Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bubble is bursting—what a relief!  (Read 5247 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:22:46 PM

The most likely thing is that the market won't do what everyone thinks it will. I think it will be a correction, significant, but not 'back to single digits apocolypse'. Suspect we might see a slide back into the 100's, but I think any decline will be short lived as there are still an awful lot of people in the world that need to buy in, and the monetization of bitcoin is far from over.

The fundamentals point to a decline towards some $20. In fact, single digits would not really surprise me either.

I also think that the price decline will take more than 6 months, perhaps more than a year.

I agree that this will not kill bitcoin completely. It does damage to its reputation though.
I very much agree, except that I think the target is between $20 and $30. We've been through this once before, and it resulted in about a 100% increase over pre-bubble prices, so I think this is a fair estimate. Also, since people are denying that we're in a bubble and that it didn't just pop, that means that we're in a bubble that just popped.

nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 09:23:48 PM

You don't need to be here very long to realise that prices go up, prices go down, and the worst thing you can do is to buy or sell during a panic!

I think we all get burnt once - I know I did - but you soon learn, the price is going up until we run out of people who think it should cost any more!

I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $1000 by the end of the year - but when the rate goes up too quickly, its going to come back down again very quickly, until it reaches the growth rate it can cope with.

Nothing to see here! Wink

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:25:25 PM

I feel bad for all the people who sold (not those who got millions out of it).
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:37:03 PM

If you're not into day trading, there's a single rule to Bitcoins : thou shall not sell, ever, until BTC has reached full potential or is $0.

Everyone who does not adhere to this, is prey.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

I only wish I had money in an exchange so I could scoop up cheap coins.

Oh well, there will be a next time.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:49:37 PM

If you're not into day trading, there's a single rule to Bitcoins : thou shall not sell, ever, until BTC has reached full potential or is $0.

Everyone who does not adhere to this, is prey.

If it hits $0 you might as well keep your BTC as a souvernier ha.
hgmichna (OP)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:24:51 PM

Another idiotic bubble post.

Congratulations OP, you are just as retarded as the others.
Agreed.

I do not quite understand what these messages mean. They both seem to agree that I am retarded, but they fail to explain how the posters got to that conclusion.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:39:59 PM

Agreed.

I do not quite understand what these messages mean. They both seem to agree that I am retarded, but they fail to explain how the posters got to that conclusion.
Why are you digging up this post that is two thirds of a month old? You may very well be a lovely, intelligent person, but this post was annoying because it was one of like 700 'bitcoin going to zero' troll posts that didn't really offer much else to the conversation aside from spreading FUD.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

Agreed.

Because there was about 18480447048375626420476290275624 other threads in here that literally said the EXACT SAME THING?

(And it didn't happen, after all, but honestly that is irrelevant to the point stated above.)

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
hgmichna (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:48:01 PM

Agreed.

Because there was about 18480447048375626420476290275624 other threads in here that literally said the EXACT SAME THING?

Could you provide a link to one of them?
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:35:42 AM

The point about forecasting Bitcoin price is that everybody else will have another opinion, thus easily agreeing that the forecaster must be an idiot.

Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:50:36 PM

Why are you digging up this post that is two thirds of a month old? You may very well be a lovely, intelligent person, but this post was annoying because it was one of like 700 'bitcoin going to zero' troll posts that didn't really offer much else to the conversation aside from spreading FUD.

Seriously, this old-post fishing is getting, erm; old.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
hgmichna (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:07:04 PM

The prediction is for a time span of 6 to 12 months, so far the typical time for the price to settle down after a burst bitcoin price bubble.

So until that time has passed, this thread should still be considered relevant.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:17:47 PM

The prediction is for a time span of 6 to 12 months, so far the typical time for the price to settle down after a burst bitcoin price bubble.

Yes, we have witnessed 1 burst and the time frame was ~9 Month. Therefore the typical time frame is ~9 Month.

Humanity has explored 1 Planet and it contained intelligent live. Therefore the typical Planet contains intelligent live.

Also, this thread never was relevant.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM

Moving target it would seem.

Let the weak hands sell.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:40:09 PM

The most likely thing is that the market won't do what everyone thinks it will. I think it will be a correction, significant, but not 'back to single digits apocolypse'. Suspect we might see a slide back into the 100's, but I think any decline will be short lived as there are still an awful lot of people in the world that need to buy in, and the monetization of bitcoin is far from over.

The fundamentals point to a decline towards some $20. In fact, single digits would not really surprise me either.

I also think that the price decline will take more than 6 months, perhaps more than a year.

I agree that this will not kill bitcoin completely. It does damage to its reputation though.

Oh no... Bitcoin's reputation could be damaged?  We're doomed...
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:12:02 AM

Oh no... Bitcoin's reputation could be damaged?  We're doomed...

necrobumping seems to be all the rage this week.
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:25:35 AM

It beats watching the price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: