Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:10:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION: Ive been HACKED Account is now secure. Have 'we' talked in past week?  (Read 1776 times)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 07:52:14 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 04:10:37 PM by elianite

My account has been accessed by an unauthorized party.

This unauthorized party has committed fraud by communicating with other forum members posing as me through this account, and fraudulently taken payment into a BTC address that I do not control.

I have successfully changed my password. I have all reasons to believe that my account is now secure and fully under my control.

I do not know how this happened. All data contained within my Forum account is possibly in the wrong hands.

The important part:
If we have had any PM exchange over the past week (since Dec. 14th), copy and paste the entire conversation back to me!

If any Admin's are able to assist (retrieve deleted messages, IP addresses, log-in history) or if anyone is good at tracing the blockchain, please contact me. I intend to take all reasonable measures to track down the culprit.

My email address is info@coinfirm.org

If you are the individual responsible, please contact me anonymously.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:09:41 PM

Can you sign your message, so we know who we are dealing with?

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:11:52 PM

I know someone from your account has been dealing with Bitguy2016

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 08:16:15 PM

I will email you a photo & time stamp shortly. Please 'vouch' for me here once you receive it.

I just PM'd with him; I can confirm that the individual who cc'd you was the hacker.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Bitguy2016

Activity: 116
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:29:55 PM

Who cc'd who?
This is bitguy2016, have been communicating with bithalo on this matter right now
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:31:52 PM

I received an email from Elias now holding a sign addressed to me. It seems to corroborate that the person posting is the true Elianite.

Not sure if that is considered proof but just wanted to say this.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 08:34:52 PM

Who cc'd who?
This is bitguy2016, have been communicating with bithalo on this matter right now

Sent you a PM. There is a specific message that came from this account, that was not written by me.

Also,
DO NOT sent BTC to me for any reason at this time. Lets let the dust settle and be 100% sure the account is not accessible by the hacker.
If you want to be 100% that you are talking to me, send me an email^^

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:37:29 PM

I will email you a photo & time stamp shortly. Please 'vouch' for me here once you receive it.

I just PM'd with him; I can confirm that the individual who cc'd you was the hacker.

Why can't you openly sign here?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
moonpie45

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:37:58 PM

This unauthorized party has committed fraud by communicating with other forum members posing as me through this account, and fraudulently taken payment into a BTC address that I do not control.
I hope you are going to do the right thing and reimburse the party who sent bitcoin to the hacker.

I received an email from Elias now holding a sign addressed to me. It seems to corroborate that the person posting is the true Elianite.

You are certain the email was in fact from him, correct? If his account was hacked, then it may be reasonable to say that his email was hacked also. Is the person in the picture someone that you have previously known to be elianite?
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 08:44:48 PM

I hope you are going to do the right thing and reimburse the party who sent bitcoin to the hacker.

You are certain the email was in fact from him, correct? If his account was hacked, then it may be reasonable to say that his email was hacked also. Is the person in the picture someone that you have previously known to be elianite?

Currently I know of two cases. I will make things right with both of these individuals. I cant yet comment on cases I don't yet know of.

Howard knows what I look like. Ill provide more proof as needed.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 08:51:03 PM

Why can't you openly sign here?

I think I just signed from my address (175M)
Can someone confirm?

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:52:15 PM

Yes I know what Elianite looks like and can confirm that this person sent me a email now holding a handwritten sign that was addressed to me and dated.

Again I would suggest that Elias sign his message as I believe that is considered more proof than just my statement.

I would also urge people to cease payments for the time being.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:53:43 PM

Yes I know what Elianite looks like and can confirm that this person sent me a email now holding a handwritten sign that was addressed to me and dated.

Again I would suggest that Elias sign his message as I believe that is considered more proof than just my statement.

That would be the better route.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 09:01:13 PM

That would be the better route.

Agreed.
Ive attempted to sign from my main address. Ive never done it before, so I don't know if it worked.
If there are only two scam victims, this is not a catastrophe. I'll wait for the dust to settle.
In the meantime, can this PLEASE be moved back to 'Collectibles'; its where it needs to be seen!
I am going to sleep shortly, and will not be readily reachable for much of tomorrow. Please PM or email me any info you have.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 09:15:48 PM

Ive attempted to sign from my main address. Ive never done it before, so I don't know if it worked.
Here's a tutorial by shorena[1] covering almost all common wallet options and how to sign from each of them.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

In the meantime, can this PLEASE be moved back to 'Collectibles'; its where it needs to be seen!
It belongs in this section.
Most of the collectibles guys are aware by now (at least the "core" group is, as we shared it in our chat).
Also, I've left a neutral feedback on your trust page pointing here to increase visibility.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 09:26:10 PM

Here's a tutorial by shorena[1] covering almost all common wallet options and how to sign from each of them.

Most of the collectibles guys are aware by now (at least the "core" group is, as we shared it in our chat).
Also, I've left a neutral feedback on your trust page pointing here to increase visibility.

The wallet I use does not allow sigs as per the guide. Ill let the dust settle for a day or two & then figure things out.

And thanks for spreading the word.

moonpie45

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 10:36:46 PM

The wallet I use does not allow sigs as per the guide. Ill let the dust settle for a day or two & then figure things out.
This is very unlikely. What wallet program do you use?
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 11:01:53 PM

And thanks for spreading the word.

You can export a key to another wallet then sign from there...

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 11:13:21 PM

We had no communication during the affected timeframe.

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 03:24:07 AM

We didn't talk at that time!

Hope all gets settled Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: