Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION: Ive been HACKED Account is now secure. Have 'we' talked in past week?  (Read 1775 times)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 05:40:53 AM

The wallet I use does not allow sigs as per the guide. Ill let the dust settle for a day or two & then figure things out.
This is very unlikely. What wallet program do you use?

Blockchain.info 2016 version.
Ill figure it out in the coming days.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 08:09:40 AM

The wallet I use does not allow sigs as per the guide. Ill let the dust settle for a day or two & then figure things out.

[GUIDE] How to Sign/Verify message in NEW Blockchain Wallet
[GUIDE] How to sign a message?!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 01:47:11 PM

minerjones may have an idea based on book sales or requests.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 04:47:18 PM

[GUIDE] How to Sign/Verify message in NEW Blockchain Wallet
[GUIDE] How to sign a message?!

SIGNED

Address: 175MrR5KugioC7DSxBSBKwkJxhwFiFPeTZ
Signature: HFnFxuhvO+ixmQNRvz0iUhVokwqkX7V9Q1Uz7kgnkvI0EdO8BlTLCXdZ94s84xjXxAUDpeeJurGRuZVAuvINLSs=

Can someone verify?

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:51:27 PM

Verified: http://www.coinig.com/?adr=175MrR5KugioC7DSxBSBKwkJxhwFiFPeTZ&msg=elianite+is+here&sig=HFnFxuhvO%2BixmQNRvz0iUhVokwqkX7V9Q1Uz7kgnkvI0EdO8BlTLCXdZ94s84xjXxAUDpeeJurGRuZVAuvINLSs%3D

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 08:12:44 AM

The dust has settled, and I dont believe that there are beyond three scam occurrences.

To the three individuals I have spoken to who paid to the fraudulent addresses: rest assured that I will honor 100% of the payments. I am fully taking the hit for these cases.

What happened was that the hacker read my outbox, copied my writing style, and sent messages to three people whom I had previously sent payment addresses to. These messages stated that the address was incorrect, and to instead send to an updated address (which the hacker controlled). They then deleted all outgoing and incoming messages, so I was none the wiser.

Losses stand at several bitcoins.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:50:11 PM

The dust has settled, and I dont believe that there are beyond three scam occurrences.

To the three individuals I have spoken to who paid to the fraudulent addresses: rest assured that I will honor 100% of the payments. I am fully taking the hit for these cases.

What happened was that the hacker read my outbox, copied my writing style, and sent messages to three people whom I had previously sent payment addresses to. These messages stated that the address was incorrect, and to instead send to an updated address (which the hacker controlled). They then deleted all outgoing and incoming messages, so I was none the wiser.

Losses stand at several bitcoins.

Oh boy, so sorry to hear that.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:32:51 AM

You better hope you haven't been rat'd and the hacker is just laying low, if you already changed you PW's on that computer or entered your Bitcoin Passphrase then you are pretty much screwed as he can hit you at any given time, it happened to me twice (Besides my offline wallet), the bastard flushed my exchange accounts out, then the 2nd time within the fortnight of the original hack was trying to sell my Bitcointalk account after doing some shady dealings and scamming others then popping pictures up on my PC of FBI related things Roll Eyes What a wanker, lesson learned though and they were caught out through PM logs through my email address since they were deleting them browser side (They literally watched my PC usage and sleep patterns for when I used my PC), once compromised always disconnect the affected PC from the Internet, Change All Passwords on another PC that isn't compromised and then backup wallet.dat files + what is important and then reformat the affected PC to be sure.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:47:00 AM

You better hope you haven't been rat'd and the hacker is just laying low, if you already changed you PW's on that computer or entered your Bitcoin Passphrase then you are pretty much screwed as he can hit you at any given time, it happened to me twice (Besides my offline wallet), the bastard flushed my exchange accounts out, then the 2nd time within the fortnight of the original hack was trying to sell my Bitcointalk account after doing some shady dealings and scamming others then popping pictures up on my PC of FBI related things Roll Eyes What a wanker, lesson learned though and they were caught out through PM logs through my email address since they were deleting them browser side (They literally watched my PC usage and sleep patterns for when I used my PC), once compromised always disconnect the affected PC from the Internet, Change All Passwords on another PC that isn't compromised and then backup wallet.dat files + what is important and then reformat the affected PC to be sure.

Yeah that, plus...

SIGNED

Address: 175MrR5KugioC7DSxBSBKwkJxhwFiFPeTZ
Signature: HFnFxuhvO+ixmQNRvz0iUhVokwqkX7V9Q1Uz7kgnkvI0EdO8BlTLCXdZ94s84xjXxAUDpeeJurGRuZVAuvINLSs=

Can someone verify?

You just gave your hacker a sweet treat with that there message as now mr hacker can just copy paste your signed message and use it to prove he is you to anyone else that doesn't know better because it is an extremely general message and you didn't include a date!!

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 11:29:00 AM

Thankyou for the tips. Ill be taking some further steps to ensure the conputer & everything is secure.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: