Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 02:17:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you plan to sell?  (Read 92507 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:00:37 AM

I am doing day trading and most of the time i sell when i see the decent price rally according to it, i started to sell my coins from 900$ and i had sold out nearly 50% of my stock around $940 price and had bought back 30% stock back at $880 range. i just trade for 10% profit and keep my investment and reap the profit
That is a good strategy to generate profit from day trading. I also did the same strategy like you. I buy my bitcoins from $728 and i sold them for the price nearly $900 and now i'm just waiting for a dip for the price so i can buy cheaper bitcoins again and wait for the another chance to sell it for a higher price Cheesy. But to make sure that i'm on my comfort zone i do both short term and long term trading/investment Grin.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:37:41 AM

Unless something bad occured, Bitcoin is going well, but I am always afraid of bad accidents like big exchange hacking, this kind of events happens every period of time and causes Bitcoin crash, otherwise I do not see any reason to sell Bitcoin, despite buying new high potential assets, I am currently holding Bitcoin, Lisk, and Iconomi.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:38:05 AM

What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?
my aim of going into bitcoin is to rise alot capital for trading and also to assist those in need of financial assistance. To me bitcoin is a currency we should have forever because it has value and what ever has values is worthwhile and what ever is worthwhile is worth having.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 10:27:13 AM

What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?
my aim of going into bitcoin is to rise alot capital for trading and also to assist those in need of financial assistance. To me bitcoin is a currency we should have forever because it has value and what ever has values is worthwhile and what ever is worthwhile is worth having.
In my opinion, You can't stick with your bitcoin in your portfolio forever because you need to sell them in order to harvest the profits that you have been made from it.

Yes we say the bitcoin is a currency and it has a value but what if the market falls off? and the price will dramatically down and you know that you almost loss all of your investment and the price of bitcoin is very low. Do you think bitcoin will be worth it to hold? Do you think that it is still have a value?
razoor (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:22:23 PM

Well, the good point it that if bitcoin is success we won't have to sell it anymore. Smiley
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:48:00 PM

I plan to sell when the price of bitcoin is around 10,000 dollars. But that may seem really far fetched but I think it might happen but not in the near future. Bitcoins doesn't have enough supply to supplement the demand for bitcoins of the whole world. Maybe we will all be millionaires when this happens but it would be really far away. Or... the price would really plummet and never come back up and we all lose interest in bitcoins. Who knows...
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 05:36:45 PM

I sell my coins either when there is an emergency or when I get atleast 20% above the rate at which I bought them. I only sell 30% of my coins at one go as earlier I incurred a loss by selling my coins at 10% as the exchange adjusted the market rate the last moment and the fees too made my profit half the amount at what I had decided. Since I accept many payment methods while selling my coins, it becomes more profitable when I sell it via exchanges.

AmsterdamPimp

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:39:22 PM

I've been selling all the way from 500 and yeah I kick myself but that is the way the cookie crumbles when you live life in the fast lane.

Social Gambling Game ●
░▒ B2 | BitDouble.io ▒░
● THE MOST FUN TO WIN BITCOIN ●
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:41:42 PM

I have thought to keep my coins as long as possible, regardless of the price they have. personally I would not think of getting rid of them even knowing that their price could drop handsomely, but for me my bitcoins are a very long-term investment.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:07:33 PM

I may sell around 50% if price crosses or touches $1000 and will wait for some dump because there may be lots of selling force at this level. And i will buy back if price get corrected a little bit may be at around $900.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:18:24 AM

I may sell around 50% if price crosses or touches $1000 and will wait for some dump because there may be lots of selling force at this level. And i will buy back if price get corrected a little bit may be at around $900.

That's a great plan. I'll probably follow you but I'll see if what would be the bottom of that price drop. Maybe we might even see $800 again so I'll look into that first before I buy some more. I hope though that it drops to that level and if it does I'll sell all my assets everywhere and buy shit loads of bitcoins because for sure it will sky rocket after dropping.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:18:14 AM

That's a great plan. I'll probably follow you but I'll see if what would be the bottom of that price drop. Maybe we might even see $800 again so I'll look into that first before I buy some more. I hope though that it drops to that level and if it does I'll sell all my assets everywhere and buy shit loads of bitcoins because for sure it will sky rocket after dropping.
i guess this is an investment question not trading question , i mean a long term investment that will never sell it at any price until someone urgently need that fund investment, and divest it in the eand.

so ideally you should not sell your bitcoin ever , beside it is a good long term investment, it will just keep growing.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:24:44 AM

I plan to sell daily and rebuy daily for short term trading a.k.a day trading. I will do these until I accumulated around 150 BTC.  I'll wait for $2000 per BTC and sell the  50 BTC, and wait for $5000  to sell another 50 BTC and lastly, I will sell at $10,000.  That would be enough to live a finance worry-free life.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1262

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:32:44 AM

I sell my coins either when there is an emergency or when I get atleast 20% above the rate at which I bought them. I only sell 30% of my coins at one go as earlier I incurred a loss by selling my coins at 10% as the exchange adjusted the market rate the last moment and the fees too made my profit half the amount at what I had decided. Since I accept many payment methods while selling my coins, it becomes more profitable when I sell it via exchanges.

I would do this kind of approach too for this is a safer way to handle Bitcoin trade.  Aside from that every sell I made i will try to rebuy on every bitcoin price dip to increase my stash while the price is going up.  Rinse and repeat.  I would not have an exit plan to maximize the earnings from day trading.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:52:33 PM

short answer is never!
but if I see a sudden surge and also prices above $1000 I will sell some small amounts to get some money and celebrate with it. although I prefer to do it directly with bitcoin, as in going out and spending bitcoin directly but I would be satisfied with selling and using the money too.
other than that I am going to keep holding my coins.

Only Bitcoin
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:26:40 PM

short answer is never!
but if I see a sudden surge and also prices above $1000 I will sell some small amounts to get some money and celebrate with it. although I prefer to do it directly with bitcoin, as in going out and spending bitcoin directly but I would be satisfied with selling and using the money too.
other than that I am going to keep holding my coins.

But fact answer is everyone use to sell their bitcoins every week or month once they received from the campaign managers. Atleast some part of the people will do, as much I know. As you said holding would be best option if you aim for big profit or long term investment.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:32:29 PM

It may now be the right time to sell bitcoin because prices are rising so fast, but if you want to hold back some time again it does not matter because the price will continue to rise for some time to come. If I now sell my bitcoin since this was already past my target. And I've been satisfied since my target has been reached. I sell entire bitcoin that is intentionally for me hold until prices rise.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:39:03 PM

I think the best move either is to hold for the long term or just sell all if you can profit more than $50 on each bitcoin. but for most people there wont be any significant gain even if they sell all they got, I'd hold on to my bitcoins at least for another 5 years and will try to accumulate more and more over time.

🖤😏
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:41:21 PM

I have started to sell my coins from $950 price as i know that their is a very strong selling support near $1000 so as soon as we can see the price we will be seeing the sellers dumping the coins. And as per my view it is always a good selling on the rise as their will be sure some correction of price that time we can enter back
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:05:20 PM

In my view, Now it is good time to sell the bitcoins, and i have sold my bitcoins but still i hold some bitcoins, because bitcoin price unpredictable, can't understand to sell the bitcoins right time. Because many time it confusing us, that's why now i want suggest should hold the bitcoins for a short time and look after the price than definitely we can gain more money for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: