) contact the online wallet provider... a transaction is irreversible when it was included in a block*, especially if other blocks were mined on top of the block containing the thiefs transaction, but the online wallet might at least block the ip of the thief, if you're lucky. Usually, they won't offer a refund, since they assume it's always your fault when your account gets hacked.
4) move the rest of your funds (if any) from the online wallet to the desktop wallet
5) you might want to change the online wallet's password, altough it should be empty (step 4)

If you cannot succeed in keeping your computer clean, maybe a hardware wallet is something for you?

is there any way to receive that btc again?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 10:28:44 AM

hello guys how are you

what should i do now?

is there any way to receive that btc again?

No, like i said in my explanation: "a transaction is irreversible". The only "tricks" you can use work as long as the transaction wasn't confirmed. In your case, the transaction IS confirmed, so there is nothing you can do about it i'm afraid...

The only thing left to do is damage controll and making sure this does not happen again.

Since the thief had access to your account, he either has access to your computer, or he brute forced your password (this is common if you re-use the same password on several sites). A last option might be that the wallet provider stole from you. Which online wallet did you use BTW?

in case the thief has:
-> access to your computer => make sure your computer is malware free
-> brute forced your password => change your wallet's password
-> is the wallet provider => move to a desktop wallet

It would be common sense to clean your computer, change your password AND move to a desktop wallet just to cover your bases.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:43:12 AM

i use blockchain

but i active sms code for entering to my wallet
is it possible that he have my backup wallet?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 11:59:53 AM

i use blockchain

I'm not really familiar with the use of blockchain.info's wallet, but if you mean that the SMS is used as a 2fa, you're probably right: somebody might have gotten their hands on your backup wallet.
This means that some place you used to store your backup was compromised...
Either your PC, but it might also be your cloud storage (in case you used cloud storage to store your backup)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:15:50 PM

I should create new wallet
is there any way to contact with blockchain's support?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:20:50 PM

look at their site and you'll find

but they won't return the money if was your fault
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:23:45 PM

I dont use blockchain but do they have the option to activate 2FA, if yes then activate it immediately and not only in blockchain but everywhere where is the opportunity.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:34:49 PM

Check your pc and make sure you clean it as has been suggested to you. I would advise you to shift your coins to another wallet. I have been suggest you coinbase or xapo but just search here and you will find many details of wallets. Make sure you change your passwords, and i hope you have not used it on a public pc. Be careful with your btc.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:43:37 PM

Theres nothing you can do about that. You should clean your pc or smartphone with your antivirus regularly. Virus can get all your details including your password. It acts like a keylogger which store all your private details. Bitcoin transaction is irreversible and im sure theres no one who can help you with this. Just be careful next time.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 12:47:19 PM

i use blockchain

Maybe you can send a complaint letter to blockchain.info, how it is possible to entering your account and stole your btc when you use sms code for the security.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:36:07 PM

hello guys how are you

what should i do now?

That wallet address has only ever received bitcoin and never sent any, check your wallet again more than likely you are doing sumthing wrong, but bitcoin is still there.  Wink
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:39:55 PM

i use blockchain

if by "entering my wallet" you mean like 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) then there is no way a hacker could have gained access to your wallet without having access to your phone and receiving the verification (second password via SMS) token. and if he could bypass that, it wouldn't be your fault and instead blockchain.info's weak security. but I doubt that.

also did you only lose 0.01BTC and have the rest of your balance still or was 0.01BTC it all your balance?

Only Bitcoin
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:54:04 PM

I have been suggest you coinbase or xapo but just search here and you will find many details of wallets.
Those wallets are worse than blockchain.info in matters of security. I dont know who suggested you those but do not use them unless you are dealing with micro transactions and want to avoid fees, just use a desktop wallet its always a better choice I would recommend electrum.
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:54:21 PM

How many balance do you have in your wallet, if you use blockchain.info's wallet I'm sure that you will be notified when someone open your account through email verificaton, with that issue maybe someone  got your login information with that email. But if you activate the 2fa of that account I'm sure you can also recieved a text message if that thief logged in. And there's no way he got your private keys from that wallet service because they don't have that feature.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:06:10 PM

i use blockchain

If you are using blockchain, then the thief also have access to your email account. You cannot use blockchain in a new device or new IP without granting access to it first through a link sent to your email address. Like what they said above, you should clean your device from malware and keyloggers. And avoid accessing  your blockchain on public computers or public wifi connection.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:21:58 PM

hello guys how are you
This is not a right way to start a thread after getting scammed. Too strange for me.

what should i do now?
Your details are certainly lagging for many important information to suggest you what to do after your bitcoins were stolen.
The above addy is a destination of your stolen bitcoins ?

blockchain support will not responsible for your hack. They are just a service and an authority. (Hope you know that there is no central power in entire bitcoin system)
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:18:13 PM

Your wallet must not touch with internet or limit your internet usage. It could the way to tranfer your files and private detail like your social media accounts, email and ofcourse bitcoin. You must use antivirus to scan your files and other applications which are prone to malware. You cannot do anything to return back the btc stole to you. You better move on now. Better reset all your password. And make sure that you have a running good antivirus and scan hour pc regularly.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:27:00 PM

I dont use blockchain but do they have the option to activate 2FA, if yes then activate it immediately and not only in blockchain but everywhere where is the opportunity.

Blockchain do have 2FA, i'm using their services as well sometimes and i have activated 2FA there and i never faced any problems like OP is mentioning that someone have sent 0.01 btc from his wallet to an address, maybe as someone already said that the guy might have had his backup wallet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: