Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:26:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is not supported in some countries?  (Read 98431 times)
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:15:19 AM

I have heard that bitcoin is not supported in some countries. But why ? Is it because bitcoin is risky ? Some countries even declare 6 months jail if her people use bitcoin. Is it fair ? I mined few cryptos and have left mining. It was fun and challenging too. But I never got any clear answer. What does my gpu actually do ? I pay electric bill, my room temperature goes high and I get paid. With actually no skill on pc hardware and software. Whole thing is still pretty unclear to me
There are some reasons that I ever read about bitcoin had banned in several countries.
Mostly because ever happen financial crimes correlated to money laundering through bitcoin that hard to trace.
Since bitcoin created to decentralized and using p2p transaction which central banks cannot grant bitcoin trading authorization and state not an official currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:33:42 AM

I have heard that bitcoin is not supported in some countries. But why ? Is it because bitcoin is risky ? Some countries even declare 6 months jail if her people use bitcoin. Is it fair ? I mined few cryptos and have left mining. It was fun and challenging too. But I never got any clear answer. What does my gpu actually do ? I pay electric bill, my room temperature goes high and I get paid. With actually no skill on pc hardware and software. Whole thing is still pretty unclear to me

You have a Senoir member account here at Bitcointalk and you still don`t understand

how bitcoin and the other cryptos work?Really?

Politicians and government clerks who don`t understand bitcoin usually ban it.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:01:27 AM

I think the biggest reasons some countries are afraid of Bitcoin are that it is hard to regulate and there are fears of people using it for illegal activities. Over time, some of these issues will gradually go away.

Any government can pass the bill in the assembly and make any law legal in their country. Its all because these corrupted politicians only. Once we good politician around the world wide. They could make open ledger bitcoin address in the government one.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:14:51 AM

i think because the country can't trust bitcoin as currency or can reduce the use of fiat

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:20:48 AM

1.Out of government regulation
2.Speculative risk
3.Higher money laundering risk
4.Trading platform vulnerable and vulnerable
a poor countries have a lack of technology research, as bitcoin part of technology and future of money. you can take a look to netherlands a developed country who support bitcoin more than any other countries they are care about technology.

and they adopt bitcoin as they take bitcoin seriously and found it was wonderful and must be implemented in mass.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
renfangfua

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:17:53 AM

Most major countries in the world also adopt a cold attitude towards bitcoin. The world's ban bitcoin countries are not many, blocking bitcoins are generally some small countries, or the disintegration of the former Soviet Union countries. Russia banned bitcoin, Thailand in 2013 in July also said to prohibit bitcoin, but then relaxed.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:42:31 AM

These countries have fear from bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control it. So allow a such money which can compete the real legal fiat may become e risk for the economy of that country. First of all if is a poor country and with big informal economy.   
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:45:07 AM

These countries have fear from bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control it. So allow a such money which can compete the real legal fiat may become e risk for the economy of that country. First of all if is a poor country and with big informal economy.   
yes I agree with you. This is a big trouble for a country. they can not fully control the money supply in their country. if they fail, then the state of a country will be bad. that was most feared during this time.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:00:37 PM

The government doesn't like anything that they can't control, and also there are some people used bitcoin for bad things, based on this situation some of the country feel there is no good point in adapting bitcoin, it is only going to add criminal rate, that is the reason some country banned bitcoin
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:37:28 PM

There are 4 important things so happen rejection
  • the evil of corruption will be the more uncontrolled
  • funding to terrorists one of the causes why some countries refuse the existence of the bitcoin
  • are anonymous, it will be vulnerable led to acts of fraud
  • hacker,It will be a lot of crime going on in cyberspace its like (MtGok,BitsTamp and Coinapult)
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 01:11:20 PM

Bitcoin is supported by many merchants and are being used for both legal and illegal types of transactions. What government actually don't like about bitcoin is that they can't have full control over bitcoin transaction or better to say they can't take tax on bitcoin transactions. Government love tax so they don't love bitcoin.

Bitcoin being used for criminal activities is just an excuse made by government to ban bitcoin in certain countries. However no any government can ban bitcoin transaction they can just ban local bitcoin trading platform but they can't just stop citizens from doing bitcoin transactions.  
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 02:54:58 PM

Its probably as bitcoin cant really be controlled by any government and cant be banned/ and its value cant be changed by the decision of a single government. Its value changes when there is some favourable change in politics in various countries that are supporting bitcoin at large, the most prominent being China, and USA. It is decentralized, and controlled by a peer-to-peer system and does not also provide any extra income/interest/profits to the government and banks.

And also its a point of view of the government of that particular country for and against bitcoin. Actually it depends on their rules, and also the reigning politicians.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:02:09 PM

every country have their own rules which they follow. its not like you bought a pizza and you can do whatever you want. transacting over bitcoin is somepart disturbing those countries economical balance which i think is not but they think it is. soon they will realise it and then it will be supported there too
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:09:20 PM

Because in some countries, bitcoin is being used mostly in some illegal activities like buying drugs and guns, that is why the government shut it down in some countries in order to maintain peace and countering the drug addiction. Most of the people are abusing the advantages of bitcoin for their own happiness.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:13:11 PM

every country have their own rules which they follow. its not like you bought a pizza and you can do whatever you want. transacting over bitcoin is somepart disturbing those countries economical balance which i think is not but they think it is. soon they will realise it and then it will be supported there too

Every country has a law, but as far as I know, only few country has a law about internet and anything about it... Actually with this present set up in where I live and probably in most part of the world where bitcoin is being used, I am contented with it, government didn't support bitcoin, but atleast they are not doing something to prevent the use of it...

Maybe a country would impose a law against it if it is becoming a threat or posing danger to its people...  Smiley
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:17:59 PM

Ya it is true that some country are directly banning use of Bitcoin due to they are facing some illegal activity through Bitcoin or they are feeling some danger to the country economy if they dont ban the Bitcoin. But some country are still not given any status to bitcoin so using bitcoin in that country is nor legal or illegal until you are not doing any illegal activity through bitcoin.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:23:09 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is not supported in some countries because they don't know how bitcoin works and what are the great features of bitcoin or maybe those countries are not focused on adoption new currency and they are more focus on enhancing their national economy. There is a lot of perspective to look on.
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 04:58:44 PM

May be Governments of Bitcoin blocking countries do not want corruption / black money and any kind of criminal activities in their country or may be they have no trust in Bitcoin unless power full and rich countries Governments give assurance that they will not ban Bitcoin in their country. Just think if a country (other than US) adopts Bitcoin but very next day US government says they want to ban Bitcoin is US than what will happen with Bitcoin price and what will happen with that country who just adopted Bitcoin? 

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:03:53 PM

well governments do many stupid things and there is no clear answer for that , they just hate anything that they can't control or can't make profit from it
if they can they would sell you the air that you are breathing  Smiley
in general there is nothing that we can do in some countries , cause some countries ban gambling and if you think about it gambling shouldn't be banned since it's a personal freedom and the gambler isn't hurting the population
Tamy96

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

Because they think that it will damage their own currency , that's just my thought , nothing else
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: