Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is not supported in some countries?  (Read 98431 times)
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:12:59 PM

Because bitcoin could break their laws. Because bitcoin can cause a lot of trouble if they allow bitcoin to use. Bitcoin can use for crimes like money laundering, scamming or even use for ransom. Have you heard about ransom ware? As technology is evolving. Crime is also evolving. And its bad if terrorist use bitcoin for buying equipments to make terror to people
You are not saying crimes like money laundering, ransom, terrorism only just emerged with the advent of bitcoin, are you? If so, then you really need some education on bitcoin and the cryptocurrency world as a whole. A good number of countries are already meshed in financial crisis and its citizens are turning to bitcoin for respite, have you never paused to ask why?

What is fact, is that bitcoin wrestled the hands of government off the control of people's finances and many of them have been sobbing ever since and resorting to blackmail. The only law bitcoin have broken is that of causing a revolution about the future of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:10:33 AM

I think countries see some danger in bitcoin cause of it is controlles currency and there priests or some other dark activity can use bitcoin for their stuff. 

What? How did the priests are involved with control of currencies as far as I know, they are just accepting donations from the people but they don't have total control for it. And I believe that there are priests that are related to dark / shady activities but it is hard to accuse without proof. Those countries just simply don't trust bitcoin so they are not supporting it.
why are we blaming bitcoin when no one know the reality. i think those people who are involve in such bad activities they do not need bitcoin's help. they plenty of other source to complete their intention. the government should control them actively and not to blame bitcoin.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 06:32:45 AM

Actually, some countries they are thinking that bitcoin is a threat to their economy, that's they became negative into it. But if they're going to be open minded about it, surely it will help their economy instead.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:00:39 AM

Actually, some countries they are thinking that bitcoin is a threat to their economy, that's they became negative into it. But if they're going to be open minded about it, surely it will help their economy instead.

We can't blame them, they have a currency to protect and so that's what they do. But I am sure that they are not afraid of bitcoin that it could affect their economy. What they are afraid of is it's new to them. Government officials are wiser than us, they are just following the law and probably there is no law that govern bitcoin in most countries, as soon as they found a fault in bitcoin, they would immediately start to find a way to correct it and if they can't then just cut the line by banning it.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:32:58 AM

Yes there are really some countries that not promote bitcoin and some even banned it. I think the reason for all of these is because everyone can use bitcoin anonymously. They are afraid that some criminals will use it for doing illegal transactions. Another reason is the government has no control over it. They cannot ask for taxes for every bitcoin transactions.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:40:36 AM

Yes there are really some countries that not promote bitcoin and some even banned it. I think the reason for all of these is because everyone can use bitcoin anonymously.

Same as the fiat, we can hide our trace when we are using it...

They are afraid that some criminals will use it for doing illegal transactions.

As I've said, same as in fiat, we can use it too in illegal transactions...

Another reason is the government has no control over it. They cannot ask for taxes for every bitcoin transactions.

That's true, they are not in control of bitcoin, but it doesn't mean they can't utilize the exchange and impose tax in them. Probably it is because of exchanges on why government don't impose a law in bitcoin, as long as they comply with the law, like asking the identity of the people that transact at their exchange, they are fine.. The thing is, when we use the local exchanges, it is almost like saying we are abiding the law since exchanges are legal and where would exchanges get the money to pay their taxes...  Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 10:31:46 AM

That's true, they are not in control of bitcoin, but it doesn't mean they can't utilize the exchange and impose tax in them. Probably it is because of exchanges on why government don't impose a law in bitcoin, as long as they comply with the law, like asking the identity of the people that transact at their exchange, they are fine.. The thing is, when we use the local exchanges, it is almost like saying we are abiding the law since exchanges are legal and where would exchanges get the money to pay their taxes...  Smiley

In fact, it does mean just that

That they can't come and impose some arbitrary tax on them. How do you imagine this, really? They will first have to draft a bill regulating Bitcoin exchanges, then accept it as a law, just like any other law is accepted. And so what? The Bitcoin exchanges are online businesses mostly, they will just move their servers (or change data-center) to some more loyal country which is not going to levy such taxes (or any taxes apart from very few). These are known as tax havens, and they have existed for decades, so there is no reason to think they will cease existing tomorrow

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Not all countries are same and all of them don't have free outlook to their citizens. Money is power, so many countries don't want their citizens earn free money from the internet. Especially such type of money which can be generated through mining.

The more money people will have, the more power they will possess. I think that is the basic psychology behind some countries banning bitcoin.

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

Not all countries are same and all of them don't have free outlook to their citizens. Money is power, so many countries don't want their citizens earn free money from the internet. Especially such type of money which can be generated through mining.

The more money people will have, the more power they will possess. I think that is the basic psychology behind some countries banning bitcoin.
Probably you are right, what government want is money, with the money government could be more stronger. But some of them are doing corruption. If the citizen use bitcoin government will hard to take the tax from it. Some of them will not find anything to steal.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:44:22 PM

That's probably the situation in communist government. you earn and you give it to your government and the government will just give you just enough food so everyone receives the same amount as commoner. Too little progress in the life of people in that form of government, only the officials and the government get rich that way.

We need money not just to have power but to survive. So government should be supportive on to which their people could earn and be productive. Earning bitcoin should not mean that they are against the government, in fact with that, they could bring more money in the country from outside sources.

Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

I suppose that there is a lot of place who just do not understand bitcoin and think that it is some new financial pyramid. It would be appropriate to assume that the cryptocurrency education is not enough. Most people will not start to use cryptocurrency, yet they will not understand what it is and how they can benefit from it. Despite the fact that the concept of bitcoin has become popular, especially in the different stages reached in 2016, a lot of potential players still remains outside the community due to lack of education.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 01:31:26 PM

That's probably the situation in communist government. you earn and you give it to your government and the government will just give you just enough food so everyone receives the same amount as commoner. Too little progress in the life of people in that form of government, only the officials and the government get rich that way.

We need money not just to have power but to survive. So government should be supportive on to which their people could earn and be productive. Earning bitcoin should not mean that they are against the government, in fact with that, they could bring more money in the country from outside sources

This might work with big countries, though due to their sheer size the effect would be negligible (at least so I think), but with smaller countries, the net effect will be negative on the whole. The majority of small countries have export-oriented economies, and they are always stuck between the nether and the upper millstone, so to speak. On the one hand, to be competitive on the international markets they have to keep the exchange rates of the local currency low (which is good for exports and consequently to the whole country), but, on the other hand, this might lead to higher inflation (which would mean impoverishment of the population)...

In this manner, Bitcoin is neither here nor there for such countries and could potentially wreak economic chaos and devastation in them

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:13:11 PM

There are different possibilties regarding to that problem, may be  their rules and laws don't allow to support bitcoin. But i don't think so that bitcoin is banned in some countries, there is a possibilty that they don't know about bitcoin and there are many countries where people have no idea about bitcoin. People earn money and meet their expenses so why anyone hate bitcoin or banned bitcoin as they know that they will  earn a good amount from that.
grandy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

There are different possibilties regarding to that problem, may be  their rules and laws don't allow to support bitcoin. But i don't think so that bitcoin is banned in some countries, there is a possibilty that they don't know about bitcoin and there are many countries where people have no idea about bitcoin. People earn money and meet their expenses so why anyone hate bitcoin or banned bitcoin as they know that they will  earn a good amount from that.
yes i can agree with you with second option, to in most cases people do not know about bitcoin therefore they are not supporting it. i do not think some countries may have banned bitcoin but the only reason can be that  they do not know about about.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:23:25 PM

yes i can agree with you with second option, to in most cases people do not know about bitcoin therefore they are not supporting it. i do not think some countries may have banned bitcoin but the only reason can be that  they do not know about about.
yes i also agree with you that in most of the countries people still do not know any thing about bitcoin . and that is that they are giving using and giving support to bitcoin. i think it is our responsibilities to introduce bitcoin in such areas.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:28:12 PM

yes i also agree with you that in most of the countries people still do not know any thing about bitcoin . and that is that they are giving using and giving support to bitcoin. i think it is our responsibilities to introduce bitcoin in such areas.
Yea you right people still don't know about bitcoin but also there is tax problems with cryptocurrencies. The governments still don't know how to tax them. They can not exactly follow the peoples who use cryptocurrencies. I think this is the main problem.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:22:50 PM

We need money not just to have power but to survive. So government should be supportive on to which their people could earn and be productive. Earning bitcoin should not mean that they are against the government, in fact with that, they could bring more money in the country from outside sources.
to me the only reason can be that there the majority of people may not know any thing about bitcoin, and such cases can be more in backward countries where people may have no access to computer and internet. and the second reason can be that their people may not be properly educated.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:11:29 AM

to me the only reason can be that there the majority of people may not know any thing about bitcoin, and such cases can be more in backward countries where people may have no access to computer and internet. and the second reason can be that their people may not be properly educated.
I think the biggest reason for the unawareness of bitcoin is simply willful ignorance, bitcoin can be gotten by anyone you only need a little bit of curiosity if you are going to buy a game in steam then you could see bitcoin symbol, you only need a little bit of curiosity to research what is bitcoin but people choose not to do it.
Vasilije69

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:52:18 AM

I am from Montenegro. Here, very small number of people heard about Bitcoins. We dont have forums, chats  where we can talk about this subject. Also we dont have ATM...
I hope that will change soon.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:59:31 AM

I suppose that there is a lot of place who just do not understand bitcoin and think that it is some new financial pyramid. It would be appropriate to assume that the cryptocurrency education is not enough. Most people will not start to use cryptocurrency, yet they will not understand what it is and how they can benefit from it. Despite the fact that the concept of bitcoin has become popular, especially in the different stages reached in 2016, a lot of potential players still remains outside the community due to lack of education.
The government are smart enough to understand what Bitcoin is. They do not accept it just because they scare that Bitcoin may cause many trouble to the nation economy. Their Fiat currency can be strongly affected by Bitcoin and its prices may drop lower than ever. Bitcoin gives users so many advantages so that people would use Bitcoin more often than use Fiat

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: