Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Owners (or anyone with lots of FPGA): Cashing out BTC  (Read 3305 times)
dtmcnamara (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

This question is to the owners of ASIC setups, or anyone with a large hashrate. How do you plan to withdraw your money into your bank accounts without it being seen by the big boys, government? This has been a questions I have been wondering for some time.

Theoretically speaking, if I had 2 Avalon units hashing at 66,000 each I would be pulling in on average 7.7 coins at the current difficulty, $1,900 a day. If I were to wait a week and want to transfer the funds to my account I would be looking at upwards of $9,500. If I were to deposit this every week into my account I am sure someone would notice something and start to ask questions.

I know I could purchase items with BTC, but this is more a questions about cashing out and making sure it goes unnoticed.

I cannot be the only one thinking about this.

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:13:46 PM

If you want to cash out from the bitcoin economy silently, you buy items with bitcoin.
Such as gold.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:19:53 PM

Luckily, I do not have the problem because I don't have an Avalon.
I prefer to worry about it after I get my Avalon. It's no need to worry about thing which is not exist.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:31:50 PM

there is a fantastic number of buyers who would love to meet you.  probably a few minutes on localbitcoins will help you find them.  they might not share their buy interest at spot but if you contact a few buyers with large amounts showing you'll probably find some who will pay right near spot to get access to larger sized trades.   if you need to, sell a little below spot -- that'll attract buyers like ants to honey.

also the #bitcoin-otc marketplace is a good place to advertise your supply, especially with its web of trust (wot).

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:35:30 PM

this is more a questions about cashing out and making sure it goes unnoticed.

One sure-fire way not to go unnoticed is to ask a question like that in a public forum with a username that is extremely easy to link to real life information such as name and adress.
alberthendriks

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:38:35 PM

You might also check this dude

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172356
Timzim103

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:43:14 PM

I know I could purchase items with BTC, but this is more a questions about cashing out and making sure it goes unnoticed.

I'd rather not go that route if I understand what you're getting to. As far as I know, I'll have to pay taxes on a Bitcoin income. I haven't looked into this much yet, but I keep track of every transaction. My concern is making sure I'm not inviting trouble for myself from incorrect filings. I found out about the FBAR law last year, after becoming a signing authority for my mother who lives in another country. I've had enough headaches with that.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:54:18 PM

This question is to the owners of ASIC setups, or anyone with a large hashrate. How do you plan to withdraw your money into your bank accounts without it being seen by the big boys, government? This has been a questions I have been wondering for some time.

Theoretically speaking, if I had 2 Avalon units hashing at 66,000 each I would be pulling in on average 7.7 coins at the current difficulty, $1,900 a day. If I were to wait a week and want to transfer the funds to my account I would be looking at upwards of $9,500. If I were to deposit this every week into my account I am sure someone would notice something and start to ask questions.

You can transfer up to $10,000 per month via bank wire anonymously at MtGox.

Buy & Hold
dtmcnamara (OP)

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:56:22 PM

this is more a questions about cashing out and making sure it goes unnoticed.

One sure-fire way not to go unnoticed is to ask a question like that in a public forum with a username that is extremely easy to link to real life information such as name and adress.

lol...this is true, but unfortunately I have nothing to worry about. Come to my house, I have a few 7970 video cards and thats it, nothing worth trying to take from me

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 09:54:23 PM

This site = https://36rt4evqyuwovhgl.tor2web.org/
allows you to trade BTC for cash in the mail.

StringTheory

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Making Sense of Things

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:16:49 AM

That tor2web site looks so shady... Has anyone actually done work with them yet?

Successful Transactions: jayson3 +1
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:54:39 AM

Sell your bitcoins cheaper, I'll buy it from you.

Oh, your problem was how to NOT get noticed... don't deposit it into any bank. Store it in your vault at home. Or under the mattress. But sell the coins to me first, so I can give you unmarked cold cash.

witherworth

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:10:48 AM

That tor2web site looks so shady... Has anyone actually done work with them yet?

Tor2Web just shows the content of the onion site. Which means it's the onion site that looks sketchy, but it seems to me to be pretty close to bitcoin-OTC or whatever it's called. The only difference is the onion site offers a built in escrow feature. Personally, if I were workin on getting cash out, I wouldn't be against doin a couple hundred dollars. As long as it worked, I'd put a couple hundred back in. You obviously couldn't get all your BTC cashed out in this manner, but it'd offer a chunk as long as it still worked.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:12:23 AM

There is a name for someone who makes a boatload of money and doesn't pay their taxes: An idiot.

Seriously— you're making a fortune! congrats! be happy!  ... so you have to pay a bunch of taxes? Who cares! you're making a triple bunch. Pay your taxes like a man, and avoid the risk of severe consequences down the road that shit all over your life.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:25:28 AM

I remember an inspirational speaker who said once: (or a few times)

Speaker: You have to feed the goose.
Audience: But the goose is too fat.
Speaker: Better a fat goose, than no goose at all.

You pay taxes so the government can do the things through it's agents that you are not willing to do, such as render military service to keep the rest of the country safe. You can just go make money.

Of course, if you are making a boat load of money, you better take steps to secure yourself as well, (bodyguards, weapons, food, etc.)

When you're rich enough, you can buy your own country (or as the speaker likes to say, get your own planet and you can rearrange the seasons as you want). But until then, you live by the rules of where you are.

sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:00:17 AM

I just cashed out all my bitcoins.  I live in the United States and I'm going to pay taxes on them.  This is way easier than trying to hide the income.  I've been doing this for 2 years and paid taxes both years.  Because I run this as a business I get to deduct all my expenses.  So the tax hit is not as high as my personal tax rate.

I have relatives in jail and have seen how defending your self against prosecution can be very expensive.  Paying your taxes will probably give you the highest return.
witherworth

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:07:17 PM

I just cashed out all my bitcoins.  I live in the United States and I'm going to pay taxes on them.  This is way easier than trying to hide the income.  I've been doing this for 2 years and paid taxes both years.  Because I run this as a business I get to deduct all my expenses.  So the tax hit is not as high as my personal tax rate.

I have relatives in jail and have seen how defending your self against prosecution can be very expensive.  Paying your taxes will probably give you the highest return.

How much do you pay in taxes? Also, if the money you mineis going to the business, how do you get to spend it on yourself?
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:48:10 PM

How much do you pay in taxes? Also, if the money you mineis going to the business, how do you get to spend it on yourself?

I pay a 28% tax on income.  I'm in the United States.  I file a schedule C which is where you report self employment income.  I also report there my expenses.  When I subtract my expenses from my income I pay 28% on what is left over.  The other 72% I keep.

This hasn't happened yet.  I had a loss in 2011 and 2012.  I will have a gain in 2013 and have to write the IRS a check next April.
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:42:49 PM

This thread belongs in Bitcoin Discussion - Legal.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

Dude,
IJust a side question.
Why did you cached allof them?
Are you in panic or?
You do not have to answer me of course. I am just tring to figure out why so many folks get obssed and are caching out no matter of the price?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: